This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: stroppy new customers
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 02:01:41 pm »
I've an awkward one to quote for tomorrow.  She's had at least three other local window cleaners before me and I've heard one of them (Ian Giles) moan about her, so I'm going to charge high, charge an initial cleaning fee, and be ultra ultra clear and direct with regards frequency.  I'm guessing she's running out of local window cleaners to mess about, so hopefully will be more 'positive' with me.

It's a big place, they've tennis courts 'n' stuff, but the customer is absolutely drop dead gorgeous too; she's a fitness instructor, tall, curves in the right places, long blonde hair; really fit.

Wor Lass thinks we shouldn't quote for the job though.  ;D

I reckon she's used to "dazzling 'em" to get her way.  Your lass is right. I'd let her do the negotiations! (Tho' you might sneak a quick pic to see whether forum members agree with your assessment of the owner - all in the interest of objectivity, of course!)

Well, I quoted a good price and she told me that it's far more than what she'd paid before, but accepted after asking if we'd do a couple of inside windows (hard to get at ones).  I agreed.

We turned up to clean, she was dressed in her work clothes - tight fitting exercise kit - and she looked stunning.  She's about six foot tall, slender, and just lovely (she's in her 40s).

We had a chat about fitness stuff (she knows Wor Lass from seeing her running everywhere) and we got to work. 

She bank transferred the payment to me the same day and text me a nice 'thank you and it was nice meeting you both' to me as well.

All in all I think she's a lovely customer and I'm not sure why other window cleaners found her to be not a good customer.

Wor Lass has her reservations, though I suspect it could be a bit of 'cattery' going on here.

*Hector*

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:54 pm »
You know the forum rules Tosh...

no photo's..... it is not true......  :P

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

DaveG

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »
You know the forum rules Tosh...

no photo's..... it is not true......  :P

;D

;D

And no Photoshop Lightroom!

You can't polish a turd

NWH

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »
I looked at a job the other day a fellow WC does it although at the quoting stage I wasn't aware of this,she said he wants 50 and it takes him half an hour though it is worth the 50. Then proceeds to go on and on about how much his hourly rate works out blah blah blah,I just walked away that is not the type of person I want to clean windows for these days. If you price for each job individually and not just because you clean 1 next door  the extra over the course of the month in increased money earned is surprising.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2016, 04:39:19 pm »
@Tosh

Do you think Wor Lass is a bit concerned about your tongue lolling on the floor?
It's a game of three halves!

andyM

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2016, 04:56:50 pm »
Ah yes now i've made the link between Tosh posting the Eric Prydz (Dance Instructor) vid and this new customer of his.
Yep clear as a bell.  ;D
One of the Plebs

lal

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2016, 08:05:14 pm »
There is no way on a first clean for a new customer that i would start cleaning the windows, if they didn't answer the
door or weren't there, i would try ringing their phone, if still no joy, i would just walk away, Zero tolerance for messers.
Lal

Seriously?

We never meet a substantial percentage of our customers because they are out at work when we visit, even on the first clean.

Seriously?  Yes definitely  Seriously Soupy,  99% of my customers pay me on completion of job, a handful pay using online
banking, some send me a cheque, but these customers I've got to know over time and trust them. Now with a brand new
1st time customer they need to be in to pay me on completion of job or otherwise leave the money hidden somewhere.
Lal

Soupy

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2016, 03:26:01 am »
1st time customer they need to be in to pay me on completion of job or otherwise leave the money hidden somewhere.
Lal

For me that's an absolute no no. One day you're gonna go where they said they left the money and it won't be there. You'll be accusing them of lying, they'll be accusing you of being a thief. No one wins.

lal

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 09:10:51 am »
Lal

For me that's an absolute no no. One day you're gonna go where they said they left the money and it won't be there. You'll be accusing them of lying, they'll be accusing you of being a thief. No one wins.

No problems so far with people leaving money hidden, i have suggested online banking to them, but not everyone
is keen on this  ::)roll