This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: How much work does a sign written van get you?
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 01:45:37 pm »
I’d heard the same, but you never know, he might surprise us all.  8)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

SeanK

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 04:08:16 pm »
To be honest its hard to know how much work you will generate from it, remember you will also have the cost of removing it
when you go to sell the van, its not easy removed and the paint work will be a different colour under the removed wrap so may
need repairing.
The majority of my work comes from recommendations but I couldn't honestly say not having the van sign written would make
a difference, I wont be getting it again with my next van.
Can you put a picture of your current sign written van up Sean?
I think Sean works undercover. Shhh.

Sorry have never been able to post a photo on here, cant even post an emoji from getting windows 10.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:56 pm »
Sighn written van shows you are professional  and is free advertising it payed for its self over and over again , people see you doing a good job and then ring up for a quote I find the latest craze is that they take a photo of the van with your details rather than write a phone no or website down

+1
Ive found this to be the case. Finished a clean and walking bk to van and spotted someone taking a photo of the side of van. They spotted me and said its for number and web site. So i gave them a card as well.

So many walk by only to walk back to van for a snapshot.  Tho i had one person tailgate me till i got to my destination and she parked right behind me, jumped out and asked for a card and if i give free quotes. Lol she was an old dear who i guess had no pens nor a camera phone  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 05:25:48 pm »
I've got work from it, loads more than it cost me. Just as important, I get lots of comments saying how smart and professional my van looks. Mine is probably the most simplest of designs and only cost me £130 (I designed it and the signwriters made it up. But it's effective and it works.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:44 pm »
I think you should look at it like a whole package, someone will see your sign written van, then go on your website and/or Facebook site and then if they're impressed with all , they'll contact you.

chris turner

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 08:05:38 pm »
Sign written van definitely pays for itself.
My last van was sign written from day 1, had it 5 years and had all manner of enquiries from it, from walk ups to people ringing me to say they had just seen my van and would like a quote.

Had my current van for just over a year and decided not to get it sign written as to busy. There has been a clear difference in the amount of walk ups and enquiries.

Without your 'brand' on show people don't know who you are and are immediately less likely to trust you. You could just be some pikey from the nearest caravan park.

Because of my change of direction in the new I'm definitely getting my van sign written again, along with new website, new logo etc.
You don't need to go all out on sign writing, something simple such as your logo, what you do and contact details is all that's needed to bring in work.

Did you ever get a call from the Rozzers saying they'd seen your van in the red light disrict?  ;D ;D

Indeed, they asked for a quote to clean the police station. I said if they could forgot what they'd seen, and what they will see in the future, I'd cut them a deal.
Thank goodness they agreed, my missis still fulfills all my wildest fantasies til this day ;D

swanson

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 09:52:17 pm »
My van gets me a lot of work

CF Facilities

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2016, 07:46:08 am »
Very slightly off topic but when I get insurance quotes for my van they always ask is the van sign written.
Mine isn't so I say no but do the premiums go up if a van is sign written?
Is this because repairs are more expensive if they have to replace sign writing?

Shrek

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2016, 08:07:38 am »
Very slightly off topic but when I get insurance quotes for my van they always ask is the van sign written.
Mine isn't so I say no but do the premiums go up if a van is sign written?
Is this because repairs are more expensive if they have to replace sign writing?

I would've thought they went down- it's harder to steal a van that has your name and phone number all over it and not be noticed than a plain van

8weekly

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 09:00:18 am »
... and having a sign written van makes you drive more carefully.

Ian101

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 09:25:52 am »
has this conversation with alexander swann ref telling insurance - its regarding the value e.g. a wrap can cost £3000 so the insured value needs to reflect any add ons.

SeanK

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 10:07:07 am »
£3000, (shock ) my van signage would be similar to Swansons with like a blue water beading design behind the writing and it
cost £400 about 6 years ago.

johnny bravo

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 08:05:27 pm »
£700  for a dispatch new shape, 3/4 wrap    .  all colour graphics etc   ive been tempted.     

johnny bravo

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 08:08:43 pm »
get you noticed by thieves and toe rags,   and thieving window cleaners  who like something 4 nowt,     we arent all totally honest and nice people.    ive headr of a few who are right tea leaves.   mainly the old crew

nathankaye

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 09:03:14 pm »
get you noticed by thieves and toe rags,   and thieving window cleaners  who like something 4 nowt,     we arent all totally honest and nice people.    ive headr of a few who are right tea leaves.   mainly the old crew

Ive been in my areas cleaning windows for 15yrs. I used to use a fiat multipla when i trad cleaned untill it died on me. Then i started saving for wfp n van etc along with other family commitments, so when car died i used to push my laddders n equipment on my bike to get to my destination. The worse one took an hr walking there, then an hr walking back. In meantime i left ladders etc at trust worthy customers houses. I did this for a couple of years. Then the time came to get my van and upgrade to wfp. I also got magnetized signs on van. All of a sudden, the amount of scowls i got from competitors was umbelievable. I think they thought i was new to game and was muscling in on their rounds, untill i put some right! But out of all the cars parked on my busy road on a night, mine has been the only one where side mirror has been smashed off more than twice and my back window put through, all in less than 2yrs of having van. I now pay a private homeowner to park on his land away from main road and pedestrians, which has cctv cams in operation. So yes i agree, even tho its great for business. There are mardy and low life competitors out there to be watchful of
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk