Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jamesjames

Alcohol sick from wool carpet
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:38:46 am »
Hi Guys,  do you know of a product for cleaning alcohol vomit from a wool carpet, I have tried crafex powdered enzyme but this has not shifted it totally. Any help would be appreciated

Robin Ray

Re: Alcohol sick from wool carpet
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:23:28 pm »
On wool your best bet is probably craftex liquid enzyme first as it is ph neutral so you can give it an extended dwell time with no potential browning problems. Enzymes need extended dwell to work. 15 mins +
Then rinse with fresh water.
The stain left will either be a tannin stain from the alcohol if it is red wine or browning from the vomit so....
1, spray with acid at 8:1 and leave to dwell for 15 mins then rinse.
If its a browning thats probably it however if its a tannin stain from wine...
2, Use craftex shift spray and dwell for 15 mins then rinse, This is sodium metabisulphite which reduces the stain by removing color so its important to know when to stop with it.
I have used these methods and products to great success on these problems.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:51:58 pm »
Also depends on what's come up, sometimes it's not just stomach stuff (yuk) it can be the colour of the ingested item for example I did a job where a child had overdosed on smarties and the red dye was prominent another was teenagers with blue wkd.

Elfyn

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 05:28:18 pm »
This might be one that you won't win. The cocktail of enzymes and other vile things in vomit might mean that it has reacted with the wool and won't come out. I, personally, wouldn't use any enzyme based cleaners on this type of stain and would probalby start with a cold fresh water rinse.

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 05:33:08 pm »
This might be one that you won't win. The cocktail of enzymes and other vile things in vomit might mean that it has reacted with the wool and won't come out. I, personally, wouldn't use any enzyme based cleaners on this type of stain and would probalby start with a cold fresh water rinse.

Enzymes are perfect for this type of situation

This stuff is great http://www.craftexcleaningsystems.co.uk/consumables-c1/carpet-upholstery-pre-sprays-c5/craftex-pre-enzyme-solution-5ltr-p25