This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Anderson

Satisfying day
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:34:32 pm »
Just finished a 1st clean on this house and the houses in the background that in this google maps pic are part built..... nice to have something new to clean every now and then.... 5 new houses cleaned today, job and knock.

What makes the mundane routine better for you?
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Stoots

Re: Satisfying day
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:14:50 pm »
New customer this morn. Did an fsg and gutter clean on it as well. Got a bun and a coffee and a tip. And was home for 1pm.

All Done for the week

Satisfied

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:39 pm »
just finished my last job and the heavens opened after a nice dry mornings work(and its not stopped since!).that was at 1230pm.2 hours of solid rain!

now thats satisfying! ;D

it was worth battling the rain wed and thurs to get my scheduled work completed.off now til monday morning.happy days. 8)
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:28 pm »
just finished my last job and the heavens opened after a nice dry mornings work(and its not stopped since!).that was at 1230pm.2 hours of solid rain!

now thats satisfying! ;D

it was worth battling the rain Wed and thurs to get my scheduled work completed.off now til monday morning.happy days. 8)

You didn't battle the rain Wed and Thurs. you waited until it had cleared up, admit it your just as big a pansy as the rest of us. lol.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 05:13:50 pm »
Looking at "George" I had £172 left for the rest of this month all scheduled for today, Friday.

I looked at the weather forecast and thought - if it's a really bad 'un. I'll shunt it to Monday and have a day off. Last night it looked like it was gonna be dry until about 1pm so I thought "go for it."

I looked at the this morning and it had changed to dry until 11 am then rain all day and thought I'll shunt it to Monday.  But the first job is a regular 8 am start so I thought - blow it lets get stuck in and see what happens.

So from 8 am til 11 am I've reached £120 and right on cue the heavens open. I thought "sod it" - looks like that's it so I park up and have an early packed lunch and look at the last two houses totalling £52.

I know one house will have no one about so crack on in the rain and lo and behold it dries up for an hour so I finish off the other one.

Monday off!
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:36:56 pm »
New work. That's good for the motivation.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 07:03:31 pm »
i had a spate of new enquiries /jobs a few weeks ago plus a few add ons(and the weather was much nicer!)made me feel good.

this week im glad i had to skip some jobs due to building work/or outstanding debt etc!

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »
For me its just little things really.
So when i was trad working, i started to time myself per house and push myself to be quicker n quicker. Or to change a technique like on the vid i posted the other day until ive mastered it. I enjoyed that as it takes the boredom away, but also when people saw how i worked they would employ me because they knew i was experienced and good (wish i had a quid for everytime i got told that).
There wasnt much more i could do under trad working to bring new life into it. Then 2 yrs back went wfp and that brought new life to the job. So now that ive mastered all the basics, im looking at small ways in which i can shake time off, new ways to improve.  The friend who first went onto wfp and who got me into it, is alot like some on here with his approach.....if it does the job dont change it.....or if its not broken  dont fix it!!  But im not of that attitude, a small change here can make a big difference here. So for instance my 14 inch brick that some refer to, fits the width of alot of my windows so 1 pass for clean and 1 pass for rinse (esp 6 jets).....where as a smaller brush would be side to side or whatever and a whole lot more energy.

So sorry for waffle, but for me looking for ways to improve keeps this job alive for me
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 08:37:56 pm »
New customer this morn. Did an fsg and gutter clean on it as well. Got a bun and a coffee and a tip. And was home for 1pm.

All Done for the week

Satisfied

Was it a Dave B £400 job Ad?
We look at them, they look through them.

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 11:07:31 pm »

All Done for the week

Satisfied

Im up to date with all my work and have been for ages, will be working this weekend aswell.

Arent you behind with your schedule adam? Knocking off early mate?satisfied?

Taking on new work you need to up your game right about now, you need to push your limits and you'll be suprised at what you can achieve.

Go hard or go home? Which is likeley to be the best option to reach your goals?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 11:11:46 pm »
Paul Alan - What if one of your goals is to have the last Friday afternoon of the month off?
It's a game of three halves!

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 11:19:14 pm »
Paul Alan - What if one of your goals is to have the last Friday afternoon of the month off?
Then it would contradict my goal of building my round, l would reach my first goal of achieving a full round first then l would consider taking it easy.

You cant put the cart before the horse and expect to move forward.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 11:49:00 pm »
Then it would contradict my goal of building my round, l would reach my first goal of achieving a full round first then l would consider taking it easy.

who wants a full round anyway?not me! ;)

not flat out 8 hours a day,5 days a week!

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 11:53:28 pm »

a full round is different for most people, your round is full for you.

But adams been posting hes way behind.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:29 pm »
working a half day again but still making £50 an hour for 3 hours.(4 domestic jobs.)leaving the afternoon to get my haircut and sort out my debt list ready for collecting tonight. :)

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 05:56:20 pm »
Ditto, 3 jobs today £170.
Love days like this.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 07:21:59 am »

I would consider 6 hours on the glass 4 days a week a full round.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 07:42:35 am »
Just finished a 1st clean on this house and the houses in the background that in this google maps pic are part built..... nice to have something new to clean every now and then.... 5 new houses cleaned today, job and knock.

a cup of coffee and a bit of banter with a customer for 5 mins helps my day a long esp if ive worked for hours without seeing a single customer!

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 07:57:31 am »

a cup of coffee and a bit of banter with a customer for 5 mins helps my day a long esp if ive worked for hours without seeing a single customer!
My perfect day is to not see a single customer.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 08:20:55 am »

My perfect day is to not see a single customer.

why?