Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Legionella
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 11:55:42 am »
That's a twisting of words (a Toshism ) to make it sound as if the standard answer is well as long as I'm alright to hell with everybody else which is not the case.
Most people will consider the risk and then decide if that risk is high enough to start adding bleach to the water, there's certainly no evidence to suggest that what we are doing has any risk of starting an outbreak of legionnaire's if anything the fact that a large amount of people have been using wfp around the globe for many years and not a single outbreak would suggest there's nothing to worry about.
If wfp window cleaning was still in the early stages then maybe a better safe than sorry would be a better approach but at this
stage of the game its just a case of needlessly looking for something to be worried about.

Don't do it then.   I don't know how many different ways there are of saying "I'm doing it but it's up to you" but I've run out.  Don't do it.  Give it a miss.  Swerve the thing.  Leave it out. Don't bother.  I genuinely don't care what you do but I know what we're going to do.

Vin

Good for you (roll eyes) I often wonder why people start threads when they have no interest in anything but their own opinion.

Tip, next time announce to the forum what your going to do and then lock the thread.

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 12:08:32 pm »
From another thread but I think it's worthy of its own discussion:
[

If your intention is only to tell people what your going to do then comments like this will only cause confusion.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 12:21:49 pm »
Good for you (roll eyes) I often wonder why people start threads when they have no interest in anything but their own opinion.

Tip, next time announce to the forum what your going to do and then lock the thread.

I'm sorry you're so annoyed about this.  You also seem genuinely angry that I've allowed people to comment on the subject.

I am interested in other opinions, but not "it's never happened to me".  Given that someone 600ft away can breathe in a single droplet of infected water and quietly peg out there's no way of saying that's so.  52 confirmed cases this year (and plenty are misdiagnosed as pneumonia).  Any within 200 yards of where any window cleaners were working?  So do you know no window cleaner has caused a case?

Other people seem interested in the thread.  I get it, you're not one of them.  You don't have to read it.

Vin

PS. If you read what I wrote, the first post was a general discussion of the subject.  It was later I came up with a solution.  Maybe that's when I should have locked it....

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 12:34:19 pm »

I'm sorry you're so annoyed about this.  You also seem genuinely angry that I've allowed people to comment on the subject.

I am interested in other opinions, but not "it's never happened to me".  Given that someone 600ft away can breathe in a single droplet of infected water and quietly peg out there's no way of saying that's so.  52 confirmed cases this year (and plenty are misdiagnosed as pneumonia).  Any within 200 yards of where any window cleaners were working?  So do you know no window cleaner has caused a case?

Other people seem interested in the thread.  I get it, you're not one of them.  You don't have to read it.

Vin

PS. If you read what I wrote, the first post was a general discussion of the subject.  It was later I came up with a solution.  Maybe that's when I should have locked it....

Not a bit angry, just confused about the hissy fits, you ask for a discussion and then throw a wobbler because everybody doesn't
agree with your position on the subject.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 12:38:12 pm »
Someone's just emailed me to tell me you're SeanK under a new guise so I've had to change my stance.

You're absolutely correct in everything you say and I hereby concede defeat on all points unreservedly.  I apologise unconditionally for doubting anything you have said in this or any other thread and I withdraw all opposition to anything you have ever or will ever say.

Sorry for not realising sooner.

Vin

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 12:39:08 pm »

Vin

I agree, you should have locked it the minute you started to bore the tits off everyone else- usually after a single sentence!! ;) ;D

Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 12:41:31 pm »
Someone's just emailed me to tell me you're SeanK under a new guise so I've had to change my stance.

You're absolutely correct in everything you say and I hereby concede defeat on all points unreservedly.  I apologise unconditionally for doubting anything you have said in this or any other thread and I withdraw all opposition to anything you have ever or will ever say.

Sorry for not realising sooner.

Vin

Pot, black.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 07:45:50 am »
From the NHS web site.

"The two things that Legionella bacteria need to grow and reproduce are:
a water temperature of 20-45C (68-113F)

impurities in the water that the bacteria can use for food – such as rust, algae and limescale"

(It also says "Legionella bacteria is usually found (often in harmlessly low numbers) in sources of water, such as ponds, rivers and lakes. However, the bacteria can rapidly multiply if they find their way into artificial water supply systems, such as air conditioning systems.

Large buildings, such as hotels, hospitals, museums and office blocks, are more vulnerable to Legionella contamination because they have larger, more complex water supply systems in which the bacteria can quickly spread.")

So - if there are no impurities such as rust, algae or limescale in a window cleaner's pure water system = no chance of legionella whatever the temperature.

If there are impurities then the temperature must also be within the given range for long enough.

I shan't worry, but thanks for the warning - if were to run a fleet of vans and backpacks with possible careless operation standards then I might fiddle about and do something.

As a sole operator with storage tanks in a darkened shed and an insulated  van tank in a windowless van I will do nothing.

But I would drain a backpack and clean it through if it had been stood for say a couple of weeks unused.
It's a game of three halves!