This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: TDS question
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:44 am »
There are some factors which come into play, ie condition of the seals etc, but this is taken under consideration of how good the window cleaner is and also the technique in which he or she cleans and to that point you should be able to continue cleaning when water is 020 for instance.

The magic 000 is mostly the confidence boosters in salesmen's pitches of old, to prevent any comebacks and money lost to them as they would argue water quality.
Some on here also swear of the magic 000 and never let their water go above, well that is their choice to throw good money into expensive RO's or bags n bags of resin.  However a bad technique even using 000 can leave spots.

Thats very true, and even though my opinion has been dismissed by a couple on here. My point is if you exercise best practice, and try to stay at 0 then technically speaking, you are doing your best to use the best quality water possible.  That's what i do and if some on here want to clean at 5 or 25 ppm that's upto them,  it doesn't matter to me.

Now the other subject is hydrophilic and hydrophobic glass. The latter is more likely to spot if you do get any.

Obviously you guys don't understand the concept of using filtered water, unfiltered tap water spots because of the dissolved
impurities in the water that show on the glass when the water has dried, once you get this level down to the point where they
cant be seen should that be 006 or whatever then nothing can change that.
The water doesn't clean any better or cause less problems with things like dodgy seals hydrophobic glass just because you filtered it to 000.

Obviously we dont understand. Us silly mortals. We know not the mythical proerties of the di unit, and i am in awe of your immence superiority of  the 006 tds and above club.

Blimey...lol

::)roll ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 08:27:23 am »
BUT!what if your cleaning with say 015 water and it rains on the windows just after you ve cleaned them? and the rain water is 007 tds then you ve got 022 on the glass where as if your using 000 you ve only got 007 on the glass.less chance of spotting maybe?

its better to keep it at 000 IMO.

some of you are real skinflints when it comes to spending money on your business.keeping your water at 000 is not expensive. ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 08:35:28 am »
There are some factors which come into play, ie condition of the seals etc, but this is taken under consideration of how good the window cleaner is and also the technique in which he or she cleans and to that point you should be able to continue cleaning when water is 020 for instance.

The magic 000 is mostly the confidence boosters in salesmen's pitches of old, to prevent any comebacks and money lost to them as they would argue water quality.
Some on here also swear of the magic 000 and never let their water go above, well that is their choice to throw good money into expensive RO's or bags n bags of resin.  However a bad technique even using 000 can leave spots.

Thats very true, and even though my opinion has been dismissed by a couple on here. My point is if you exercise best practice, and try to stay at 0 then technically speaking, you are doing your best to use the best quality water possible.  That's what i do and if some on here want to clean at 5 or 25 ppm that's upto them,  it doesn't matter to me.

Now the other subject is hydrophilic and hydrophobic glass. The latter is more likely to spot if you do get any.

Obviously you guys don't fully understand the concept of using filtered water, unfiltered tap water spots because of the dissolved impurities in the water that show on the glass when the water has dried, once you get this level down to the point where they cant be seen should that be 006 or whatever then nothing can change that.
The water doesn't clean any better or cause less problems with things like dodgy seals hydrophobic glass just because you filtered it to 000.

😭😭😭😭😭
What its not a magic liquid that this strange blue canister turns it into. Youve shattered my world of understanding
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 08:39:23 am »
BUT!what if your cleaning with say 015 water and it rains on the windows just after you ve cleaned them? and the rain water is 007 tds then you ve got 022 on the glass where as if your using 000 you ve only got 007 on the glass.less chance of spotting maybe?

its better to keep it at 000 IMO.

some of you are real skinflints when it comes to spending money on your business.keeping your water at 000 is not expensive. ;D

Dont be silly Dazmond, that would mean after two rain showers you would have a tds of 37.

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 09:20:02 am »
Its amazing how many times we laugh or complain at how people/clients dont readily accept wfp or dont give it a try.

Yet according to this thread and others, most on here are too gullible to believe sales pitches of the amazing magical 000 to give the best finish. Or too scared to try and allow their tds to creep up and find out for themselves.  If i gave you two panels of glass that have been cleaned, i bet you couldnt tell which one has been cleaned with 000tds or which one has been cleaned by 010 tds for instance.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 09:22:52 pm »
How can you tell you aren't leaving spots on the windows?

Windows that look perfect from the outside may be full of spots when seen from inside in the early morning sunshine. Our lounge window is a perfect example. Hydrophobic glass and sunshine at just the right angle highlight even the slightest imperfection.

My resin gets changed when the tds rises to 1ppm.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 09:50:19 pm »
and the rain water is 007 tds then you ve got 022 on the glass where as if your using 000 you ve only got 007 on the glass
That's For Your Eyes Only though.
Live and Let Die, I say.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 10:35:09 pm »

Windows that look perfect from the outside may be full of spots when seen from inside in the early morning sunshine. Our lounge window is a perfect example. Hydrophobic glass and sunshine at just the right angle highlight even the slightest imperfection.

How do i know, because around 90 per cent of my client base have been with me since i began window cleaning and they would say. For instance when i first switched over and was perfecting my technique, it was based on their feedback that enabled me to do so. Hence now 2 yrs in, what you are suggesting was to happen, i would know.
Or my 10 percent of what i call newish clients that ive gained along the way or recently gained,  they would be quick to complain. Especially within first couple of months or so of using me. As of yet, i havent had any.

However this does not rule out that it doesnt happen. Perhaps they simply dont care or its not enough to worry about. Which if this is the case, then it also highlights that its not enough to worry about or stress about. Unless operators thenselves are OCD on the matter
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 11:18:51 pm »
Even if it's reading 000 and you change it my opinion is you can see the difffernce when you start cleaning again,the same can be said for PPB over PPM just my opinion of course before wolf gang van hitler comes on here. Some should try ROing then standard resin and then polishing with Nuclear resin the difference can be seen when working,Nuclear resin is 300 notes a sack that's the draw back.i really can't see why anyone would compromise with the water quality it's what this method of cleaning is all about pure water not 001 or 010.

G Griffin

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »
i really can't see why anyone would compromise with the water quality it's what this method of cleaning is all about pure water not 001 or 010.
Unless it costs 300 notes a sack?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 07:19:15 am »
Yerbut nobut yerbut you dont pay any tax then. It's good to spend.

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 08:09:50 am »
Even if it's reading 000 and you change it my opinion is you can see the difffernce when you start cleaning again,the same can be said for PPB over PPM just my opinion of course before wolf gang van hitler comes on here. Some should try ROing then standard resin and then polishing with Nuclear resin the difference can be seen when working,Nuclear resin is 300 notes a sack that's the draw back.i really can't see why anyone would compromise with the water quality it's what this method of cleaning is all about pure water not 001 or 010.

O.K. I must admit I misread what Marc  and Nathan where saying so misjudged them, but I cant see anything but nonsense on
this one, it must be a wind up.

Spruce

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 09:33:27 am »

How do i know, because around 90 per cent of my client base have been with me since i began window cleaning and they would say. For instance when i first switched over and was perfecting my technique, it was based on their feedback that enabled me to do so. Hence now 2 yrs in, what you are suggesting was to happen, i would know.
Or my 10 percent of what i call newish clients that ive gained along the way or recently gained,  they would be quick to complain. Especially within first couple of months or so of using me. As of yet, i havent had any.

However this does not rule out that it doesnt happen. Perhaps they simply dont care or its not enough to worry about. Which if this is the case, then it also highlights that its not enough to worry about or stress about. Unless operators thenselves are OCD on the matter

Sorry. This post of mine was a general response and wasn't personally directed at you or anyone else replying to this thread. I didn't link the post in with one's opinion.

I was merely pointing out that what you can see from the outside isn't always what can be seen from the inside.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)