Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Let's play a game
« on: July 25, 2017, 07:29:56 pm »
Okay guys, time for you to decide what i should do after just being dumped by a customer.

So this woman comes up to me 2 months ago wanting her windows cleaned.  Seemed dead nice, said she wanted 4/8 weekly cleaning service.  I said right heres the price.  Then she said, do you do one off cleans out of interest?  I said no we dont, just 4 or 8 weekly.  She said okay thats fine, they will need doing every couple of months anyway.  (in B4, should of smelled she was a messer should of told her no or doubled the price, yeah i know i suck)

Right, she seems okay then lets get cracking.  Cleaned the windows fine no problem came up sparkling, she was happy and paid cash.  Then she said, next time you come here, can you clean my parents round the corner to as they are looking for a window cleaner.  So i said sure no probs.

Anyway 4 weeks pass, i text her (shortened version) "hi, coming to clean windows tomorrow", she replies i've decided i want the 8 weekly service can you come next month?  So, i said yes fine, i already told her 8 weekly was going to cost more and she was ok with it.

Another 4 weeks pass today, i text her same thing today she replies "Hello.  I don't want the windows cleaned thank you.  I'd like to leave it for now.  Thanks Rhian"

Right, clearly a one off clean brigader, so this is where the game starts.

Whatever is the most popular response from you lot is how i will deal with this.

Do i......

A) Tell her that we agreed on a 4/8 weekly cleaning service, and that i didn't do One Off cleans, and she has clearly done it on purpose, furthermore please dont ask me to ever clean your windows again, as i only deal with customers who stick to their agreements.

B) Tell her shes a stupid messer, sad excuse for a customer low life pathetic wasteman

C) Be professional and just forget and move on

D) Be more professional and thank her for custom that she gave me and i wish her all the best

E) Get your suggestions in lads, whoever has the most likes wins!

Shrek

Re: Let's play a game
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 07:34:31 pm »
I'd just leave it mate , life's too short to be stressing over one job. Forget and move on

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
What happened to the parents round the corner? Did they mess too or were they fictitious?
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:38:26 pm »
What happened to the parents round the corner? Did they mess too or were they fictitious?

Good question ... it has a bearing on how I might respond.

Option F) Flounce.

To flounce or not to flounce ... that is the question.
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »
Be professional and thank her for her service and when she is ready to have a regular service please feel free to contact me again.

Then mark her in back of your book so you can deal with it more appropriately next time, which will be never.
BUT start learning from this and charge more for a first clean!!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:41 pm »
I would send  a bill for the rest of the money she owes for the one off clean she had.

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 07:50:53 pm »
She doesn't deserve thanking for her custom, just reply No problem removed from round, at the end of the day you still have
money in your pocket.
These types are few and far between so don't give it a second thought.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 08:12:09 pm »
always charge more for a first clean then if you get this just forget about her( but dont forget that she just wanted a one off for next time she asks)then if she wants you to clean hers again in a years time  charge her at least double your normal clean price if you ve got time that day.
price higher/work harder!

Phil J

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 08:20:02 pm »
Ignore, move on and forget about her. The next job awaits!

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 08:25:51 pm »
I'm with Dry Clean this sort of thing doesn't even get to me,  its a rare occurrence anyway,  there are plenty of pros to this game to worry about the odd negative thing that happens. Cross it off and move on, i personally wouldn't even reply to the text, never mind writing and a4 paged post about it  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 09:59:46 pm »
Kick yourself up the backside for allowing you to be taken for a ride  ;D

Anyone mentioning one off cleaning will probably never go regular, hence the need to charge for a first clean, if your happy not to charge the extra then its forget and move on, anything else is unnessasary stress and confronting her serves no purpose - what comes around goes around

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 10:18:41 pm »
I would send  a bill for the rest of the money she owes for the one off clean she had.

Good luck enforcing that.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Walter Mitty

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:29 am »
It happens occasionally.  Just drop the job and don't work for her again.

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 01:50:28 pm »

Good luck enforcing that.
Wouldnt be looking to enforce it, just push the point that she has ripped someone off.

Then leave it at that, you never know she may even cough up.

Dave Anderson

Re: Let's play a game New
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 02:05:36 pm »
hire a warthog and let the game commence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE a sound of the gods... ps.....Play it loud, louder, louder still !
The more I know the less I know I know ...