Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

HydraMaster Hydra -Dri powdered detergent
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »
hello.  I have a T/M ans have recently been using prochems fibre and fabric rinse as a ....rinse! I have an amount of Hydramaster  Hydra Dri and am thinking of using this as a ....rinse, as I have done in the past, with good results as I remember. Comparing the PH on both diluted products the hydra dri is around 10m as opposed to 4 on the Prochem ...does this make a difference really, and  any one using the hydra regularly ,would appreciate comments. Thanks Simon

Tony Stewart

Re: HydraMaster Hydra -Dri powdered detergent
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 07:17:38 pm »
Simon...........because you have the huge flushing power of the truckmount the hydra dri grabs the last bit of dirt as it rinses. Dont worry too much about the ph as you have not really left much in the carpet.
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:18:42 pm »
hello.  I have a T/M ans have recently been using prochems fibre and fabric rinse as a ....rinse! I have an amount of Hydramaster  Hydra Dri and am thinking of using this as a ....rinse, as I have done in the past, with good results as I remember. Comparing the PH on both diluted products the hydra dri is around 10m as opposed to 4 on the Prochem ...does this make a difference really, and  any one using the hydra regularly ,would appreciate comments. Thanks Simon

It depends on what carpet fibre you are cleaning. Wool should be left neutral to prevent browning therefore fib and fab is a good choice. Synthetic carpets cannot brown therefore using Hydra dri is best as alkaline chemicals remove more soiling than acid rinses.

Regardless of how good the flushing power and drying ability of a machine, the carpet fibres will be left at the ph of the solution you used to rinse it with.

Hydra Dri is an excellent product.

edward coller

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:37:23 pm »
Thanks for those replies, very helpful, As I am using T/M which has a continuos feed of the rinsing product from a attached container, its impractical to keep changing product for different types of carpet. Having used Hydra dri for a long period previously ,and having many repeat customers mostly better end 80/20 wool, I never had aproblem with a carpet after cleaning(as far as Im aware)  How many of you guys have had a browning problemA, at all, or B, after using a high PH product? Cheers Simon

Raymondo

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:56:37 pm »
I use hydradry the ph is between 9.5 and 11 and it is for synthetic carpets only not wool.

I only use it in a place we clean regularity that gets a bit grim it gets cleaned every 2 months but I am not a fan of using high ph rinses so will use an acid rinses every other clean.

Why don't you get another chem drum so that you can swop between products.

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 07:15:36 pm »
Thanks for those replies, very helpful, As I am using T/M which has a continuos feed of the rinsing product from a attached container, its impractical to keep changing product for different types of carpet. Having used Hydra dri for a long period previously ,and having many repeat customers mostly better end 80/20 wool, I never had aproblem with a carpet after cleaning(as far as Im aware)  How many of you guys have had a browning problemA, at all, or B, after using a high PH product? Cheers Simon

Carry on as you are if you think that is best...... however.

Browning problems do exist, I have never had a problem and many others never had. They do happen from time to time though which is why we have different chems for different uses. Prevention is better than cure.

I have had a TM and changing the chem is as difficult as putting the chemical draw tube in to a different container of stock solution.

stu_thomson

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 09:10:41 pm »
I've acquired a large tub of of hydradri and use it as a prespray then acid rinse as usual with good results

Stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

edward coller

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »
Stu can I ask do you use on both synthetic and wool and how do you acid rinse,ie  solution in the tank with the h2o or spray on after extraction?

stu_thomson

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:24 pm »
I would personally use on all carpets as a prespray then acid rinse which is in my truck mount tank always
On a high quality clean ish wool, I'd use a microsplitter prespray.

Stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 02:00:29 pm »
However you clean and with what, unless you are instantly leaving the fabric dry on your wanding, encapping etc then you ARE leaving product in the fabric. If you are rinsing with product, then of course you leave product behind again unless you miraculously have something that rinses and immediately dries in one pass. Even dry cleaning with sponges will leave some behind. The job for us is to make sure whatever we do leave behind doesn't cause a problem - either resoiling or browning etc.

So the PH of the rinse does matter - leave behind high PH on wool and it will catch you - one day. Maybe even has without you knowing - some customers are just too polite to ring you if they notice something after the clean or may not even recognise a little browning. But they then vote with their wallet next time.

Then there is stain protecting - charging for stain pro on carpets that won't even allow the product to bond with the fabric because of the rinse used is poor service.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »
I have two solution bottles on my truckmount............one has say hydradri and the other say fab and fibre rinse. Split the chem tube by cutting it and then get a three way flow tap so you can switch beween the two solutions(off sol 1 sol2). Then the change over is instant. As Jason says wool may bite you eventually but hydradri on a commercial minger and the hydradri grabs the last load of dirt.
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there