Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy L.W.C.S.

Static Caravan carpet / upholstery cleaning
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:06:58 am »
HELP & ADVICE NEEDED.
Keep getting asked if I do carpet/upholstery cleaning and feel I'm missing out on work, if I was to branch out into this what would be a good machine to use/purchase.
Problems being the small space in static/mobile homes (NOT TOURING VANS) you have, some furniture is fixed and only leaving small spaces to work in, I've looked at Bissel big green machine and also a Bissel pro heat machine both of these are easy to use and between them should be capable of doing the job ?
What machine would you recommend as I've only got budget of £1000.00 just in case things don't work out!!
i luv my work, every day is a new dollar. Lol

David Deer

Re: Static Caravan carpet / upholstery cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:49:26 am »
Any decent machine will do as you can leave it outside and use an upholstery tool on a 30' hose.
The pro heat will be next to useless in a few weeks. It doesn't have the suction and the motor  tends to burn out quickly.
The green machine is a glorified rug doctor. If you are aiming at using machines like that I would also suggest the vax vcw 06
as it it handy for small jobs and very lightweight.
If you are going to do a lot of these jobs it's worth investing in high quality durable equipment.
This package on fleabay will suffice and gives you scope to expand into home and commercial cleaning.

dustee

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:45:27 pm »
A Karcher Puzzi is within your budget  & better than the two machines you mentioned ( just ) 

john martin

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »
as mentioned above ... any extractor placed outside with some hose running in  . or get a small 6gallon machine like the Altec express / airflex mini they should fit inside the caravan  .   But if it has to be really small  , i would get a ' spotter extreme ' from alltec ( its not on the website  )   the three gallon spotter machine but with a three stage motor and 100psi and 1000w heater built in .
Should be good for the upholstery and able to handle small carpets .

Richard Tara

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:26:11 pm »
Hi Andy

Have a look on Equip2clean  website. I use 3 machines on the static  caravan cleaning.

Ashbys Enforcer / Alltec Express & the Aquarius pro valet which is like the puzzi.

Few of the guys here use the bigger machines listed on the Equip2Clean site £700+ 

You can call me if you like

www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk