This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Hector*

Re: Been given month sick note, how do you claim ?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »
Would you like me to take you off my buddy list??  :-* :-*
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

CF Facilities

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 02:46:24 pm »
This is a nightmare
It used to be called ESA employer support allowance.
I had an op about 5 years ago and had to claim.  You have to claim on the phone and it took about two hours. My books had to be up to date with earnings and expenses  ::)roll they take everything into account then they awarded me 70 pounds per week! You cannot backdate claim starts with first phone call.  As soon as you do one job back payment stops.
Waste of time in my opinion.
Since then I have had three operations. (I am recovering from latest at the moment probably another three weeks till able to start back again) and I have not bothered claiming.  I have just had to rely on savings.

By all means do not take my word for it because the system may have changed.

All the best.

Colin

windowswashed

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 03:51:07 pm »
I was off once for over a year owing to a severe illness and relied on my savings. With hindsight I should have folded the business up and gone on the dole as I would have been better off

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 04:57:10 pm »
Youre knackered if you are self employed.

You should have saving or taken out an insurance policy to cover these things.

I have neither either, but not been self employed all that long, its certainly something to think about

As an aside, what would happen if you were a LTD company and on paye? could you claim ssp? and who pays it the goverment or your employer (yourself lol) ?

colin bird

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 06:53:20 am »
Wasn't there a message in the bottle?
classic !

Don Simon

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 07:03:44 am »
Would you like me to take you off my buddy list??  :-* :-*
What is a buddy list, think we should take it slow before we become buddies ?
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

*Hector*

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 07:12:18 am »
The buddy list allows me to follow everything you post, so I can comment on it straight away if I am on my computer..

fun innit??

Don Simon

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 07:32:59 am »
The buddy list allows me to follow everything you post, so I can comment on it straight away if I am on my computer..

fun innit??
So basically you can be my stalker ?     Never been stalked before apart from an old girlfriend who had a few issues.
So yes go ahead be my buddy
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Don Simon

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 07:35:54 am »
just getting used to Facebook you wanna invite ?

*Hector*

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 07:51:59 am »
No... can annoy you lots on here....

I don't do farcebook.

Don Simon

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 08:57:03 am »
No... can annoy you lots on here....

I don't do farcebook.
I used to feel same but its been a lifesaver for me.    I have it on private settings so only friends and family can see.
Most of my family are alcohol dependent or fitness freaks. so it is a good way of getting rid of my frustration making sarcastic remarks.
We will have to meet up Hector and have an orange juice I am not really that mad just up and down ( Bi polar ) so it can be fun when I am on an up.     Thats why I got upset with you the other day My friend was so similar so it touched a nerve,
Anyway that is forgotten about and I am glad we are mutual aquaintences now.

Don Simon

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 09:01:03 am »
Well my poor wife ( she lives with me ) had to fill in the forms and it was just under 70 pages, and when she was at CAB crying her Out.     but ThE PoSiTIvE THING IS THEY WERE REALLY SYMPATHETIC AND TOLD HER WHAT TO DO FOR CLAIMING.
If this post is getting annoying please just ignore me and dont post nasty stuff please cos I is a bit delicate at moment innit !

kaz and pete

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 10:07:16 pm »
If you have paid your national insurance you can claim £73.10 a week on sick pay you claim on national insurance contributions hope this helps

Marc Stock

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 11:01:33 pm »
Dont worry tony.

I know how you feel mate, i really do.

Don Simon

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2017, 04:27:43 am »
I really hate doing nothing doing my head in, its ok for a week or so but then the jobs start coming in and I wanna start earning some powder !       Wife has done all the form filling and the people on the phone have been brilliant so not as scary as I first thought.