This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

handyali

Re: manky EOT very grim
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 09:24:34 pm »
blimey martin i was just about to say exactly the same thing  ::) :o

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 09:31:27 pm »
I have already taken some piccys, they are on our phones If we get the job (which is looking likely, cos no one else wants it),we will take some propper digital piccys so i can print them of the before and after, will be good for our website too  ;D

anyone got a copy of the signing off sheet?

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 10:27:11 pm »
Don't know why your're worried about charging 500 quid. We've done some of these and the bills were nearer 3k. These were extreme with human remains, human and animal wastes etc. If it was a fire job which would entail probably the same level of cleaning as you mention it would be around £800-900.
Don't be afraid of charging high prices, they wouldn't do it and are usually quite happy to pay you to have it done and out the way.

mark dew

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 02:45:17 am »
The flat is in a rural village in shropshire, just outside of shrewsbury.
The situation is, the lady who lived there died last october, her neice (who lives in llanelli, and travelling back n to) has been sorting it out, and apparently a solicitor is paying for the cleaning, not sure if hes paying for other things to help the family.
I did tell her it would need around 2 days of work with 2 of us, and that it would be quite expensive, but she was ok, just said the solicitor would send me a chq.

My sister and me are in a similar situation to your potential client except i'm living in the house until its sold.
It sounds like any costs will come from the dead woman's estate and the estate will have money once the house is sold or the belongings sorted.
I reckon to your client the cost would be pretty irrelevant in these circumstances and can't proceed until they find someone to do the job.
The alternative to a solicitor is probably the yellow pages and how much would a large company charge?
When someone dies there is too much to get sorted to worry about the cheapest price. Sell to them a worry free end result to their satisfaction and the job is yours.

mark

ps solicitors live in a glass bubble and s/he won't be fazed at your charges. Look at him as a subcontractor taking his cut.