Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Anderson

Electric Reels
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:33:06 pm »
In the process of refitting my van.... and have a few items I am thinking of doing.....Would love to hear your 'experiances' both good or bad of any of these items...

Electric Reel
Exceed Tubless pole conversion

Cheers
Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

tlwcs

Re: Electric Reels
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 03:56:21 pm »
Got both and thoroughly recommend them.
There is no negatives to either.
Tony

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 03:56:54 pm »
Some will say electric reel not needed and a waste of money. But thats either because they havent the space/means to add one or simply dont want to try.

As seen in my vid I made my own electric reel from advice on a thread in this forum for less than £50.
I used to take my reel out, lock the van and connect from outside ports.  You cant do this unless you mount it all on a board and lift the entire thing out. Which isnt ideal.
   So i replumbed my reel to stay in the van.  If i need to lock the van I still can. Obviously taking the hose to the furthest side so you have as much hose out as you need then lock the doors. Or fit a sensor alarm in back of van and keep the doors open!!

I like it!! It saves time and energy. Due to using a 12v battery on a 24v motor, if anyone stands on it or if you hold it tight, it simply stops!! So unlikely your gonna kill someone or seriously hurt anyone.

Even on singular jobs, its one less thing to worry about. Quickly wind the hose in and off you go........yes you can do it manually, but why when you can do it easily and without wasting energy.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 04:08:38 pm »
Before having an elctric reel I would have said not needed.

Having got one (when it's working) it makes a big difference to the days work. No more burning shoulders and dripping in sweat whilst cranking like hell

Dave Anderson

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 04:48:54 pm »
Nathan as I am a real doofus with maths.... could you tell me how many(ish) of those playballs you put into your 500litre upright? and are those the 6 or 8 cm balls.....: cheers Dave.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 05:52:44 pm »
Nathan as I am a real doofus with maths.... could you tell me how many(ish) of those playballs you put into your 500litre upright? and are those the 6 or 8 cm balls.....: cheers Dave.

Hiya, they are soft play balls for kids playpits. They come in bags of hundreds from argos (thats where i bought mine from anyway), quite cheap.  I got 2 bags so 200 balls in mine and i just punctured some holes in with a soldering iron. Job done.
Hooe that helps
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 06:22:01 pm »

Having got one (when it's working) it makes a big difference to the days work. No more burning shoulders and dripping in sweat whilst cranking like hell
if your shoulders are burning and your sweating reeling a hose reel in i would get in the gym mate ;D :)

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 08:07:16 pm »

if your shoulders are burning and your sweating reeling a hose reel in i would get in the gym mate ;D :)

I reel in fast  ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 08:39:39 pm »

I reel in fast  ;)
;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 08:43:44 pm »
i love my remote electric reel  ;)

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 12:49:11 am »
Depends on how mush reeling in you are doing, a few times over the working day then probably more trouble than worth
if reeling in constantly over the day then it may be worth trying, power reels are like hot water on here the ones that use them
don't really have a sensible answer on why they decided to use them.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 01:02:39 am »
Depends on how mush reeling in you are doing, a few times over the working day then probably more trouble than worth
if reeling in constantly over the day then it may be worth trying, power reels are like hot water on here the ones that use them

Why stick a motor on a drill or on four wheels?  Why stick a motor on a bike??
Simply because it makes life easier!!  To me thats a sensible answer and for what? Maybe an hours (or less) worth of DIY.
Seems like a sensible reason to me.

Its like saying why use a carbon pole over an hybrid or a fibreglass pole?? You can get the same job done with either but again which is easier//quicker!

Really, i dont understand some people sometimes
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 06:54:45 am »
Exactly. Because it's less strain on the body. Just like a lighter and stiffer pole is . It all adds up over the day. The easier your day is the better. Cost isn't really an issue as it's been shown they can be made for under 50 squid. Can't see any reason not to have one tbh.

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 09:13:48 am »

Simply because it makes life easier!!  To me thats a sensible answer and for what? Maybe an hours (or less) worth of DIY.

Its like saying why use a carbon pole over an hybrid or a fibreglass pole?? You can get the same job done with either but again which is easier//quicker!

Its not a sensible answer far from it, if your only cleaning one house a day then it wouldn't really matter what pole your
using, if you only walking a few hundred yards a day then powered transport isn't going to make much of a difference, everything
we use has to earn its keep either by making you more money or making your life genuinely easier, for some on here its just about having the latest fad or gadget.

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 11:05:31 am »
My reel is powered , but not by off the shelf , or even DIY copy , i just use an 18 volt black and decker drill that goes straight onto the handle bolt of a clover leaf reel , as i use 100m of Gardiner green it has no problem pulling in 100m in less than a minute !

And why , because i dont like winding in myself ,
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 11:55:11 am »
I still can't believe people argue the fact that electric reels are not needed lol. Are these people the same people who don't own a dishwasher, electric mower, and so on? It makes the job easier and that's a fact. Its pressing a button ffs lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 12:00:14 pm »

Its not a sensible answer far from it, if your only cleaning one house a day then it wouldn't really matter what pole your
using, if you only walking a few hundred yards a day then powered transport isn't going to make much of a difference, everything
we use has to earn its keep either by making you more money or making your life genuinely easier, for some on here its just about having the latest fad or gadget.

So curious, how many people on here clean just one house a day. Or if you are cleaning one house a day, im taking it that you must be using close to the 100m of hose. Yep i like the easy life because manual or electric wind in............ild pick electric every time.  Infact ive got some houses where im trying to break into new areas and have just one house at a time. If it wasnt for the electric reel i might have dropped em by now, due to faff of winding all the hose in for one house.

As far as a pole is concerned, in my opinion I would still ensure i had the best pole for it. Especially if ive tried better. For instance someone using a fibre glass pole all the time. Once they try a carbon, they will see the difference and want the carbon over the fibreglass!!  The only thing that might stop them is not wanting to spend money.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 01:09:15 pm »

So curious, how many people on here clean just one house a day. Or if you are cleaning one house a day, im taking it that you must be using close to the 100m of hose. Yep i like the easy life because manual or electric wind in............ild pick electric every time.  Infact ive got some houses where im trying to break into new areas and have just one house at a time. If it wasnt for the electric reel i might have dropped em by now, due to faff of winding all the hose in for one house.

As far as a pole is concerned, in my opinion I would still ensure i had the best pole for it. Especially if ive tried better. For instance someone using a fibre glass pole all the time. Once they try a carbon, they will see the difference and want the carbon over the fibreglass!!  The only thing that might stop them is not wanting to spend money.

The one house is only an example, for instance I used to have a lot of compact semis that required a van move for nearly every
house if I was still doing them then a power reel would be top of my list, now I reel in three times a day tops so a power reel isn't
going to make my working day much easier.

P @ F

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 01:26:22 pm »
I have just had a look at my work over the last 2 weeks, i should not need electric , but its EASY not  LAZY !

These are the wind ins for those10 days       4 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 4
                                                                                               4 - 2 - 7 - 4 - 4   

Tony dunmall

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 05:25:44 pm »
[/quote

I could afford one so thought I'd try it out to see if there any help with the general wear and tear that comes from day to day poling,
I feel it Makes my life easier, saves energy with my style of houses in my rounds

Not for everyone though but for me worth the cost

jo5hm4n

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 09:11:22 pm »
I for one don't use electric reels and it does my tats in reeling in all day long, it does feel like wasted energy, especially on a hot day too.  I need to sort myself out and get some electric reels before the years out.

the king

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »
i swiched to a electric real best thing i ever did  i love it and would never go back to a winder again well worth £500 or what ever it was i have the power up H.D just keep the chain greased and it will last ;)

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 05:51:35 pm »
I still can't believe people argue the fact that electric reels are not needed lol. Are these people the same people who don't own a dishwasher, electric mower, and so on? It makes the job easier and that's a fact. Its pressing a button ffs lol.

ive seen your physique!no thanks! ;D

price higher/work harder!

Den68

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 09:26:34 pm »
I have just ordered th power up hd reel can't wait , hopefully help with my dicky shoulder.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 08:07:26 am »

ive seen your physique!no thanks! ;D

Haha nice one :D

Dave Anderson

Re: Electric Reels New
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:50 pm »
Anyone actually know how many amps they are drawing per day using their electric reels?, alternately how are you powering the reel... same battery as the pump/controller or a seperate battery dedicated to the reel?

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 08:41:28 pm »
I think its hard to tell unless its on the specs of the motor like they do with pumps , im sure that to find out you need to get pos and neg readings from the armature of the motor , being as its inside the motor body its hard to do ........ i could be wrong of course  ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 09:05:21 pm »
Anyone actually know how many amps they are drawing per day using their electric reels?, alternately how are you powerng the reel... same battery as the pump/controller or a seperate battery dedicated to the reel?

Same battery as the pump (110amp) but now charge it every day instead of every other

JandS

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 10:22:52 pm »
I can go all day and not reel in just move van maybe 100 m and carry reel to van.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

matthewprice

Re: Electric Reel
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 10:33:20 pm »
Got the powerup hd reel would not be without it now .worth every penny .by observing my controller I am using about .2 v.extra daily. Only fault I have had with this reel is both the push switches have failed . luckily I had a spare one and have had to make a temporary fix ,till I order a new one .had reel for 6months .

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 10:45:59 pm »
I use a cheap small 12 v batterie.
Mostly because i bought a couple for my lads motorized vehicle and didnt need the 2nd.
Im prob charging it about once a week, but then all i do is stick my solar panel on it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk