This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: Disappointed with GrippaRack.,.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »
I made exactly the same setup for a few quid with 2 downpipes and gutter wall brackets in the roof screwed to secure timber that's all it is with the ends cut allowing room for clamps,I've done the same about £20.
This is what i did....A mate had a couple of bits of soil pipe so I cut it down to size bought a couple of brackets and screwed them to the roof with tek screws☺

All in all cost me 7 quid😆

ben M

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 10:28:19 pm »

Went ahead and ordered the Grippatank WFP Storage (pic above) last week. After my order first  went to someone else delaying my delivery I have finally received it this morning and this is what it looks like:

Have to say it looks poop compared to their website advertising of the same product. Roughly cut tube on both ends. Obviously it's an expensive piece of kit for what it is and was bought both for functionality and to look nice in my new van which clearly it won't!

What do you guys think?
what i think? if you are not happy with a product you should contact the supplier straight away, no need to complain on here!

Shaun Gill

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »
The first thing I did was contact the supplier. I ordered from them in the first place because of the reviews/website pics of the product and that's not what I received. What's wrong with expressing my opinion of something I've paid hard-earned money for?

After communication from them they are going to replace the tubes but can't do it straight away as apparently they are waiting for another batch (which is probably why I received the ones I did).

I expected my order to be delivered last Friday and it was labelled incorrectly by the supplier when sent on Thursday and went to someone else so didn't receive it until today. I spent a lot of money on this for what it is so understandably I was a rather ped off when I opened the package.

Shaun Gill

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 11:15:07 pm »
Shaun is this what you purchased? https://www.grippatank.co.uk/internal-roof-mounted-gripparack-for-poles

Yes that's the one. Apologies for pics not showing. iOS file size issues I think.

Shaun Gill

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 11:18:13 pm »
It would be appreciated if you could contact us directly

I'd already been on the phone a few times asking where my order was as it was incorrectly labelled and sent to someone else. So I had to wait an extra 3 days for it.  So when I spoke to them yesterday and they said they would put a replacement order together for me to have today I assumed it would actually be what I ordered.

Now that's funny!

"Please don't complain about us in public"

If you choose to get business of this forum you also have to take criticism on this forum.

Waiting 14 minutes before going to a public forum is a bit over the top in my opinion. Personally I'd have phoned.

dave f

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 06:19:06 am »
why dot you cancel order and get the black soil pipes like I have  and save your self a bunch of hard earned money  I did the soil pipe trick much much cheaper .its not rocket science

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 12:28:44 pm »
Is there a reason why you need the pipes? Is it a waste of extra dosh?  Grippa installed my system and included the roof brackets that the pipes sit in (think it's the same looking at the pics) but no pipes were included. My Poles sit and slide in fine just with the brackets.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 12:35:44 pm »
It's an extra weight too that you could do without as simple brackets would work just as well surely?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:04 pm »
It would be appreciated if you could contact us directly

I'd already been on the phone a few times asking where my order was as it was incorrectly labelled and sent to someone else. So I had to wait an extra 3 days for it.  So when I spoke to them yesterday and they said they would put a replacement order together for me to have today I assumed it would actually be what I ordered.

Now that's funny!

"Please don't complain about us in public"

If you choose to get business of this forum you also have to take criticism on this forum.

Waiting 14 minutes before going to a public forum is a bit over the top in my opinion. Personally I'd have phoned.

i agree. its not fair of you to come straight on the forum to complain.

you should give a company the opportunity to respond and put it right.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 07:10:01 pm »

Went ahead and ordered the Grippatank WFP Storage (pic above) last week. After my order first  went to someone else delaying my delivery I have finally received it this morning and this is what it looks like:

Have to say it looks poop compared to their website advertising of the same product. Roughly cut tube on both ends. Obviously it's an expensive piece of kit for what it is and was bought both for functionality and to look nice in my new van which clearly it won't!

What do you guys think?

I see no reason why Shaun shouldn't ask the question. There are two issues here.

1. The first order got sent to the wrong customer. Shaun didn't bring that to the forum's attention for comment until it was compounded by the second issue. Even the best suppliers occasionally get an order wrong. But it is irritating when something that should take a day or two ends up at a week and is then of questionable quality.

2. This was compounded by the main issue - the quality of the product compared with the advert. Which from the picture appears to differ markedly? So Shaun asked us for our views - which he has received.

It's a game of three halves!

Shaun Gill

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 11:17:09 pm »
Here's a little update for anyone that may be interested:

After speaking with Oliver at GrippaTank they agreed to rectify the issues I had and to issue me with a 10% off voucher to use against any further purchase.

I originally purchased the GrippaRack and 2 sets of hose reel brackets last Thursday and expected to receive them the next day.

I had to call on the day my original order was due (last Friday) I waited until 4pm and called to explain my order hadn't arrived. Was told I'd get a call back the same day. Didn't receive one.

I waited until 12:00 noon on Monday for them to call to tell me what was happening and didn't receive one so called again around 12:15 and was told it had gone to someone else.

I then received my purchase the next day  (Tuesday) and found out I'd got the hideous tubes, and later realised they hadn't even sent the fitting kit for brackets.

Nothing I received came with any fitting instructions whatsoever.

I received the fitting kit yesterday (Wednesday) and the replacement tubes today (Thursday) but still haven't received the 10% off voucher that I was promised to make up for the mistakes.

Another error on their part maybe?

Took me a week to get what I should have had last Friday. Luckily these weren't important parts that stopped me working while waiting for them

Advice to GrippaTank, print out some fitting guides and send them along with your products. Send the person who picked and packed my order back to specsavers. And lastly, if you tell me you're going to send me a 10% off voucher to make up for your mistakes then actually send it?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 07:48:05 am »
Here's a little update for anyone that may be interested:

After speaking with Oliver at GrippaTank they agreed to rectify the issues I had and to issue me with a 10% off voucher to use against any further purchase.

I originally purchased the GrippaRack and 2 sets of hose reel brackets last Thursday and expected to receive them the next day.

I had to call on the day my original order was due (last Friday) I waited until 4pm and called to explain my order hadn't arrived. Was told I'd get a call back the same day. Didn't receive one.

I waited until 12:00 noon on Monday for them to call to tell me what was happening and didn't receive one so called again around 12:15 and was told it had gone to someone else.

I then received my purchase the next day  (Tuesday) and found out I'd got the hideous tubes, and later realised they hadn't even sent the fitting kit for brackets.

Nothing I received came with any fitting instructions whatsoever.

I received the fitting kit yesterday (Wednesday) and the replacement tubes today (Thursday) but still haven't received the 10% off voucher that I was promised to make up for the mistakes.

Another error on their part maybe?

Took me a week to get what I should have had last Friday. Luckily these weren't important parts that stopped me working while waiting for them

Advice to GrippaTank, print out some fitting guides and send them along with your products. Send the person who picked and packed my order back to specsavers. And lastly, if you tell me you're going to send me a 10% off voucher to make up for your mistakes then actually send it?

i think that the problem lies with there supplier  who makes these up for them ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll,
as i have a great feeling s that they don't come direct from Grippa

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 09:33:37 am »
Good Morning Shaun,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have checked our records and would kindly like to point out:

- With regard to your voucher - we have already sent the coupon code to you (Tuesday 02nd 11.57am) - "To confirm, due to the courier issue you had on your previous order, Peter will make a note on your account to apply 10% discount on your next order (coupon code GOODWILL10)." and you replied to this email at 12.11 on Tuesday - Please let us know via email if you need a copy of this email again.

-  Goods were dispatched to you on Thursday as per your order for a next day delivery. However as already mentioned due to a picking error, the parcel was incorrectly sorted and sent to the wrong customer. We explained this to you and corrected the issue by sending a replacement order to you at our own cost (rather than try and retrieve the parcel from the customer incorrectly sent to, as this would have taken longer). You were contacted Monday morning at 9.10am to explain we were looking into the issue and sorting it for you.

- All orders as per our terms and conditions are sent out on a next day basis, but are not guaranteed as per our couriers terms hence why we recommend to allow 1 - 2 days for delivery arrival.

- No fitting instructions were received - which was our issue, and which Oliver apologised to you, and send them to you as soon as you realised on Tuesday along with a link to a video guide for install and then spent some time discussing how to carry out your install.

- You reported no fitting kit was issued, but after further email discussion with you (Tuesday between 12 - 13.30pm / 8 emails), you found further bolts and plates in the box. We then sent you a list of what these bolts were for ( including for the hose reels ). However, we still sent you an additional fitting kit set which included additional plates free of charge ( not included in the initial order ) at our own cost (£40),

- We then sent replacement tubes for you as promised which were delivered yesterday. Oliver spoke to you via telephone and email to confirm the replacements were being issued.

We fully understand this order has not been a smooth transaction for you and appreciate you have had some key issues, all based on the packer in the warehouse packing the order incorrectly without a quality check. We have already apologised for this and spoken to the picker in question, and put this right as quickly as possible.

We are a family run business who pride ourselves on our customers feedback and in the rare instance a mistake is made, we do our very best to correct the issue as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately in this instance, it seems we have not been able to correct the issue fully for you to your satisfaction, so please do contact the office directly for a refund and to organise having your goods collected.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

DaveG

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 01:56:21 pm »
Bravo Grippa, can't say or do much more than that.
You can't polish a turd

chris turner

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 02:06:17 pm »
Can't please everyone and mistakes are always going to happen.
I think the overwhelming opinion on this forum, and most other forums in fact, is that grippa are a fantastic company to deal with.
I actually feel sorry for grippa with regards to this issue, they clearly go out of their way to resolve issues and please their customers.
No need for a public name and shame from the op.

Smurf

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 02:22:10 pm »
Still it makes me wounder all the same how may other cockups suppliers make? Quite a few I would imagine that we don't get to hear about on forums.

tlwcs

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 02:32:12 pm »
It isn't always the suppliers
Interlink tried to deliver to me yesterday, rang the bell went back to his van and waited briefly. He then shut the van walked down my drive and posted a card and took a picture of the house. (both neighbours were in)
Today he delivers to me and when I asked why he didn't leave it with a neighbour, he claimed he tried but they were both out.
I asked him if he wanted to see my cctv footage. He declined, offered no apology and left.
Interlink, how thick have you got to be?

slap bash

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 02:58:57 pm »
I think you should not give any time laps to rectify the problem. Any company should have control of their quality as to not send out a badly finished product in the first place. So good on you for drawing our attention to a weak product from Grippa tank.

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 03:10:35 pm »
I think you should not give any time laps to rectify the problem. Any company should have control of their quality as to not send out a badly finished product in the first place. So good on you for drawing our attention to a weak product from Grippa tank.

+1

I got the impression grippa were hoping you would have not complained by sending those rough cut pipes in the first place.  That is the bit I find most shocking... picking error my arse ::)roll

Soupy

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 03:11:59 pm »
I think you should not give any time laps to rectify the problem.