This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Bio Washing Powder. The cat is out the bag
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:08 pm »
Today i used it for first time and thought i'ld try on a fascia, gutter n soffit clean.
Yep it works well.......but......the drive was a printed concrete drive and the property had lovely black painted iron gates. Once i had finished applying to the front i went to the joining neighbours to clean theirs. Thankfully they wasnt bad and so just used hot water from my tank and they came up lovely. Went back to rinse the soap off and the drive was covered with white dried soap residue along with the gate and the bins. They had no outside tap so i couldnt blast with water to rinse other than use my cloths n wfp. It took me forever to do....the gutters etc looked lovely but it added a whole lot of time to the job.
The rear of the property i stuck to ubik and hot water and it took no time to clean.

I think i will use it on conny roofs as all the soap n rinse will go down the gutters etc but dont think its a good idea on fascias etc

Exactly it takes far longer to get rid of the white chalky look on paths  walls etc and windows I don’t think it’s a suitable product for this type of work yes it works but makes such a mess everywhere time taken to do the job is greatly increased , when it’s wet looks fine go back a couple of hours later and looks a right mess if you arnt careful especially if there are pools of water on the path when dry looks like watered down emulsion paint

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:48 pm »
That's a NO then!
Comfortably Numb!

Marc Stock

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 01:16:20 pm »
It has to be BIOLOGICAL POWDER. For it to work.

If you are getting white stains everywhere your using too much!

You need to fill up your bucket with water and a small dose if bio powder. Agetate the brush in the bucket with the water dont put the powder directly on the brush, it won't work. You need the enzymes to be floating in the water and then put the water on the brush that way. If you just powder the brush all you are doing is chucking powder everywhere.

Now of course it wont remove non biological stains, chemcial stains will not come off. You need to use bleach or somethingnlike that.

But for the price of  a quid, you can get good results. Trust me it does work. But you have to take each job on its own merits.

dazmond

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 07:04:30 pm »
i think ill stick with virosol and CIF for plastic cleans......never needed to use anything else for dirty add on jobs....
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2018, 07:15:34 pm »
I have a fascia, soffit and gutter clean, plus cladding next week; a day's work.
I think i'll stick with No Nonsense Degreaser and Cif.
Might try the bio powder, just for the hell of it.
Thanks for everyones input.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"