This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon_Phelps

Saved loads on a tank frame!
« on: January 31, 2017, 07:28:27 pm »
I looked into buying a 350 lay flat tank frame from Grippa tank before Christmas only to find they have put up their prices.

They are asking £555.61p including the vat but excluding delivery for the GrippaPRO welded tank frame.  well I've just found where they are made and have ordered the exact same thing for £398.00 including the vat and delivery!  its the same frame!

i called and spoke to the sales to confirm and have ordered one.  2 week lead time just like Grippatank.........hmm suspicious.

heres the link should anyone else want to order one. http://tektankslimited.com/tank-cages-345-c.asp

you're welcome  ;D

Tosh

Re: Saved loads on a tank frame!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »
That doesn’t look anything like my Grippa frame and tank.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »
i take it its not listed on their site as the frames your link goes to are not the same

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:16:34 pm »
Check the pic on this link then tell me its not the same tank frame  ::)roll
https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippapro-250-upright-tank-frame?___SID=U

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18:43 pm »
well i thought he meant the crash tested ones  ::)roll

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:23:51 pm »
I think I would rather go for a PF s/s frame myself

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/water-tanks/cages.html
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 08:27:36 pm »
Or just get a local fabricator to knock one up the spec you want.

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:18 pm »
definitely the same frame as smurf's link.

wanted this frame over the PF one due to the bolt-on style add ons

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 07:10:55 am »
I think I would rather go for a PF s/s frame myself

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/water-tanks/cages.html

yep thats the same one ive just bought(500L)spruce.next day delivery too.no 2 week wait!they also threw in all bolts and spreader plates for fitting too.
price higher/work harder!

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 03:59:33 pm »
latest development.

i got a phone call from tek-tanks saying the lead time will be 3 weeks and that i might be better ordering from their supplier Grippatank  (still unsure of what to believe here) but they said they would refund me and i would need do place the order with them. 

i interrupted and said i was happy waiting and under no circumstances issue a refund.  I don't need the frame urgently and I'm waiting on other bits and pieces to complete my van refit anyway.

just checked their website again they've increased the prices in line with Grippa.  might have unintentionally ruffled a few feathers here

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 04:09:50 pm »
Oh dear...who is telling porkies I wonder?  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »
latest development.

i got a phone call from tek-tanks saying the lead time will be 3 weeks and that i might be better ordering from their supplier Grippatank  (still unsure of what to believe here) but they said they would refund me and i would need do place the order with them. 

i interrupted and said i was happy waiting and under no circumstances issue a refund.  I don't need the frame urgently and I'm waiting on other bits and pieces to complete my van refit anyway.

just checked their website again they've increased the prices in line with Grippa.  might have unintentionally ruffled a few feathers here

Shame it wasnt grippa tank lowering their price to match tho isnt it!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 09:02:28 pm »
latest development.

Its happens regularly in industry.

The only way you can start a business is to advertise, promote, sell and service your product directly to the enduser. If you do a good job, have a quality product which is good value for money and in demand, then you could well get noticed by a 'wholesaler' who has the potential to sell more product than you can as a small enterprise.

So they screw you for a quantity discount and you kind of end up with all your eggs in one basket.  Then the wholesaler starts to put pressure on you as the manufacturer for a bigger discount. So the manufacturer decides that he will try to sell a little of his product to his old customers to regain a bit of profitability by having his feet on both sides of the proverbial fence.
The wholesaler finds out and threatens to cancel the agreement he has with you.

This is an old Supermarket trick. Window cleaners have even had it done to them by the supermarkets. They give so much work that your other customers get pushed into the background. Once they believe you exclusively work for them, then you get called into a cost cutting exercise meeting. You can't afford to do the work but you can't afford not to do it.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:28:55 pm »
Take a tank to any metal fabricator/welder ..... They will built you a frame.

I bought my tank and frame together second hand, I had a small shelf welded on the end, when I showed him prices of tank frames he nearly fell over.....

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 10:44:27 pm »
latest development.

Its happens regularly in industry.

The only way you can start a business is to advertise, promote, sell and service your product directly to the enduser. If you do a good job, have a quality product which is good value for money and in demand, then you could well get noticed by a 'wholesaler' who has the potential to sell more product than you can as a small enterprise.

So they screw you for a quantity discount and you kind of end up with all your eggs in one basket.  Then the wholesaler starts to put pressure on you as the manufacturer for a bigger discount. So the manufacturer decides that he will try to sell a little of his product to his old customers to regain a bit of profitability by having his feet on both sides of the proverbial fence.
The wholesaler finds out and threatens to cancel the agreement he has with you.

This is an old Supermarket trick. Window cleaners have even had it done to them by the supermarkets. They give so much work that your other customers get pushed into the background. Once they believe you exclusively work for them, then you get called into a cost cutting exercise meeting. You can't afford to do the work but you can't afford not to do it.

The power of greed my friends......ones get hooked on the notion of making one's fortunes and becoming blind to the reality of the trap they are being enticed by.
...........said the spider to the fly............

Lol, a bit like some operating a franchise only to be funding the franchisee themselves....... ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 01:24:42 pm »
Take a tank to any metal fabricator/welder ..... They will built you a frame.

I bought my tank and frame together second hand, I had a small shelf welded on the end, when I showed him prices of tank frames he nearly fell over.....
I've just got a quote from my local (reasonably big fabricator)for a 650 Ltr tank in a Pure Freedom  copy. £150 plus £30 if I want powder coating.

jk999

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 03:30:12 pm »
Because  you have come on here moaning about  grippa they have had words with this company hence  the reason for price increase .some on here forget company s like grippa  and gardiner s ect come on here so you need to keep some things to yourself it could have gone pear shaped for you

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 07:19:35 pm »
Price fixing and greed springs to mind.  ::)roll
If people are dumb enough to pay/put up with extortionate prices for products that can be sourced cheaper elsewhere then more fool them. Shame on you Grippa.

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 10:33:26 pm »
Price fixing and greed springs to mind.  ::)roll
If people are dumb enough to pay/put up with extortionate prices for products that can be sourced cheaper elsewhere then more fool them. Shame on you Grippa.

Yep, shame on u grippa. If you matched price with theirs you may have seen sales increase
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 10:47:59 pm »
Would you lower your price to that of another cleaner who undercut you? How would you feel if that same undercutter was someone who you had given business to beforehand?
Comfortably Numb!