Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sue Wilson

Leather cleaning
« on: January 30, 2017, 04:11:38 pm »
 We're being asked about cleaning leather upholstery but it's not an area we've ever tried.

Is this a profitable add-on to carpet and upholstery cleaning?  Would be grateful for any tips, pricing suggestions etc.

Thanks in advance  :)

scott johns

Re: Leather cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:40:56 pm »
hi sue
get yourself on a ltt course with judy bass she is lovely lady that will guide you in the right direction.
there is money in leather cleaning but you will have to know your stuff to command a good price.
best of lucky happy cleaning

dale_cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »
My old man was in leather trade for 20 years he swore by saddle soap or white vinegar and linseed oil to nourish it.
I find upholstery harder as more chance of damage, people will tell you saddle soap is caustic because it's alkaline but I have never seen any adverse effects, if your a bottle snob there's tonnes of differant chems I currently have prochem two part cleaner/conditioner does the trick , it's profitable as leather sofas tend to be in nicer houses so good to tie in with carpets, repair kits for scratches are readily available pretty foolproof to get good results

johnsmith1

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 03:02:43 pm »
I use a mix of olive oil and white vinegar with lemon juice for a nice citrus smell, works every time on my car interior which is leather. If you find some way of repairing or reducing scratches that would also work in your favour.