Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Chewing Gum Removal
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:25:27 pm »
Looking for a bit of advise guys.

Got a commercial carpet job and there is loads of chewing gum. I run a truck mount with capability of 250 degrees farenhiet. In most cases it blasts away some of it with use of citrus gel but can be very time consuming.

Any advise as to any better and more time efficienct way of removing it?

Mike Gwilliam

Re: Chewing Gum Removal
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:30:08 pm »
I would think a steam gun with the citrus gell would be quicker with the more localised heat which is what I'v used in the past.

Other than that, it's hard work whichever way you look at it.

I once went to a school that had perhaps 300 to 400 blobs of chewey in the corridors. I couldn't see myself doing that so overpriced it accordingly  ;D

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:22:30 pm »
We use oj from hm seems to work better than Citrus gel also I have found a wife that is better at removing chewing gum has more patience.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 09:52:34 pm »
Why not specifically put in one price for cleaning the carpets and an additional charge for the cleaning of the gum?

That way you draw attention to the problem and the time consuming nature of removing it. Then if the potential client is getting quotes it firstly explains your pricing and the potentiL client has the option of going for  just a cleaning or the bells and whistles approach of cleaning and chewing gum removal.

Secondly the potential client can then ensure whatever quotes he gets can at least be compared on a like for like basis.

Your competitors will either quote an all price which may look expensive in comparison or if their quotes are cheap(er) then the client can start asking awkward questions of the potential competitor..

Either way you either get an easier job or alternatively you get the job and a proper price because the client has made an informed choice of cleaner rather than simply going for the cheapest , unquantifiable price

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

mr muzzy

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 12:15:27 am »
we use a steamer citrus gel and find that really good

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 12:07:46 pm »
I bought one of these from Restormate and tried it with some citrus gel on a job last week...

Absolutely fantastic results and very, very quick!!!!!

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=44060443