This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Walter Mitty

Re: Do you remember your first ever customers clean?
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 09:42:55 am »
It would have been September/October 1991.  She was a neighbour.  First job I ever did I learned why you should avoid working for neighbours where possible (usually!) :)

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 10:48:01 am »
I was about 17/18 and working for someone. Haha i shudder now, only got paid £20 for slaving all day but it was back in the 90's.
Then for one day I helped another chap. He wanted someone to work his round for £20 a day, i was young and so i did. But only for a day!     Its going back to a time period where it was between £3 - £5 a house but this dude was charging £1 -   £1:50 per house and 2 of them were inside and out as well. At end of the day I made little over £20 and told the guy to vet someone else!!

Whereas the firat chap I worked for, when I finished in sales i asked him if hes still got the rounds and I started back up in 2002 officially in 2003. Rented round for 5mnths and then bought it of him. 2 yrs later I had better prices than what they initially was and also doubled the round. The beginings of my empire ☺
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 02:10:06 pm »
I remember every single first clean in summer of 2005 , they were all new custies as when i went door knocking i was stupid enough to offer all a free FSG clean , and i only had ladders back then  :o :o :o

I soon missed out the FSG bit as round was filling very fast for some reason !
Hardest summer of work in my life that was , but looking back it shocks me to see how many are still on the books , i only recall 3 of them to take me for the sucker i was and cancel on the second visit .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !