This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: old,tired and knackered window cleaners.
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 10:14:28 pm »
Nothing up with a little waffle. Asking age as also said ones seem to be struggling. Lol its not always age as to why a person may be struggling, a previous post said its down to having kids, i expanded on that point.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 10:38:36 pm »
Im 35 and definately dont feel as good as i did 10 years ago thats for sure.

I get a bad back from time to time, i notice im a bit more lethargic in general. I dont have that energy to work flat out all day like i used to do in other jobs.

I dont feel terrible but i definately feel older and slowing down

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 10:43:16 pm »
it seems like a lot of you guys are struggling a bit. :(

how old are you?im 45 and never felt better health wise.much fitter now than in my 20s/30s.no injuries to speak of either.

Got hitched at 22 n had step son, by 2 yrs later had 2 ickle girls (13 mnths apart from each other, werent expecting 3rd child, lol i know how kids r made)
By time 33, wive did dirty n divorced and now im 39 re hitched n glutten for punishment as 3 more kids youngest 8mnth old.
Old football injury so  have weak ankle. Other than a ton of stress n x wive, im fit n able but lovin wfp n not using ladders any more.
(Hence why i need my coffees  ;D ;D)

very similar to me that.

I got engaged at 21 also inheriting a step -son,  was with her 10 years (never married luckily) had 3 kids with her. she did the dirty when i was 31, i met someone else at 32, had another kid and got engaged (this time looks like i cant escape the marriage next year) now im 35.

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 10:48:14 pm »
I've never been married.

I'm fit as a fiddle.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 07:38:57 am »
I'm 35 strong and fit go gym eat well in good shape then for the first time ever I get an back injury . Just lately felt like an old man . Gonna get back to how I was soon . Age is just a number as long as you look after yourself your be spot on with no worries . Saying that we just don't know what's gonna happen round that corner ........ you only get old tied and knackered when you don't charge enough .

how did you do your back in?deadlifts in the gym?
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 07:41:09 am »
Im 35 and definately dont feel as good as i did 10 years ago thats for sure.

I get a bad back from time to time, i notice im a bit more lethargic in general. I dont have that energy to work flat out all day like i used to do in other jobs.

I dont feel terrible but i definately feel older and slowing down

god help you when you get to 45 then mate! ;D

you dont smoke do you?if you do give up as soon as possible.

Dry Clean

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 08:41:31 am »
I must admit I'm struggling a bit, fell off a garage roof last Thurs.broke my arm and fractured two ribs, luckily my head took
most of the impact.
Have went from a productive shiner to now spending my time annoying Tosh on the mad section.

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 08:55:48 am »
So you also found out the falling bit is easy but the sudden stop at the end hurts like hell. lol
Hope you are on the mend and back to work soon.

If you don't mind me asking how did it happen?

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 09:07:33 am »
So you also found out the falling bit is easy but the sudden stop at the end hurts like hell. lol
Hope you are on the mend and back to work soon.

If you don't mind me asking how did it happen?
Thanks,
Its a window above the Garage that I cant get from the ground, the slates where greasy so lost my footing getting back onto the ladder, shouldn't have toughed it but the old I'm not going to let this beat me stupidly came into play.
There's no fool like an old fool should have known better.

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 09:31:45 am »
We all need a wake up call from time to time. You should count yourself very lucky that you only suffered broken bones and not sustained a life changing injury or worst died from the fall. Head trauma is the biggest killer from falls from height. Crack your head on say the edge of a dwarf garden wall, any other object or floor hard enough on the way down and it's game over. All for someone that wanted a hard to reach window cleaned for a poxy few bob.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 11:17:53 am »
I must admit I'm struggling a bit, fell off a garage roof last Thurs.broke my arm and fractured two ribs, luckily my head took
most of the impact.
Have went from a productive shiner to now spending my time annoying Tosh on the mad section.

painful!them ribs are gonna hurt like hell for a long time.no laughing or coughing for a good few weeks. :( :(

probably looking at a month off at least are nt you mate? ???

best wishes

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 08:12:38 pm »
I'm 40 in a couple of months and can honestly say i feel better when I was in my 20s...but I did use to hammer the drink and other naughty stuff in me back then :D

chris turner

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 08:54:19 pm »
I'm 40 in a couple of months and can honestly say i feel better when I was in my 20s...but I did use to hammer the drink and other naughty stuff in me back then :D

The constant come downs and hangovers make you feel more like 60 ;D

I stopped all drink and occasional drug use at age 22, as soon as I decided to have kids.  Now 31, been completely teetotal for nearly 10 years.
My drink is now protein, my drug is working out.

No matter how healthy and fit we are I think we all feel a tad lethargic this time of year due to the lack of sunshine. Roll on spring/summer.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »

I stopped all drink and occasional drug use at age 22, as soon as I decided to have kids.  Now 31, been completely teetotal for nearly 10 years.

No matter how healthy and fit we are I think we all feel a tad lethargic this time of year due to the lack of sunshine. Roll on spring/summer.
;D ;D

I do weights now too Chris...I have put on 6 stone since my late teens :D

chris turner

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 09:49:50 pm »

;D ;D

Are you doing weights to lose weight?

Iv put on 2 stone over the last few months to bulk up, I'm about to hit 15 stone them I'm going to lean out for that ripped look.
Remember if your doing weights then standard bmi charts won't work for you as muscle is twice as dense as fat.
My ideal weight is 210lbs (15stone) for my height (6.1ft) because I workout.

Tom White

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 10:32:51 pm »
most of the impact.

The blow to your head should've banged some sense into it.

Hope you recover quickly, mate.

Tom White

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 10:38:38 pm »
47; don't drink, smoke or drug.  I don't eat sugar either; apart from the occasional relapse.  I run and lift weights, and I'm planning to run a marathon in June and the Brecon Beacon's Ultra Marathon (46 miles) in November.

Subsequently, I'm feeling fit and strong; but life is hard and full of drudgery.

The terms 'health and wellbeing' don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.  You can be extremely healthy, but that doesn't mean you're well in your being.

Anyone got the number of the Samaritans? 

They might care! :'(

chris turner

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 10:43:25 pm »
47; don't drink, smoke or drug.  I don't eat sugar either; apart from the occasional relapse.  I run and lift weights, and I'm planning to run a marathon in June and the Brecon Beacon's Ultra Marathon (46 miles) in November.

Subsequently, I'm feeling fit and strong; but life is hard and full of drudgery.

The terms 'health and wellbeing' don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.  You can be extremely healthy, but that doesn't mean you're well in your being.

Anyone got the number of the Samaritans? 

They might care! :'(

At least your dog looks happy ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 06:58:36 am »

;D ;D

Are you doing weights to lose weight?

Iv put on 2 stone over the last few months to bulk up, I'm about to hit 15 stone them I'm going to lean out for that ripped look.
Remember if your doing weights then standard bmi charts won't work for you as muscle is twice as dense as fat.
My ideal weight is 210lbs (15stone) for my height (6.1ft) because I workout.
I'm bulking at the mo Chris ;)

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2017, 07:55:24 am »
Talking about the Samaritans.
When I worked for the Samaritans, I phoned in sick one morning...but they talked me out of it! ??? 8) ;D
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget