This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jays Window Cleaning

Re: Which is better??
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:14 pm »
I agree most people these days in my area want 8 weekly ... Charge more and do less work . But when I started I want to get out there and be noticed so I started off monthly put up with loads of Crap work because when you start you usually pick up all the customers no one wants been there done that .  (Custy)' New company ah now we can have our windows cleaned again as we have been through all the window cleaners in our town". It's a rough ride starting out . But if I could turn back time I would have much rather started as Spudlys said . Yes it's will take longer but you will get better money for the job 8 weekly. Say you charge £10 4 weekly you charge £20 8 weekly . So in 8 weeks you clean it once not twice . And I agree you hardly ever I think once have an 8 weekly say not today thank you . Or has that really been 8 weeks thought it was only a couple a weeks ago you were here last.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 10:56:36 pm »
To JK99

I started out monthly, eventually switched onto 8 weekly, all new cuties on 8 weekly.

Reasons:
You charge more,  hourly rate goes up.
People end up begrudging paying every 4 weeks end up losing them.
You have more customers, sell add ons easier, not worried losing a few.
People are actually happy to see you, don't get those skip until next month tossers.

It does take longer to build a decent round.
I do a handful of bigger houses 25pounds on 4 weekly, they can afford it and want it doing.
95 percent 8 weekly though.

Spot on. 8 weekly more customers so less hit when you lose one, twice as many custies to sell add ons plus more profit from better prices.

I offer 4 and 8 weekly but once full will only offer 8 weekly. Makes total sense

NWH

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 11:06:18 pm »
An established WC will tell you it doesn't take a few years to build a reliable profitable business more like 15 years for premium domestic work,very few places where I go would give a door knocker a go where they live you can't even see the front door lol. Most of us started out the same cleaning glass on any property from little bungalows to the single flat. It's justncleaning Windows some people say,you try going out there these days and building enough of a business to pay the bills,not very easy to do imo.

jk999

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 11:36:02 pm »
I have been in this game thirty two years half of those wfp I have a well established round which has taken years to to build up and I bet it's not even half a percent that wants every second clean my work is three to four weeks and most of my customers ask me why I'm late if I go a couple of days over . I don't entertain 6 to 8 weekly as I can't be doing with the extra work of getting muck of what's been on for weeks I can't see point of having your windows done 8 weekly you could do them one day and two days later if weather is crappy they are mucky again what's point

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 12:02:25 am »
It also depends on where you do your round . If it's on a busy high street or right on the sea front then yes I understand why people would want their windows cleaned more regular . My round I have a a few big houses £30 4 weekly because where they are they get more dirty then most my 8 weeklys . I'm not saying 8 weekly is the only way to go. For me it works 80% of my round 8 weekly 20% 4 weekly . Due to where the properties are . But I now price up 8 weekly , more money .  Good thing about this forum is everyone runs there business the way that works for them. So you get an idea of different ways of doing things knowledge is the key . Cleaning the windows is the easy bit.  If you haven't yet brought you system have a good think about it ask more questions invest in what you need don't go over bord at the start . I want a new top of the range system but I can't justify the price  it's the same thing does the same job . Main things that I pay top money for now because i have had an injury is the pole and hose reel .

jk999

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 12:17:41 am »
A friend of mine going back about fifteen years ago first couple of years into wfp asked me if he could look at my set up every thing I had my van water purification set up and trollies  all come in for less 4500 grand my van being the dearest asset out of it all he couldn't believe how cheap my set up was . Everything he had was an ionic s set up twenty  five grand .his resin change had to be done every month four resin vessels 80 quid a piece 320 a month it was costing me less than a couple of quid a month to filter water at the time some folk chuck money away for the sake of it

CleanClear

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 01:17:40 am »
Lots of very complex answers here, but its simple really............... you pay for what you get. Pay peanuts and get monkeys. I built me own for next to nowt..................
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 07:05:38 am »
once you ve got someone to fix your tank in securely in the back of the van then the rest is easy,pumpbox,reel(heater if your using one)

i paid £80 to my local garage yesterday to have my tank and frame bolted into my new van.today ill plumb in my pumpbox,heater and reel(if it arrives!) and ill be good to go. :)
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 07:17:07 am »
Most of my round is 8 weekly. It suits for several reasons.

When I went wfp I would tell people that their windows remained cleaner for longer due to less soapy residue (I now generally doubt this in practical i.e. visual terms) and would use it to sell wfp when customers were more doubting ten/fifteen years ago. I also used it as a reason to charge say £15 rather than £10 per clean (never as much as double).

It reduced their annual bill so they got something back as it were.

But some of my round is 4 weekly/monthly

Commercial work in Avonmouth which is dusty from traffic/coal imports and cement manufacture. This is usually calendar monthly to suit their invoicing/payment structure or 4 weekly for the petty cash jobs.

A long stretch of house fronts on the A4 which gets mucky from traffic. They have their backs done every other time or on request.

Some small areas left over from my trad days which are still 4 weekly.

Usually I now offer both and the custy usually goes 8 week rather than 4.

It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:40 am »
My van mount cost less than £500.

One day I would like to own something like a grippa system because they look nice. But it's a want rather than need and I wouldn't buy one unless I really could afford it. I'd rather spend the money on more important things until then.

Also I would agree to buold s premium round where things like a grippa system would be viable I would say it's going to take a good few years not happen overnight. I've been going full time a year and part time a year before that and only have about 50% of round and even then I still get messers weekly constantly dumping people and picking up new ones then being messed about. If you go in cheap and tolerate all  kinds of nonsense you could have a full round fairly quickly. But to get a full round of reliable good paying customers and good prices (for uk your area) I would say 5 years plus.

Sean chambers

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 08:47:01 am »
Hi where in Sussex are you based

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 01:07:24 pm »
East Sussex, nr uckfield