Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Cleaning a tennis court
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:44:42 pm »
I have been asked to clean a full size tennis tarmac  court...i have no fsc though...would it be possible to use just a turbo nozzle on it?

I have priced the job well for 2 days work?

Smurf

Re: Cleaning a tennis court
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:46:34 am »
If it's covered in moss/debris  then best to power brush it first before jet washing. You maybe able to hire a decent power brush if you are lucky. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQDFohzVb0

Price the job accordingly as not only will it need power brushing then jet washed but also will need treating with a biocide afterwards.

Also to answer you question best you don't use a turbo on tarmac

Bang goes your pricing springs to mind.

simonr

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 10:33:04 pm »
ive done 1 with a turbo nozzle, i did a test patch and owner was happy with it so i went ahead  took me a long time lol but got to buy a fsc out of it and treating it with biocide once a year  now , i'd hire a fsc if you can or borrow one

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:54:27 am »
ive done 1 with a turbo nozzle, i did a test patch and owner was happy with it so i went ahead  took me a long time lol but got to buy a fsc out of it and treating it with biocide once a year  now , i'd hire a fsc if you can or borrow one
I have managed to borrow a fsc...how long did it take with the turbo?

simonr

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 08:30:37 am »
with cleaning up after id say about 16 hrs but i left my gear on site and did it after work so not sure for deff

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:30 pm »
with cleaning up after id say about 16 hrs but i left my gear on site and did it after work so not sure for deff
Cheers Simon.. I'm glad I've got a fsc sorted it as I'm dreading doing it ;D...the court didn't seem too bad for moss....the customer said the last bloke did it with a wire brush and it took a week  ;D...im hoping to get it done in  2 days as that's what I priced it at.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:21:23 pm »
I'm surprised they did not get the last guy back to do it.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 07:49:02 am »
Would be so easy to get this one wrong. Might take a week with a turbo nozzle

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 10:27:55 am »
I hope not...ive got a fsc so I'm hoping that helps.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 10:27:40 pm »
You can hire a kersten power sweeper for about 120 a day. If interested just google kersten hire.

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 11:07:49 pm »
I hope not...ive got a fsc so I'm hoping that helps.
Unless you get a blocked jet on the fsc or the trigger fails and the QR coupling jams....lol

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 11:17:58 pm »
I've had all three happen to me more than once plus snapped off the end of a rotary bar too...bloody gravel. lol

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 07:02:59 am »
You can hire a kersten power sweeper for about 120 a day. If interested just google kersten hire.
There's not much moss on it at all so it would be a waste of money

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 12:37:54 am »
Don't forget I've seen the pics of the tennis court in question and I would defo power brush that first preferably when the surface/moss is bone dry.

See how you get on and especially  the clean up afterwards as you may find it a pig. Then tell me if it would have been a waste of money irrespective on how much you priced the job at. Just saying dry moss and crap on the surface is a lot easer to  remove and clean up than a lot of wet sludge.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 06:53:31 am »
Don't forget I've seen the pics of the tennis court in question and I would defo power brush that first preferably when the surface/moss is bone dry.

See how you get on and especially  the clean up afterwards as you may find it a pig. Then tell me if it would have been a waste of money irrespective on how much you priced the job at. Just saying dry moss and crap on the surface is a lot easer to  remove and clean up than a lot of wet sludge.

So how have you seen a pic of the tennis court when I didn't even take a photo of it!! ??? ;D

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 06:10:24 pm »
You are now entering the twilight zone!
Que the theme tune.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 09:57:41 pm »
Flat surface cleaner will do you fine - take plenty of bags and a wheel barrow!!

This was a pair and took 2 full days - I removed something like 30 full wheelbarrow loads of moss - tennis court and surround is bigger than you think !!

Personally I'd never use a turbo nozzle because of the damage it can do

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 10:48:12 pm »
Flat surface cleaner will do you fine - take plenty of bags and a wheel barrow!!

This was a pair and took 2 full days - I removed something like 30 full wheelbarrow loads of moss - tennis court and surround is bigger than you think !!

Darran
Cheers Smudger

The one I'm doing isn't anywhere near as bad as the one in the photo so I'm glad the fsc will do the job..

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 11:50:09 pm »

So how have you seen a pic of the tennis court when I didn't even take a photo of it!! ??? ;D

Seen it on bookfarce? Hmmmm...I'm sure I did says the little chap sat on my shoulder whispering in me ear. lol

SB Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 09:11:05 am »

Seen it on bookfarce? Hmmmm...I'm sure I did says the little chap sat on my shoulder whispering in me ear. lol
No not me Smurf ;D

Smudger

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 10:27:04 am »
papa smurf is getting confused in his old age  ;D

sorry the pictures are on their side !
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 09:34:53 pm »
papa smurf is getting confused in his old age  ;D

sorry the pictures are on their side !

Indeed. lol

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »

Darran

I remember you posting that job smudger asking for advice. I also gave you the same advice to power brush the courts first but that feel on deaf ears too. lol

SB Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 07:06:39 pm »

Darran

I remember you posting that job smudger asking for advice. I also gave you the same advice to power brush the courts first but that feel on deaf ears too. lol
What's the point in spending all that money hiring  a power brush when the job came up fine with a fsc ???

I'm sticking with a fsc  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 08:07:00 pm »
Maybe to make the job easier smudger?
Anyway as far as cost is concerned if you need to hire one just include it within the price of the job surely?

Plankton

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 08:17:44 pm »
10 wheelbarrows of heavy sludge or 10 wheelbarrows with the contents as light as a feather. That would be one difference.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »
10 wheelbarrows of heavy sludge or 10 wheelbarrows with the contents as light as a feather. That would be one difference.

wet moss - so quite heavy

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »
30 barrows of slugs blasted across 2 courts  takes a lot more time than power brushing dry first surely?