This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Background:

I received a phone call from some oldish sounding guy wanting a window cleaner, as he hadn't seen his in months.  Apparantly this AWOL window cleaner used to clean five or six of the houses in this street.

He also asked if I used one of those 'pole' things.

I said, 'yes I do', and he just didn't want to know.

Anyway, I already do a lot of accounts in this area, so I passed this old guy Squeeky's telephone number and went and canvassed the street and I picked up six new customers.

Today I cleaned them all, and I knocked on his door asking him if he still wants a window cleaner (I knew Squeeky didn't want the account) and I offered to clean two windows for him free of charge and if he thought they were upto standard, he could take me on.

He agreed.

I cleaned two upstairs windows, I was sweating like a pig and the sun was beating down on me.

I returned when they'd dried and they did look gleaming; APART FROM THE BIG WADGE OF BIRD POO I'D MISSED. 

Anyway, after some waffling from me; and a lot of laughing from him, he took me on and while cleaning his house, the new clean from over the road actually phoned him and said she was extremely pleased with the job we did on her house (it's one of those places where they're all pensioners and friendly with each other; tight knit).

But I did feel a bit of a tit!

Trevor Knight

Fair play Tosh,

2 windows and Sold!!

I will try that as people who have said "oh, don't like that system" I have walked away from.

Cheers mate, nice one

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Tosh,

I tried to impress my wife by cleaning our windows!!!!

"See, love" I said "It dries of perfect"

"So what about that bird poo!" was the reply"Smack in the middle of the front room Bay?!"

As my motto says:

"Not perfect - but Honest!"

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

I allways look at every window quickly if it has bird muck wet it down and go back.As bird poo contains lots of acid it will disintergrate quickly if damped down first.Will work every time instead of spending 10mins scrubbing.