This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dazzler3370

Who works in the snow..??
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:05 am »
Woke up to snow this morning, do you guys do your residential sin the snow...??
Dazzler
Dazzler

jonboywalton75

Re: Who works in the snow..??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:20:54 am »
Yes
If safe to drive and houses accessible

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 08:30:51 am »
Yeah, snow is great. It cleans your hoses.

NJones

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:42 am »
Working in snow is easier than working in rain. So long as its safe to drive & water isn't freezing on the glass, go for it.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 09:39:05 am »
It doesn't happen very often where I live ( south coast ) but when it does its usually the state of the roads that keep me home. And the fact that because of that, most people leave their cars at home and when I get to streets there is nowhere to park.
My street is a single file dead end road on a hill and the last time we had snow ( not even very much ) we had compacted snow for over a week that froze. So many people had their cars facing uphill in spaces they just couldn't even get the traction to drive out of. Only main roads and bus routes ever saw a gritter.

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 09:41:43 am »
It doesn't happen very often where I live ( south coast ) but when it does its usually the state of the roads that keep me home. And the fact that because of that, most people leave their cars at home and when I get to streets there is nowhere to park.
My street is a single file dead end road on a hill and the last time we had snow ( not even very much ) we had compacted snow for over a week that froze. So many people had their cars facing uphill in spaces they just couldn't even get the traction to drive out of. Only main roads and bus routes ever saw a gritter.

One word.

Defender.

Soupy

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 10:20:30 am »
For years i still worked in snow when using a ladder. Esp back in 2010 when we had the bad winter. Wedged ladders i to snow mounds and worked as normal. Kick snow off people gardens n dug ladders into grass. Never had a wobble or accident. Obviously you need to be sensible! Now on wfp and where its too cold to lay 100m of hose, i can whip out the trolley.
However today i am glad mrs is abit under weather so i need to look after kids (4month old n a 2yr old) n stay warm. Tho after a day in with kids climbing all over me n nappy changes, i may have been better in cold earning instead  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 11:30:39 am »
Not I said the fly.
Bit of messing about with website and FB ads then 3 piece suite to clean this aft and only a mile away.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 11:49:00 am »

One word.

Defender.
;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 12:05:22 pm »
Santa does but not very often.

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 12:46:13 pm »
Santa does but not very often.

I wonder how many sleighs he has ?

duncan h

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 12:46:47 pm »
temp was -1 this morning. Only just stopped snowing at 12. Not worth the water freezing and getting sued. Warmer day tomorrow, so ill have a lazy day

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 01:25:52 pm »
For years i still worked in snow when using a ladder. Esp back in 2010 when we had the bad winter. Wedged ladders i to snow mounds and worked as normal. Kick snow off people gardens n dug ladders into grass. Never had a wobble or accident. Obviously you need to be sensible!

That's a contradiction in terms.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

kempy

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 02:22:46 pm »
Lazy today
Day off

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
This always makes me chuckle...4x4 my arse  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvB3h85xSVw

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 06:30:33 pm »
Woke up to snow this morning, do you guys do your residential sin the snow...??
Dazzler

yes no problem if the snows not too thick.sometimes though its better to have the day off and catch up another day mate. :)

if i do want to crack on then i take ice melt grit and a sweeping brush with me in the van and of course fire the boiler up so im working with hot water.it makes such a difference in cold weather. :)

price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »
If i must, but snow is so rare i dont usually bother, what better excuse for a lay in?

Snow stopped at 12 today so i popped out to do 2 first cleans then came back, only because id promised them and they were local