Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: DI Resin Wizard Needed...
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 02:34:30 pm »
I do understand how  sequenced di vessels work as use them myself after a ro. However wanting to use DI only on such a high tds input of 330 and a high flow rate required it will hardly make any difference at all surely?

That is why I keep harping on about setting up what he wants on a test bed to work out the true cost. Hence why my comment it would be cheaper for Steve  to import the resin in bulk himself as it's not going to work out cheap. lol

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 07:16:16 pm »
If it's for solar panels then surely a ppm way above zero (maybe even 30plus) would be perfectly adequate?
It's a game of three halves!

Solar Steve

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 11:16:42 pm »
Going by gardiners calc  for argument sake to get an idea I put in the following info

cost of resin £79
size of di 20 ltr
input tds 330
monthly usage 10,000 ltr
cost per month = £475
change every 0.6 weeks
That works out at 47p per ltr to produce.
To put it another way using 7 lpm would cost just in water alone £3.29 per min to run so I do  hope that robot works quick. lol

That is not taking the flow rate  into consideration either as the higher the flow the sooner it will kill the resin. Having a double di will incure further costs and messing about surely?  Changing spent resin in large 20 ltr di tanks must be a real pain in the arse to do too.

As mentioned before best setup the configuration  you want on a test bench to find out the real cost.

Good luck.
Hi Smurf.

Using your cost of £3.29 per minute figure, are you saying it will cost £1,184.40 per day in resin, based on a six-hour working day? You sure that's right?  :-\ ???

Solar Steve

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 11:17:15 pm »
If it's for solar panels then surely a ppm way above zero (maybe even 30plus) would be perfectly adequate?
What makes you think that?

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:57 am »
Going by gardiners calc  for argument sake to get an idea I put in the following info

cost of resin £79
size of di 20 ltr
input tds 330
monthly usage 10,000 ltr
cost per month = £475
change every 0.6 weeks
That works out at 47p per ltr to produce.
To put it another way using 7 lpm would cost just in water alone £3.29 per min to run so I do  hope that robot works quick. lol

That is not taking the flow rate  into consideration either as the higher the flow the sooner it will kill the resin. Having a double di will incure further costs and messing about surely?  Changing spent resin in large 20 ltr di tanks must be a real pain in the arse to do too.

As mentioned before best setup the configuration  you want on a test bench to find out the real cost.

Good luck.
Hi Smurf.

Using your cost of £3.29 per minute figure, are you saying it will cost £1,184.40 per day in resin, based on a six-hour working day? You sure that's right?  :-\ ???

15 bags or resin does sound a wee bit high don't it.