Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

are their any good back packs
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:52:57 pm »
im psed of with the back packs that are available at the moment I have had  3 of the ones from redhat diving the ones with the white tank and green lid ive got the new one from gardners  had it just over a year packs up I would not mind only used it a hand full of times tried all the tests to sort it .so its in the bin

jk999

Re: are their any good back packs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:48:24 pm »
I have been on here quite a few times the back packs from red hat diving are a pile of crap .you buy them three months later they die on you and when you try to get him to fix them he says you have probably  broke them yourself so in end I bit the bullet and got myself a pure freedom trolley. And now I make my own for around a couple of hundred quid

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 04:02:57 pm »
When you see how cheap they are to buy in bulk from china you will understand why they don't last very long. Build or buy a decent pump box or trolley and it should last you years like my pf trolley has.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »
Well the pumps sent going to.last very long as they are cheap chinese things.

Can the backpacks not be opened to replace parts?

the king

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 04:58:57 pm »
the gardners oners are good ive just got one from the cleaning werehouse seems good so far time will tell tho  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 05:04:10 pm »
the gardners oners are good ive just got one from the cleaning werehouse seems good so far time will tell tho  ;D

Not very long if yer going to use it for spraying strong hypo about lol
Also you can't send I back if it fails either once it has been used for hypo

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 05:42:29 pm »
ive got the new one from gardners  had it just over a year packs up I would not mind only used it a hand full of times tried all the tests to sort it .so its in the bin

Drop me an email on alex@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk and I'll see if I can trouble-shoot for you (that's if it's not already in the bin!)

the king

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:54 pm »

just used for spraying tfr ubik ect no hypo yet well just the little bit thats in ubik and tfr ;D

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:17 pm »

just used for spraying tfr ubik ect no hypo yet well just the little bit thats in ubik and tfr ;D

OK mums the word lol

the king

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 08:32:02 pm »
ive hurd tho that the water genie has a cem resistent pump flo jet were the gardner has not got this how true this is im not shore ? maby alex gardner could help with this ?!! :)

the king

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 08:33:09 pm »

OK mums the word lol
   ;D ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 08:41:47 pm »
ive hurd tho that the water genie has a cem resistent pump flo jet were the gardner has not got this how true this is im not shore ? maby alex gardner could help with this ?!! :)

The pumps in most backpacks are originally designed for pumping chemicals such as pesticides and other non-caustic fluids. These pumps cope well with such things as TFR etc.

If using with highly caustic chemicals such as 'Hypo' then it is advised to rinse out thoroughly afterwards - this is not so much for the pump but for every other metal and plastic component in the fluid's path.

We do not warranty the backpacks for use with such caustic chemicals as Hypo as there are too many components than can be damaged if they are not carefully cleaned and maintained when doing so. Also the couriers will not transport the backpacks back to us for any warranty issues, if they have been used with any hazardous chemicals.

the king

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:35 pm »
thanks for the info alex  :)

dave f

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 01:05:37 pm »
alex got an email regarding trouble shooting  I e screw adjustment all jubilee clips ok I suspect the pressure pump switch is faulty

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 02:31:08 pm »
alex got an email regarding trouble shooting  I e screw adjustment all jubilee clips ok I suspect the pressure pump switch is faulty

Hi Dave

I have looked up the notes on the system about this and have sent you an email.

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 10:41:30 pm »
I have a Gardiner's back pack it's about 3 years old I have put many hundreds of ltrs of hypo through it , I always wash it through after , it's still working fine , they are cheap enough to replace every year if you have to they should pay for themselves with one or two jobs , so I feel it's good value for money , I know Alex won't warranty it if hypo is used but if it went wrong I would just get another one

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 07:55:02 am »
i bought the v3 gardiners backpack last month and its saved me losing out on thousands of pounds.cost me just over £100 with VAT and delivery.

the handle is not on the lid like the older version.big plus.its also a 22l capacity so 3l more and the controllers better IMO.

im glad i wont be using it all day every day from now on but itll come in handy for a few awkward jobs here and there and its good in an emergency to get you out of a tight spot. :)

the only negative for me is the lid.its pretty rubbish and even though i screw it on tight it can just fall off at any moment! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 09:05:38 am »
i bought the v3 gardiners backpack last month and its saved me losing out on thousands of pounds.cost me just over £100 with VAT and delivery.

the handle is not on the lid like the older version.big plus.its also a 22l capacity so 3l more and the controllers better IMO.

im glad i wont be using it all day every day from now on but itll come in handy for a few awkward jobs here and there and its good in an emergency to get you out of a tight spot. :)

the only negative for me is the lid.its pretty rubbish and even though i screw it on tight it can just fall off at any moment! ::)roll

Yep, agree about the lid. The amount of water i keep loosing when pulling it on trolley or if i pull hose to far and it topples over
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 09:38:03 am »

Hi Dazmond

All lids are physically checked to be a secure fit by the dispatch team before a backpack is sent off.

Did this happen from the start or has it become a problem?  Drop the Customer Service Team an email on sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk and they can help sort this for you.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 09:40:11 am »

Yep, agree about the lid. The amount of water i keep loosing when pulling it on trolley or if i pull hose to far and it topples over

Hi Nathan

Is this the backpack from last June?  Did this happen from the start or has it become a problem?  Drop the Customer Service Team an email and they can look into this for you.