This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: One step closer
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 09:07:34 am »
What happens if a Franchisee gets full up with work and wants to expand?  Has anyone had experience of that?

sunshine windows

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 09:11:54 am »
He/she can then become a master franchisee. I've already spoken to one of mine about this. They would then get 20% off each franchisee they set up and build work for. I would would then get 20% from this meaning a 16/4% split from each of their franchisees.

I know Ian has already done this and has a master franchisee with at least 3 other franchisees under his belt
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 09:21:38 am »
Ah right. Thanks.

sunshine windows

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 09:25:10 am »
Or they have the alternative of employing themselves, as there's nothing stopping them from doing this.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

ascjim

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2016, 09:25:47 am »
Thank you Mick, I've never really pushed the business to its limits. It's just grown organically and I had to make a decision to either make the most of it, or start turning work away. If I had the drive of certain other members on here, I'd probably be retired by now.

Yes Ben. I get 20% royalties on all customers, no matter how they are acquired. The way to look at this is, if it wasn't for me setting the franchisee up in the first place they wouldn't be gaining any new customers.

It makes me really happy knowing that at least 2 of the franchisee have at least doubled their previous annual wages, even after deducting my 20% fee. Seeing the difference in their lifestyles and what they can now afford to do gives me a great sense of achievement.

20% sounds good, good job.

What's the initial payment to set everything up? What do you supply?

sunshine windows

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 10:08:15 am »
They pay a franchise fee and supply a suitable vehicle.

I respray/signwrite the van. Install system and provide all equipment for wfp & trad cleaning. Workwear, stationery, cleaner planner advice, operations manual and 2 months of side by side training to get them up to speed before they go it alone. Ongoing help is always at hand if they need it.

As well as providing them with a good round base to get them started. Normally at least £2k monthly but my sister in law is different as she wants to work part time.

It's working very well in covering each other for holidays too, which has always been a problem being self employed.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

ascjim

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 11:38:59 am »

I respray/signwrite the van. Install system and provide all equipment for wfp & trad cleaning. Workwear, stationery, cleaner planner advice, operations manual and 2 months of side by side training to get them up to speed before they go it alone. Ongoing help is always at hand if they need it.

As well as providing them with a good round base to get them started. Normally at least £2k monthly but my sister in law is different as she wants to work part time.

It's working very well in covering each other for holidays too, which has always been a problem being self employed.

That's ideal!

I hope ti would be ok to get in contact for more advice in the future?

sunshine windows

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 01:52:27 pm »
Of course James. I'd happily have a chat to talk you through things, although Ian Lancaster is the man to deal with directly for all the documentation.

Why are you thinking along these lines if you're already employing? I should have thought the profits from employing would make it worth the head ache?
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

ascjim

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 02:13:04 pm »
It pretty much runs it self here. Soon, I will have someone out quoting as well, so not much for me to do.

We cover the whole of Devon, but prices go up for the customer the further we travel. It would be nice having a franchise around 50 miles away taking care of an area so it will bring the prices down.

Btw we don't clean windows all over Devon only in Exeter, but render, gutter and pressure washing we travel for.

ben M

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »

Which equipment do you use in your van? thanks

sunshine windows

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 11:33:18 pm »
Hi Ben,

First 2 systems are 400 ltr Purefreedom delivery systems. These are now 8&9 years old and have had barely any replacement parts.

The most recent 2 & the 5th will be from Stephen Scargill (Aquaeous Plastics),  as he's based in Swindon it's very convenient having them fitted on the doorstep. I spoke to ionics but they couldn't get anywhere near his prices.

(Swindon, Wiltshire)