Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

New fan jets
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:11:46 am »
Got these today from Varitech £5 each , i am getting on well with them so far , if i turn the pressure down i get pencil jets , so they are quite versatile .
The water saving is considerable too ,  old jets  - 1.3  lpm
                                                            new fans - 1.0  lpm
As you can see from the photo they are quite powerfull

Rich P @ F

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

Re: New fan jets
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:13:38 am »
Couple more , showing the ability to have pencil jets

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:09:39 am »
nice still capture of the spray water p@f, are they spray jets low pressured one, whats your psi again is it 60 or 100 psi,

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:27:54 am »
I have changed my jets and they work much better and use a lot less water. So much so that I think it was stupid fitting the original jets in the first place.
Because I was new to it all I struggled as a result of those jets in the early days

I still think there is more to be done on this subject. I don't see that it would be too difficult for someone to produce a whole range of different jet sizes so we could experiment even more.

What do you think?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 09:36:31 am »
Ive been using these jets for a couple of months now there much better, I get a better coverage on the glass when rinsing too and being high pressure jets I reduced the flow rate from 1.75 lpm to 1.25 lpm so double bonus really
I had to buy a new brush recently aswell and before I would have just bought a jetted one but instead bought a std one and put my fan jets from the old brush in saved me a few quid too

bobby

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:05:36 am »
hi rich can you buy these online cannot locate the web page ?
cheers

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 01:12:37 pm »
Varitech phone number 01752 263399

They haven't got a website.

I know Rich was off line when posted so i thought i would answer.

Craig

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 03:30:26 pm »
AND AS USUAL , CRAIG BEING THE BELL END THAT HE IS HAS PUT THE FAX NUMBER NOT THE PHONE NUMBER !
SO UNLESS YOU SPEAK FLUENT FAX , YOU SHOULD CALL 01752 263333.   ;D

And in response to the Q's , im not sure if they are high or low pressure , i am running a 60 psi flojet with 75m of micro bore , i have no varistream just an adjustable return to tank valve .

Rich   P @ F

bluesteve

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 05:36:08 pm »
cheers for showing the pics, do you have to cut away any of the bristles on the standard brush to prevent it becoming contaminated when rinsing,
 cheers steve
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 08:19:07 pm »
Nothing has been cut away , its just a standard brush , if you use a different brush then i suppose you would have to trim to suit .

Rich  P @ F

craig jwc

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 09:11:44 pm »
AND AS USUAL , CRAIG BEING THE BELL END THAT HE IS HAS PUT THE FAX NUMBER NOT THE PHONE NUMBER !
SO UNLESS YOU SPEAK FLUENT FAX , YOU SHOULD CALL 01752 263333.   ;D

Rich   P @ F

I didn't spot that  ;D ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 10:48:59 pm »
Rich did you put these in a new brush or did you take your old jets out first.
If it's the latter how easy is it to remove the old jets.

Paul

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 07:42:46 am »
Mine were just a push fit in. Same method as the pipe connectors on my Ro-man unit.

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 09:49:46 am »
Paul , i did buy a new brush , but only cos i needed one ,
As far as i am aware they are the same size as the jets that came out , if you need the sizes let me know

Rich   P @ F

billozz

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
rich,
sorry to hijack your thread, but  i notice that you have the same poles as us. do you get a problem where the two sections are joined. we seem to have a problem with the brush turning round when you are washing from the side, as opposed to up and down, the pole turns as if the joint isnt tight enough, but when you tighten it you struggle to extend the pole because its too tight, its as if the tope section of the pole is wearing down, we've only hasd ours for mabout 4 months.
did you buy them from gardiner.
sorry again for hijacking
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 09:24:55 pm »
BILLOZ , Dont worry about hijacking my thread , i do it all the time !
My poles have just started doing exactly what you are experiencing  , i have had mine for 2 years though .

Rich  P @ F

billozz

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 10:17:34 pm »
rich,
yes rich to be honest if they were doing it after 2 years i wouldnt be too bothered but 3-4 months doesnt seem right

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 10:21:46 pm »
Billoz

mine started doing this a few months after i got mine from gardiners but now there 6mths old there now coming good I open the clamp and they slide shut quick as lightning have to mind my fingers really

Chris

billozz

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 10:33:36 pm »
chris, the problem seems to be that the pole is wearing at the joint, which means that the part with the brush on slips round, if we tighten them so this doesnt happen then they are too tight to extend the pole without dislocating your shoulder. if this was the same for you then can we expect it to get better after a few more months. i cant quite see how but if thats what happened with you then hopefully it will be the same for us
Bill

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 10:54:17 pm »
Its not just the pole that wears , its the collar on the clamp too .

Rich P @ F 

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 11:06:50 pm »
I cant think what you mean, is it that the poles section slips round when the section is extended or when its closed, I thought you meant the sections were tight to extend after the clamp had been released
I must admit that I dont often use the smallest pole section I extend using no2 section at the top I find this more controlable

Chris

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 08:57:33 am »
Im the same as Chris , my no 1 section rareley gets used in the same position , it would make sense that if you chop and change the length of each extension on a regular basis the pole will wear at an even rate all over , not just at one point .

Rich   P @ F