This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

good weather tight customers ! New
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:28:39 pm »
Had 2 people ask me to leave it this month today , because of the good weather the windows are not that dirty excuse , i told 1 that it would be a double charge next time as they will be twice as dirty , she soon changed her mind , the other one said were gonna leave it this time mate , i cant wait to leave them out next month , and when they ask me to do theirs im gonna say
"SORRY IM GONNA LEAVE IT THIS TIME BUD "

rICH   p @ f
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

macc

Re: good weather tight customers ! New
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:36:04 pm »
Hi Rich. I no what you mean. I think some of them think we do this for fun or something to do. They forget we have a family to feed & bills to pay.

Macc

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:46:35 pm »
Hi Macc , although i have posted my complaint on here , i really dont care a bit about the losses , it always seems to be the jobs you dont like or the ones that you underpriced anyway .
I dont think i have ever lost more in a week than i have picked up anyway !

Rich   P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:48:05 pm »
Hi Rich. I no what you mean. I think some of them think we do this for fun or something to do. They forget we have a family to feed & bills to pay.
Macc

I had a customer leave a message on my home phone last month asking if i could leave the windows this time. This was at 2:30 pm on the day of her clean. (She didn't answer when i went to clean. I should have cleaned them anyway.)
What does she think i do when i'm not cleaning her house??
She has my mobile number.
I missed her out this month. Give 'em enough rope and all that...

macc

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:03:36 am »
Hi Rich. Dont no how you find it but if i loose one most of the time its replaced the same day. ;D

Macc

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 12:04:18 am »
The customer is not the enemy.

We have quiet a few 'not this month' customers.

They get done last if at all.

By and large, the same customers never complain if their windows are not done for months on end. As for the fact that their windows are extra dirty, personally, I've never found that a problem as they are the people we call on when we have spare time and would not be earning otherwise.

Every cloud has a silver linning or so the theory goes.

Cheers

macc

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 12:07:34 am »
Hi Mark. 2.30 on the day & then wont answer the door, that is taking the P.  ::)

Then they wonder why they loose a reliable wc.

Macc

macc

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 12:12:39 am »
The customer is not the enemy.

We have quiet a few 'not this month' customers.

They get done last if at all.

By and large, the same customers never complain if their windows are not done for months on end. As for the fact that their windows are extra dirty, personally, I've never found that a problem as they are the people we call on when we have spare time and would not be earning otherwise.

Every cloud has a silver linning or so the theory goes.

Cheers

One way of looking at it. But times money & it does cost just to turn up.

If they no they can do it once it will happen again so i drop em.  :o

Macc

JM123

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 12:22:51 am »
Make sure all your customers are aware of a surcharge for missing a month, I do this and it works, the downside is if I miss them a month through my own fault I charge half, i charge 50%extra for a missed month if they cancel that month
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 04:24:13 pm »
I had 4 old peoples bungalows to clean a couple of months ago.

They all talk to eachother and told me last time i was round to leave them this time as the windows weren't dirty.

I couldn't be bothered arguing with them so just got back in the van and left.

I have left them now for 2 months and today after i had finished today my mobile went and it was one of these old ladies asking me when was i coming round to do there windows as i hadn't been round.

I told them that because they had told me they didn't want their windows cleaned the last time i was round, i had taken on more work to replace the people who kept telling me not this month thank you as i am running a business and offer a PROFESSIONAL and RELIABLE service.

I told her that i will try and fit them back in when i can, but if they were not happy about it then i could pass their details onto another w/c.

She insisted that they want me to clean their window no one else.(Nice to wanted ;D ;D)

Thats how i left it.

Craig

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 05:02:22 pm »
If i get not this month i drop them no questions asked.

But have also ended up taking a couple of them back on and now there as good as gold.
Once they know that you won't be mucked about.

Paul

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 06:36:16 pm »
I have printed on my 'Your window cleaners have been' chits my terms and conditions, which state that we clean your windows EVERY month, unless you have arranged other terms and conditions with us.

If any of my customers give me the 'not this month, mate' routine, I drop them.

A few days ago I was asked to re-start cleaning an account I dropped about a year ago for said reasons.

She shouted a nice, 'Yoo Hoo', and approached me with a big smile before asking.  She never smiled when I used to collect.

It was great explaining to her why I wasn't going to take her on and telling her, 'No'. 

She 'stropped off' in the huff.

Wor Lass said I was a 'bad man'.

I love these little victories! ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 11:03:51 am »
I think there is something wrong with me as I enjoy sacking customers almost as much as picking up new ones ;D.
  Off the top of my head  i can think of 4 that I leave en envelope with and then end up texting 2 weeks later; one of which is an accountant; thought they took an oth to be honest and pay all outstanding debts.
  I have starting turning tables request 2-3 payments in advance if they um and ur I don't come back; otherwise as 1 month b4  credit runs out i request 2-3 payments and so on.
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

LSB

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 01:12:18 pm »
We get some customers who say " not this month " , i dont drop them for that , i do keep an eye on those who say it  , and if it becomes a regular occurance i just switch them to every other month without saying anything to them . I also agree that it is normally  the awkward customers who continually try to changed my whole round to suit them , as if i do nothing else for the rest of the month. Most of the customers that i have dropped over the years have eventually come back , and for that privelage i charge them just a little extra !