Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Pulling a Nathan
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »
This afternoon i decided to pull a Nathan.  Thunder storm hit in North Wales, and was probably the heaviest amount of rain i have ever seen in my local area, all the main roads were flooded in under an hour.

Still it was 24c outside maybe i should of just braved it and worked through and got absolutely soaked!  Naaa, today i will accept my defeat to the rain, but tomorrow i will be back with vengeance to catch up.

Anyone else had this problem today?

Paul, how did you get on  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

paul alan

Re: Pulling a Nathan
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:27:43 pm »
Hi josh,

I worked through the first light part then got in the van to check the rain radar when the heavans opened up in towyn!

Havnt seen owt like that for a while, just rang my last few from today and booked them back in for tomorrow after work.

Could possibly go now but will leave l think. So yeah another nathan jobbie!

Josh how are you getting on with reagrds employing?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:57:24 pm »
This afternoon i decided to pull a Nathan.  Thunder storm hit in North Wales, and was probably the heaviest amount of rain i have ever seen in my local area, all the main roads were flooded in under an hour.

Still it was 24c outside maybe i should of just braved it and worked through and got absolutely soaked!  Naaa, today i will accept my defeat to the rain, but tomorrow i will be back with vengeance to catch up.

What you should have done is go straight to your local Toby Carvery for a slap up and a pint of best while reflecting on how tradding is such bad practice, written a lecture on pricing confidently, then opened your tank lid and had a sauna in the back of the van for the rest of the day!! :-)
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 06:01:29 pm »

What you should have done is go straight to your local Toby Carvery for a slap up and a pint of best while reflecting on how tradding is such bad practice, written a lecture on pricing confidently, then opened your tank lid and had a sauna in the back of the van for the rest of the day!! :-)

;D ;D ;D

...and playing with his warm plastic balls! ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 06:20:28 pm »

;D ;D ;D

...and playing with his warm plastic balls! ;D

;D ;D  I know, imagine my disappointment when i looked on this thread 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:23:26 pm »
it forecast heavy rain showers and thunderstorms today here but no sign!all scheduled work completed as per usual. :)
price higher/work harder!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 06:48:36 pm »
Haha same really, except i was having lunch when it started then in no time it was bucketing it down.  Booked all my leftovers from today onto tomorrow will be a busy day no doubt.

I've gotten a contract written up in preperation for employing, i am doing my first set of interviews this friday.  Totally new experience to me, don't really know what i am doing, so just winging it and figuring it out as i go along.  Will just offer part time work to train somebody up and then in good time eventually send them out in a van.  Well that is the plan longterm, i'll see how it goes first, need to see how it all works out, don't want to end up with rubbish staff and that having forked out money for another van/setup, then to find my employee is on the sick all the time or never showing up or basically useless.

Going to be a whole load of fun i'm sure  ;D ;D ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 06:50:36 pm »
it forecast heavy rain showers and thunderstorms today here but no sign!all scheduled work completed as per usual. :)

Ditto, well kind off. It was forecasted bad but it never was, we had perhaps half hour of light rain. But my mrs took quite ill n mother inlaw had to stay at hers waiting for carpet fitters which didnt turn up 😠  and so a day off work looking after all little kids
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »

Ditto, well kind off. It was forecasted bad but it never was, we had perhaps half hour of light rain. But my mrs took quite ill n mother inlaw had to stay at hers waiting for carpet fitters which didnt turn up 😠  and so a day off work looking after all little kids

So basically, your day was nothing like Dazmonds  ;D ;D ;D

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 07:52:22 am »
Haha same really, except i was having lunch when it started then in no time it was bucketing it down.  Booked all my leftovers from today onto tomorrow will be a busy day no doubt.

I've gotten a contract written up in preperation for employing, i am doing my first set of interviews this friday.  Totally new experience to me, don't really know what i am doing, so just winging it and figuring it out as i go along.  Will just offer part time work to train somebody up and then in good time eventually send them out in a van.  Well that is the plan longterm, i'll see how it goes first, need to see how it all works out, don't want to end up with rubbish staff and that having forked out money for another van/setup, then to find my employee is on the sick all the time or never showing up or basically useless.

Hoping to do similar in the next few months...

Where did you get the contract from?

Best of luck with it.

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 07:56:52 am »

Hope it all goes well for you mate, keep me updated as lm considering the same route.