Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

Thinking of going hot water
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:58:56 am »
Mainly because of slug/snail trails at this time of year and the odd baked on bird dirt but mainly snail trails as i am spending twice as long at some houses. So how much £ on gas do you hot water users recon it would cost per month for a 2 man set up?? Been looking at diesel systems too which cost alot more but would these be cheaper in long run and do they get water as hot as gas heaters??

Dry Clean

Re: Thinking of going hot water
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 12:36:38 pm »
I used a campervan on demand gas water heater back in my experimental days, to be honest it wasn't cheap to run and made
very little difference to cleaning times and effort so didn't stick with it, that said I don't get a lot of stuff on the glass that's hard to
remove.
The heaters themselves aren't that expensive so you might as well give it a try and work out is the cost worth it to you.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 12:53:21 pm »
I would avoid the gas heated systems.  Not worth the saftey and insurance risks.  Some will disagree on here but I heard some disasters with accidents with gas.

Insurance is a grey area too. 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 12:57:48 pm »
Mainly because of slug/snail trails at this time of year and the odd baked on bird dirt but mainly snail trails as i am spending twice as long at some houses. So how much £ on gas do you hot water users recon it would cost per month for a 2 man set up?? Been looking at diesel systems too which cost alot more but would these be cheaper in long run and do they get water as hot as gas heaters??

i wouldnt bother mate.just use a natural hybrid brush for slug trails and a gardiners scraper for stubborn bird muck.

you wont be any quicker overall with hot water compared to a cold system.it just doesnt work out that way in day to day reality.

hot water is a waste of your time and money.i must of spent a couple of grand on heaters,hot water hoses, GAS over the course of a few years.it didnt speed me up at all and i had the extra faff to deal with.

i also nearly set my new van on fire after a gas leak.never again for me.
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 01:04:16 pm »

I've got a diesel 9kw heater and it never misses a beat. Used on a weekly basis for first and deep cleans often on jobs where the windows haven't been cleaned for years and it certainly does speed these kind of jobs up and with less physical effort.

I'm certainly glad to have hot water as part of my arsenal 

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 01:34:14 pm »
My advice would be to try it with your cheapest option and see if its for you.
People will give you conflicting information but they wont know your setup nor the houses you clean mate.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

WGB

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 02:35:30 pm »

I've got a diesel 9kw heater and it never misses a beat. Used on a weekly basis for first and deep cleans often on jobs where the windows haven't been cleaned for years and it certainly does speed these kind of jobs up and with less physical effort.

I'm certainly glad to have hot water as part of my arsenal
Simon what is max temp of 9kw heater?

WGB

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 02:43:58 pm »
Daz could you give me a link to which brush you think is best for snail trails as this is really slowing me down atm, i use an SLX  pole too btw. Cheers

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 02:50:01 pm »
Daz could you give me a link to which brush you think is best for snail trails as this is really slowing me down atm, i use an SLX  pole too btw. Cheers
how old is the brush your using

WGB

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »
few week old just

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 03:09:30 pm »
Use the Gardeners back scrapper.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »
medium mixed natural bristle  xtreme brush is good on snail trails or the SL gardiners flocked brush IMO
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
i use hot water and definately helps with the clean for me, its not a game changer but its worth what it costs me!
the little water heaters are cheap and nasty but mines been working nearly 4 years now and all set up properly no issues.
a bottle of 16kg gas a month costs me about £28 and literally melts the snail trails and those dame little yellow spots!!
the right brush though will help massively, i only use gardiner brushes but the black soft flocked or soft hybrid with hogs hair works a treat for me.

jonny thompson

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 06:26:48 pm »
LPG costs roughly 8 -10 pounds per week, theirs no issues with insurance and it definitely makes your working day better end of