This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: immersion heater update
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 01:06:11 pm »
Sorry i didnt answer how many more im doing in a day..........are you ready for this........ ;D   NONE!!!   Im just finishing earlier apart from today lol. Its taken 40mins to do 2 houses. Why......cause i can because im taking it really slow today n enjoying the sun and spending a little time wasting on here as well.   A lazy day at work
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 03:56:50 pm »
Done it myself today...one large bungalow left to do for an old dear today at 2.00pm....ended up sat on patio till 2.30pm chatting with coffee and biccies......the oldies are the besties.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 06:16:59 pm »
In reference to cost, ill post my tarrif when i get back home if can be arsed to do so.
But harping on about costs in summer im trying to say is it that much in reality to put people of in summer using hot on slug trails or spider poop or tree sap for instance. Its not really is it. Thats the point im trying to make.  So im harping on about cost to counteract ones who moan that its the extra cost that puts them off, when in reality if they take this into account when pricing jobs etc then it shouldnt be an issue.

Yep my work is easy but now its a doddle. Ive said this alot on many threads. Its not that i woke up and said my work is hard one day, BUT why not make it easier for yourself. Im fit and soon 40yrs young 😂 but why not make the working life as easy as possible.  Im like the seven dwalves going to work whistling a merry tune. Theres very little i can do now to make it easier other than employ but why, when it is soooooo easy. Or should i say, MY work how I operate and organise MY work and the houses I clean. I have made small changes that have a great impact at making it easier to do.
Perhaps i should break a sweat and burn some of those breakfast calories off, but why should i???
My work is that easy, next week i should be done by tuesday for the month. But im finishing early taking my oldest daughter to flicks on monday. Why, because i can. I'll finish Wednesdays instead.............oh but it might rain???  Who cares,,,,,,work in it!!! Ive made my work easy and comfortable so i dont waste time off due to a rainy day or a week like i used to in the past. After 15yrs and most on trad, this is the easiest its ever been and im loving it.

Faff with hot water.....are you mad??!  Takes a couple of hrs to strip van and fit the immersion. Job done.......then each night when you top water up, stick extension in and turn on whatever time you wish. How is that hard work.
Cost?? Some like to waste money on alcohol, fAgs or national lottery......i spend a little extra on electric to make my job a joke and you find reason to question it....

Mate.......... the nay Sayers are right!!!

http://www.switchwise.co.uk/cost-run-1-kw-electric-fire-1-hour/

the average price for 1kw per hour seems to be 16p,

That means 32 pence per hour to run!

So in winter if we have it on for 8 hours
That will be a grand total of £2.56 per day for nice hot water!

Then even in summer we will probably need it on for 6 hours to achieve the same temperature (starting water temp will be higher)  so that will be
A grand total of £1.92 for nice hot water!

Flippin eck. Only one 5 star  holiday for us!

Might even look into selling a kidney at this rate.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 07:23:06 pm »
8 hours by 2kw by 500ltrs, depending on your starting temp your talking between 30 to  40 degrees, lukewarm but hardly
nice hot  water.
The imagination is a wonderful thing.

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 07:37:37 pm »
8 hours by 2kw by 500ltrs, depending on your starting temp your talking between 30 to  40 degrees, lukewarm but hardly
nice hot  water.

Do you have a tds reader that does temperature reading?  Most do these days, if you have then get water that is 40 degrees and stick your hand in it! It's pretty warm.

Also like Nathan if you get a 27 inch immersion these distribute the heat better than others, so you actually get a higher temperature. Just like Nathan has vouched for. It's close to 50 degrees with his set up.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 07:40:38 pm »
nice hot  water.

Hmmmmmmm

just out of curiosity did you have a previous username on this website?

Think I recognise your tone.

;D

nathankaye

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
nice hot  water.

Do you have a tds reader that does temperature reading?  Most do these days, if you have then get water that is 40 degrees and stick your hand in it! It's pretty warm.

Also like Nathan if you get a 27 inch immersion these distribute the heat better than others, so you actually get a higher temperature. Just like Nathan has vouched for. It's close to 50 degrees with his set up.

Thank you. I love all the trash talk of people who have no idea.
My brother in law came round today and i was showing van and the system off to him. This was at 5pm, probably with about 300l left in tank. I turned my submersible pump on that i use to fill the trolley up so he could see how hot the water is i use. He certainly didnt leave his hand under steaming running water very long at all.

What i dont get is why the haters think we make this stuff up. Whats the point?? Im not getting any commission on the heaters......theres absolutely no reason to make this up or trump it up!!  ??? ???
Like i said in opening posts, if ones are thinkingbof going down this avenue, i would strongly recommend it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:43 pm »
nice hot  water.

My brother in law came round today and i was showing van and the system off to him. This was at 5pm, probably with about 300l left in tank. I turned my submersible pump on that i use to fill the trolley up so he could see how hot the water is i use. He certainly didnt leave his hand under steaming running water very long at all.

What i dont get is why the haters think we make this stuff up. Whats the point?? Im not getting any commission on the heaters......theres absolutely no reason to make this up or trump it up!!  ??? ???
Like i said in opening posts, if ones are thinkingbof going down this avenue, i would strongly recommend it.

No disrespect Nath but at 3pm you did not have steaming water that a human hand couldn't sustain the temperature of. I'm all for immersion heaters- indeed it was me who guided you and pointed out that you had installed the wrong way.  I use a 3kw element and have done for 8 years or so but for heaven's sake.... keep it real!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:18 pm »
nice hot  water.

Also like Nathan if you get a 27 inch immersion these distribute the heat better than others, so you actually get a higher temperature. Just like Nathan has vouched for. It's close to 50 degrees with his set up

Doesn't matter what size the immersion is it still only gives out 2kw of heat therefore the above is correct, you can believe
what you want but you cant argue with physics.
43 degrees is the safe bathing limit for an adult which is far from scalding.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 08:13:13 pm »
nice hot  water.

No disrespect Nath but at 3pm you did not have steaming water that a human hand couldn't sustain the temperature of. I'm all for immersion heaters- indeed it was me who guided you and pointed out that you had installed the wrong way.  I use a 3kw element and have done for 8 years or so but for heaven's sake.... keep it real!! ;D

If ever your up my mate, track me down. I'll be happy to compare water temp
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 08:28:10 pm »
nice hot  water.

If ever your up my mate, track me down. I'll be happy to compare water temp

Nathan Iv no reason to believe you're lying so if you are getting scalding hot water of 50degrees and more over those
time frames then be careful that your heater isn't rated above 2kw, you don't want to be frying your house electrics.
I'm sure there's a electrician or plumber or heating expert that you could have a word with.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 08:37:33 pm »
Immersions are a fantastic, simple and cheap winter working solution that have many benefits but it is not a genuine or economic hot water solution.
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 08:40:01 pm »
nice hot  water.

Also like Nathan if you get a 27 inch immersion these distribute the heat better than others, so you actually get a higher temperature. Just like Nathan has vouched for. It's close to 50 degrees with his set up

Doesn't matter what size the immersion is it still only gives out 2kw of heat therefore the above is correct, you can believe

Again same invite, if ever your up my way please track me down and ask to stick your  hand in my water tank. (No inuendos please) play it safe if you want and come after 3pm and see how luke warm it is. Then tell me that its not hot still.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 08:50:20 pm »
nice hot  water.

Again same invite, if ever your up my way please track me down and ask to stick your  hand in my water tank. (No inuendos please) play it safe if you want and come after 3pm and see how luke warm it is. Then tell me that its not hot still.

No need Nathan, if you say your getting those temps Iv no reason to believe your not, but as I said the sums don't add up
so get your heater checked just to be safe.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 09:20:51 pm »
Immersions are a fantastic, simple and cheap winter working solution that have many benefits but it is not a genuine or economic hot water solution.

I'd consider it as an option for the winter but only if I could buy a tank that had something like a metal plate pre-installed to make it something like on a hot water cylinder. I just don't like the idea of an immersion fitted direct into a plastic tank personally and certainly don't want to risk ruining mine.

I love new 'toys' but I can't help feeling it could be prove an expensive toy once the novelty wears off.

nathankaye

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:05 pm »

I'd consider it as an option for the winter but only if I could buy a tank that had something like a metal plate pre-installed to make it something like on a hot water cylinder. I just don't like the idea of an immersion fitted direct into a plastic tank personally and certainly don't want to risk ruining mine.

I love new 'toys' but I can't help feeling it could be prove an expensive toy once the novelty wears off.

Many have done this before me, years before me and ive not read any posts of plastic tanks melting lol.  Theres quite a distance between the actual element and the plastic tank where you fix the nut, if that was your worry. But certainly i wouldnt recommend this in a ibc tank that some seem to use in back of their van.

My tank is insulated with the silver backed bubble wrap insulation, twice over. Which is why my tank holds the temperature all day really well, infact well into the night.
But not just for warming the van against frost in winter or to have warm hoses but also superior cleaning. For instance next time a bird poops on your own windows leave it for a couple of days. You already know how or what its like to come of with cold water. But get some hot tap water sprayed on it and see what happens. Lol.

Wish i was getting a commision hahaha, but if anyone is considering it, i would recommend doing so.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 10:47:50 pm »
This afternoon (fri 24th march) about half 2ish i needed to use my trolley on a job. As i filled her up i filmed it so i could show it was hot water still in afternoon. I didnt upload it as i didnt think my camera on phone caught the effect i was hoping. However, ive just played back the vid and realised it did. Lol, for ones that mite be interested
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSCb3RzAo3v/
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 10:55:54 pm »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRZL_acgYOX/
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2017, 08:00:20 am »
We've just got a letter through the post advising an electricity increase from 28th April. Electricity is going up from13.82 to 16.42 per unit rate. That will add £152.81 to our annual bill.
SSE energy.

So using an electric heating element will add another 19% to the heating of that water with electricity.

We will be looking around btw for another supplier.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2017, 09:26:33 am »
We've just got a letter through the post advising an electricity increase from 28th April. Electricity is going up from13.82 to 16.42 per unit rate. That will add £152.81 to our annual bill.
SSE energy.

So using an electric heating element will add another 19% to the heating of that water with electricity.

We will be looking around btw for another supplier.

Got the same letter as we are with SSE too. Think I will be sticking with an lpg heater on demand option and hope I don't gas or blow myself up. lol