Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

get off my patch :)
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:41 pm »
Gets a call for a new customer. Smack in the middle of a small estate. Normally I stay clear. I do a large house 1 min drive away so quoted him very high and got it. every 8 weeks but has to be after 10am because hes ill and doesnt get up early. Not a problem

Pulls up and a women going in his house. I told her to tell him I was here. Walks up to the door and hears "he will F### you about" looks and a windy on next street up ladder. Tells him ill give him 1 chance. "hes p##### me about 3 times now" thanks for letting me know. Guy answers door and shakes my hand. This guy was very thin and all his body was shacking. Some disability. Then other windy pipes up again. " they will be dirty again once you've gone, ill make sure about that" told hi it didn't bother me. Customer asks what he said. Then windy was shouting loads of abuse at him and tells him he will make them mucky again.
I asked him if he still wanted me to clean them. all ok. Starts doing round back and this guy goes to front of house. Full arm tattoos and popeye arms..massive lol
Goes on about he did this patch and don't this street for 20 years. How long I have window cleaned. Told him no such thing as patch. Then he says, How would I like all my worked pouched. Told him hes still doing the street. I didn't pouch it, got a call for a job and doing it. Ill go any where I want.
Thought he was going to face up to me. He wouldn't stop screaming. All the street could hear him. He was half my age and twice as wide :) Still not having someone have a go at me. Anyway. He looked at me and decided not to lol.
Knocked on door for cash. told guy to report the poop to the police. He said he dint want any bother. This guy intimidated him before and told him, no one dare clean is windows ever again. Poor guy was a wreck. Hate this type of window cleaners. Quite a few round by me. Nearly always traditional, don't know why

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: get off my patch :)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:42:39 pm »
Totally wrong. He needs reporting.  Zero tolerance for a bully
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:47:48 pm »
Totally wrong. He needs reporting.  Zero tolerance for a bully

Agree , report him to the police for intimidation & threatening behaviour. it may make him think twice about doing it again

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 03:50:47 pm »
Which estate is this mate? I had a similar experience on an estate in wakefield.  Reet poohole it is.  I avoid all estates now, I don't take work on them at all. Had a few at one point but they all want you to collect cash and never have any to give you. And usually run by a gang of trad lads in trackies swearing and gobbing as they go. Leave em to it I say much rather work in pleasant surroundings.

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:58:24 pm »
Which estate is this mate? I had a similar experience on an estate in wakefield.  Reet poohole it is.  I avoid all estates now, I don't take work on them at all. Had a few at one point but they all want you to collect cash and never have any to give you. And usually run by a gang of trad lads in trackies swearing and gobbing as they go. Leave em to it I say much rather work in pleasant surroundings.
wf29qy. Not really an estate as such. Its up to customer to report him. Doesn't bother me as long as me, my van and dogs are ok.
World full of these kind of people nowadays. West Yorkshire is full of them. I think its the power stations lol. Stabbing every night by me . Worlds gone mad

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:00:28 pm »
Customer sent me a text saying I did I great job. £10 for 2 doors and windows at ground level. Ill be back :)

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »
Its absolutely crazy. Problem is though, the law wont do much about it for one reason or the other (resources, paper work n man power all being usual excuses)

Some years ago i posted some flyers in same area i had been working for 10yrs as trying to expand due to loosing some commercial work.  A team of lads stood over road n boss came over to me. Asking if im posting these flyers and his patch n undercutting not wanting to start turf wars he called it and that he had 5 lads etc etc.  I laughed at him and told him bluntly that i had been there 10 yrs n they came on scene a yr b4. I charge double what he was and said if he looses any work to me and they pay more not less. You need to speak to your team cause you aint doing something right.
Now thankfully back then I was a stocky builf n went gym. (Tho not confrontational and i learnt a long time ago that confidence not cockiness will often win) so i said send over your biggest lad if your threatning and we can sort it out now. (Whilst  quacking inside 😂)
Thankfully he didnt, apologised and said he would speak to his team   ;D  ;D
2 years later his team are no where to be seen.

Over years ive had ones come over, but as they get closer I think they realise its not worth threatning.....unless my waffle bores em to death n they walk off.

It makes me laugh // mad how ones think they can carry on that way
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »
it sounds grim where you work mate.ive had 2 phone threats in 24 years (and they were many years ago).once they seen me in the flesh they ran a mile!idiots.one was a fatty about 20 stone and 5ft 5in and the other one was about the same height but very skinny,bald and had a long beard like zz top! ;D ;D

they couldnt get in their cars fast enough!ive never had any bother since! ;D
price higher/work harder!

duncan h

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 06:11:23 pm »
it sounds grim where you work mate.ive had 2 phone threats in 24 years (and they were many years ago).once they seen me in the flesh they ran a mile!idiots.one was a fatty about 20 stone and 5ft 5in and the other one was about the same height but very skinny,bald and had a long beard like zz top! ;D ;D

they couldnt get in their cars fast enough!ive never had any bother since! ;D
Had 2 calls. Told them both the same thing. No such thing as MY PATCH. Do your customers know that they can only have you. then I tell them where to go. Bring it on. 52 now, so not quite looking for a fight, but no one will scare me off. Always ones in gangs. Never 1, 0n, 1.Soft. No balls all mouth.
They think, once they buy a round, thats it for life. I WISH

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 06:15:53 pm »
Glad we don't get this round my neck of the woods...im friendly with a lot of local windys best way to be imo  ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 06:29:50 pm »
You can tell the new series of Game of Thrones is about to start.   ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:26:00 pm »
wf29qy. Not really an estate as such. Its up to customer to report him. Doesn't bother me as long as me, my van and dogs are ok.
World full of these kind of people nowadays. West Yorkshire is full of them. I think its the power stations lol. Stabbing every night by me . Worlds gone mad

I clean a couple a few streets away from that in peacock/darnley area. Yes it's a bit rough that bit. Tend to avoid these areas though.

JandS

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 10:57:27 pm »
Peacock....nice....used to do Buttershaw in Bradford....now that was fun.....
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 11:26:18 pm »

Wakefield is beautifully compared to Bradford  :D.  But so are most places. I was a delivery driver working in Bradford for a couple of years. Quite possibly the most depressing place on earth, rat infested streets and just as much vermin in human form.

duncan h

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 04:46:46 pm »

Wakefield is beautifully compared to Bradford  :D.  But so are most places. I was a delivery driver working in Bradford for a couple of years. Quite possibly the most depressing place on earth, rat infested streets and just as much vermin in human form.
seen loads of rounds for sale in Bradford. Wont get me anywhere near it :)

Stoots

the king

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 08:23:44 pm »
we had this once , a fellow shiner even threaten to kill my daughter at the same time she was putting leaflet's out , she phone her dad and it was sorted with in minutes and there was no need to bother the police hes never been seen working around after this day lol

RPCCS

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 08:44:34 pm »
Glad we don't get this round my neck of the woods...im friendly with a lot of local windys best way to be imo  ;)
Same, I know most of the other cleaners who work in one of my areas, we are all friends and pass jobs between each other. If one gets a call to do a job on one of "my" streets, they will usually give me a ring and offer it to me first, most of the time I say just to do it themselves,I have more than enough work to keep me on my toes.  Unless Im doing a job right next door to it though. Out of all the other cleaners that work in the village, there is one gang, of about 5, all trad, two buckets between the lot of em. Usually different faces every time, so most likely doleys, they do seem to do a good job though, I have watched them  by reflection in my own customer's windows.  Don't really speak to them though, other than to say hello, or "alreet?" as we say up here.
 Another just doesn't want to know, I have tried making pleasant conversation, but get yes/no answers, so gave up.   The days of telling another window cleaner to "get off your patch" ,are long gone now.

If anyone said that to me ,I would say "what patch? where's the veg, or are you trying to give up smoking?" lol ;D
Cheers Rich

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »
we had this once , a fellow shiner even threaten to kill my daughter at the same time she was putting leaflet's out , she phone her dad and it was sorted with in minutes and there was no need to bother the police hes never been seen working around after this day lol

;D
It's a game of three halves!

Don Kee

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 08:34:37 pm »
I've made stickers that I stick on the street names of streets I clean on. That way, if another window cleaner comes onto the street, when they see the sticker they know they're on my patch and they then tend to pass me on the quotes they were on said streets to do.

All the local lads meet up every two months anyway with and A to Z, just in case we need to change any boundaries that we can all work in.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 09:07:53 am »
I have Wc's working in the same street as me.
They have all the custies that I've dumped  ;D