This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

Re: New to window cleaning
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 07:17:23 am »
Dan, I live in Southampton so not too far from you, you would be welcome to come out with me for a day or 2 to learn the job
I also know a very good contact in your area who is a great canvasser and could knock you up a round in no time.

colin bird

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 07:32:18 am »
Dan, I live in Southampton so not too far from you, you would be welcome to come out with me for a day or 2 to learn the job
I also know a very good contact in your area who is a great canvasser and could knock you up a round in no time.

That's a nice thing to offer a newbie mate,,not an offer to be missed i?

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 10:16:38 am »
Concerning the partnership I've known the guy for a long time and he is the straightest most honest guy I've ever met plus only spending  3 to 4k will help a lot to start up but I do understand wot you're saying as I have heard this from others as well . From wot I've read most people are saying back pack arnt great as it's lots of luging around and filling up constantly ? And if we do go with a big van mounted systems coasting us 3k that won't be until we have a pretty good round going which I guess will take a year or so an at that point we will look to have two vans one nice almost new one with the big old system in and the old first van with a trolie in . Dose this sound like a good way to go or very wrong ?  Luckily in Bournemouth it don't rain quiet as much as up north too . I've done split shifts an night shifts for the last 16 years and I would just love to have a job mon to Fri but I'm willing to do 10 hour days an even sat as well .
To fill two vans assuming an 8 weekly service will need 1,000 customers. To get 1,000 customers I'd be willing to bet you'll go through 1,500 as you will pick up lots of messers.

Dan marsh

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 04:20:37 pm »
Thanks Dave f that's basicly all I've been doing for the last month now  . Watching YouTube vids but would really like to have some hands on experience first which I'm pretty confident I'll find to be fair. I've wrighten off doing a course for now could be something I can come back to latter on if I won't to I guess.

Dan marsh

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 03:37:21 pm »
s
Sorry I've only just seen you're post . Didn't mean to be rude I'm currently waiting to here back from 2 family run window cleaners in Bournemouth at the mo but if I haven't sorted anything bye the end off next week the I will defantly take you up on that offer . Thank you very much . Much appreciated

Dan marsh

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 11:07:24 pm »
Hi Jay.  Any chance I could get on tohch with you as I would like to take you up on you're offer . That's if the offer is still open ? Thanks

Walter Mitty

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 09:11:00 am »
Don't worry about working fast initially as you'll have plenty of gaps in your round anyway.  Get a decent technique (by going out with someone for a couple of days or so) and pick up the speed as your work increases.  Not sure you need to spend £1k on a website initially.  Indeed, at first, you may not need to bother with that at all. so long as you ensure you supply good contact details.  A landline phone number, mobile number, address, and email address are helpful because that covers the various means of contact.  Website might be for later if you want to provide means of paying on the internet.  At first, I suggest that the £1k cpuld be better spent elsewhere, or even held in reserve in case needed.

tony day

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 10:17:37 am »
Hi all I'm completely new to this and was just wondering wot advice you could give me on wots the best troliy to bye ?  And are all the wfp universall . Thanks ps sorry for the spelling I'm dyslexic.
Do yourself a favour and don't bother, this trade is sh#t! chasing money, time wasters, day's off due to weather, working through the winter. Then the over technical & expense for WFP. NOT A TRADE LIKE IT!!