Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H2GoKent

CAPS again
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
Is anyone still doing any work for them?
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

deeege

Re: CAPS again
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:47:14 pm »
Is anyone still doing any work for them?

No, all on hold until payment is made.

Still had no communication from them apart from instructions to stop the JD Sports work as they have had that contract terminated.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:16:41 am »
any of you been paid yet?surely no ones gonna still do work for them are they?
price higher/work harder!

Mick Kent

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:09 am »
Caps were bailed out last min. I have heard a rumor that a well known company may be hitting the retail market and taking a few big contracts verey soon. Caps have lost there reputation with a lot of contracts now by not delivering.
Lets see what happens.

H2GoKent

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 12:08:43 pm »
Caps were bailed out last min. I have heard a rumor that a well known company may be hitting the retail market and taking a few big contracts verey soon. Caps have lost there reputation with a lot of contracts now by not delivering.
Lets see what happens.
That's interesting. Bailed out by who?
Be nice to get at least some of the dosh they owe as they have no assets to go after.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

David Morris wc

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 01:21:48 pm »
Mick

Can you contact me with info on this

07894204323  or email dmwc@talktalk.net

Mick Kent

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 02:05:12 pm »
was a post i read on FB. On the window cleaning page. Ill try find tye post and copy and paste.

aquakadabra

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 05:20:38 pm »
to be honest im not surprised they have gone bust there,s hardly any money in retail now  profits very low compared to what it was just before recession. Ive just sold most of my retail work there,s more money on the houses.

George P

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
Lets see what happens.

Maybe so, but I heard they had gone into liquidation or receivership mid - late last week

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 08:52:24 am »
being bailed out will in reality mean no one gets their money, but the 'new' business will carry on debt free !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jarvy

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 08:23:22 pm »
My missus rang caps earlier, spoke to Nicola who said we was not going to be paid.
My debt is small compared to some that are owed by them
Also nice to know Stuart is also on holiday
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

jarvy

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 06:44:54 pm »
Just filed a CCJ against them.
Had enough of their lies

Tom Supreme

deeege

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 01:56:00 am »
http://www.creditman.co.uk/news/appointment-of-administrators-notices-22-september-2017/

Yep gone into administration officially now.

Sickening really that it's took them the best part of 8 weeks, no doubt to offload the Servest funds into their own personal bank accounts.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

jarvy

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 10:30:40 pm »
Did anyone get any money back from this? Not even sure if still ongoing.

deeege

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 05:54:10 am »
Did anyone get any money back from this? Not even sure if still ongoing.

Hi Jarvy, hope you are well!

I never saw a penny. I think I got a couple letters from their administrator with a link to follow for updates but soon realised the administrator was charging them thousands and there’d be hardly anything left over for us. (As is usually the case)

Very suspicious that the way they wrapped things up was done questionably, ie trading insolvently and waiting for the last payment from Servest for their NEXT contract, shifting funds then dumping the Caps business.

What can be done though?

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 10:50:12 am »
Not related to CAPS but I had a retail unit go in to administration on me last year owing me around several hundred pounds.

This really gets me as they know what they are doing and that they are in trouble yet still carry on with a non essential service like window cleaning.

I got the  various letters from the liquidating administration company filled out all the forms and it was quite clear I was never going to see a penny.

Luckily someone I know was friends with the owner and I managed to get my money in the end but it taught me a valuable lesson and not to be to trusting.If invoices aren't paid on time now  then cleaning stops simple as that.