This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jetmac

The Main thing that i have had problems with on building belt drive machines since 2015  is the foot rail brackets splitting or breaking  causing the belt to loosen causing the belt to ratchet over the teeth of the pulley stripping all the teeth from belt.

Solution all Brackets foot rails are now manufactured with 6 mm stainless steel - Problem solved !!

Mike Halliday

Terry be careful you don't cross the line with blatant advertising for Jetmac ( unless you have already contacted the admin to arrange to be a paid advertiser) it annoys the companies that do pay ;)

But back to your post, I build my own machines and I'm often puzzled why company don't go over board when using belts and flexible coupling, I used a Fenner flexible coupling on a machine with a 24hp engine the coupling I used was rated for a load over 80hp.... it lasted for ever!! Ok it cost twice as much but in the whole build cost it was  negligible, I have done the same with belt driven machine.

Are costing  of machines so competitive that you need to be frugal with parts?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

A couple of rough examples.... the belt machine is over 10yrs old and still on the same belt the coupling the same,  the engines blow before the fittings!  (I think the belt has been used on 4 different machines)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Plankton

The Main thing that i have had problems with on building belt drive machines since 2015  is the foot rail brackets splitting or breaking  causing the belt to loosen causing the belt to ratchet over the teeth of the pulley stripping all the teeth from belt.

Solution all Brackets foot rails are now manufactured with 6 mm stainless steel - Problem solved !!
I have to say I haven't (touch wood) had an issue with the belt or the bracket splitting so I can't see why there would be an advantage having something more expensive fitted. (2014/15ish machine)