This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Indoor glass cleaning systems-Gardiners
« on: July 05, 2016, 04:22:31 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice on indoor cleaning systems. I potentially have a commercial property to clean and some of the windows are old fashioned sash but they want the insides cleaned as well. Some reach as high as second floor. Don't fancy using a ladder and doing it with an old fashioned trad pole with combo squeegee will undoubtedly take ages..

I've seen the Gardiners one for £199.99 with a choice of poles with an added extra. Has anyone used any of these or what do people use?

Thanks.

johnwillan

Re: Indoor glass cleaning systems-Gardiners
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »
I purchased the Gardiner System (electric pump spray) to clean a high level interior, each pane was approximately 18' x 7', it worked but I found it difficult to control the spray i.e. often too much resulting in multiple pad changes. I would suggest you try the Vikan Head & Pad System or suitable equivalent on a suitable pole, spray the pad with pure or your chosen cleaner (Nilglass works well) and clean away.

Darren (Smudger) has posted on this topic, might be worth a search.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »
Thanks John. Do you mean the Vikan easy shine kit that Gardiners sell? They only come with a 12 foot pole max

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

johnwillan

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:55:16 pm »
You can fit the following items to a pole of your choice CLX/SLX etc. using Gardiner's Quick-Loc System (see Gooseneck Section)

Easy Shine Mop Frame
Quick-Loc easy Shine Adapter
Easy Shine Replacement Mop

HTH

John

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:20 am »
Ok. Thanks for your help guys.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 08:28:17 pm »
Hi John,

Sorry for the dumb questions... Easy shine mop frame plus easy shine replacement mop plus adapter... So I just attach the mop frame on my Slx or Clx then put the mop head on and just use as normal? So if working from a backpack I just turn on and off and away? Sorry i'm being extremely dumb can you talk me through what I would need to do?

Also how long would each mop head last? I have a largish indoor job with sash windows(individual panes) so how many would you order roughly? Thanks for your patience and apologies for the stupidity but i'm not actually sure how it all works?

johnwillan

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:11:48 am »
No worries. I would suggest lightly spray the "Mop" with your chosen cleaner (water, Nilglass etc) and wipe away, if you chose to use the back pack then I'd suggest purchasing the "Gardiner Over Spray".

Unfortunately I have no idea how many pads you will need, that is governed by size and condition of job, it might be a good idea to purchase a pack (5) and do a trial run.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 11:01:27 am »
I have a large "cleano" system which is an indoor system normally £315 but you can have it for £60

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 09:05:02 am »
Hi Darran

Sorry for late reply. What is this system? Is it any good? What brings you to sell it? Will have a look at what I can find out about it online and get back to you as I am clueless. Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 09:17:39 am »
Hi Darran

Have had a quick look and can see them for 215 pounds on cleaning warehouse. Can I ask what height it reaches to? As that one says 2 x 1.5 metres then another one I saw was 6 metres.. Looks quite simple to use. What are your opinions on them? Plus on maintained large showroom type glass how many large panes roughly could one pad clean? Just as a rough idea? I guess it depends on how high they can reach also.

Cheers

Thanks

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 09:19:22 am »
Ps Thank you John for the info. Will be very handy if this is the option I take.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 08:34:07 am »
Hi Darran

Sorry for late reply. What is this system? Is it any good? What brings you to sell it? Will have a look at what I can find out about it online and get back to you as I am clueless. Cheers

Hi Darran,Are you still selling the indoor system? Plus any answers to the questions would be great :-)

Cheers