This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Archy136

Re: whats your best paid job
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2006, 11:55:20 am »
Are you one of those window cleaners that do it for the love of window cleaning. Get real. Dont get sucked in by those sweet old dears. They re loaded! Put your prices up!!

D woods

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2006, 12:02:40 pm »
Hi Guys
Whenever the topic is about money it always ends in an argument, on this
forum (and in real life).

But I will add that I personally know of six window cleaners who earn over £1500 every single week.

Archy136

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2006, 12:06:28 pm »
I believe you.It definately possible. But you 'll probably get some 'smell the bacon' jokes on that one.

Morph

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 12:09:26 pm »
Are you one of those window cleaners that do it for the love of window cleaning. Get real. Dont get sucked in by those sweet old dears. They re loaded! Put your prices up!!

Nice!  Thanks for the advice.  I think I know how to manage my business, I've been at it since 1982!

You have no idea what my prices are, so no need to suggest I raise them.  In fact I may need to lower them!

It's only a matter of time before 'WATCHDOG', or some similar programme picks up on this forum..
Nick Campbell and his team will have a field day!

S.C.S

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 01:16:29 pm »
I love this forum  ;D

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 02:05:50 pm »
what can earn depends on where u live and the type of work u r doing its as simple as that.for if u live in london u can earn over a £1000  a week even on domestic properties

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 02:08:44 pm »
what u can earn depends on where u live and the type of work u r doing its as simple as that.for if u live in london u can earn over a £1000  a week even on domestic properties

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 02:17:25 pm »
Well £1500 a week is believable with the right work and a dedidated 40 hour week

That equates under £40 an hour which is more believable

Dave

sunshine windows

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 02:41:23 pm »
even though my biggest job is only £25 so far. I think i could realistically hit between £1000 to £1500 per week once i go wfp. Judging by what others have said on this forum regarding speed with wfp.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

sunshine windows

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 02:45:57 pm »
posted a bit too quick there.

The way i see it its this.

Average priced job £13. Three of these an hour = £39 per hour. A days solid work done 5 days a week =£1560

Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 02:49:11 pm »

And thats what we are doing, running a business. If you're happy with 20 000 a year then I dont see the point in this job.

I have been happy with that - and less in the past.  I went WFP at the start of the Winter and have been going through my learning curve.  In many respects, I have been marking time for the past few months making mistakes, learning, then making more mistakes and learning some more.  I now have the tools and a fair chunk of the knowhow to earn some serious money out there

The rest of my life starts today

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 05:11:24 pm »
even though my biggest job is only £25 so far. I think i could realistically hit between £1000 to £1500 per week once i go wfp. Judging by what others have said on this forum regarding speed with wfp.
I think you're going to get a shock.
It may speed you up a bit, maybe 20 or 30% on some jobs, not at all on others.
It's NOT going to multiply your turnover by 4 or 5 times! ;D

Even the most die-hard wfp flag wavers on here will tell you they've done up to 40% or so more work, which is good.
But NOT 500%. ::)

Like to see anyone do £1500 a week on my round.....

PJ:
You've had to put up with this guff about their prices half the day?
Glad I was at work mate! ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2006, 05:20:08 pm »
I think you're going to get a shock.
It may speed you up a bit, maybe 20 or 30% on some jobs, not at all on others.
It's NOT going to multiply your turnover by 4 or 5 times! ;D

Even the most die-hard wfp flag wavers on here will tell you they've done up to 40% or so more work, which is good.
But NOT 500%. ::)

Like to see anyone do £1500 a week on my round.....

PJ:
You've had to put up with this guff about their prices half the day?
Glad I was at work mate! ;D

I think you hit the point there Squeaky when you added the bit "........on my round".  That has been a part of my problem so far.  My round was built up without WFP in mind.  Therefore, the work I do is not all best suited to WFP.  To earn the serious money, I feel that I need to adjust much of my my business so that the work I do is the most suitable for the equipment I have (van mount, trolley, max 36 foot pole - so far).  Once I have done that, I don't think that £1,000 in a week will be beyond me. I don't anticipate being at that point this year though.  I'm not saying that I could do that every week either because I'm nudging 50 and feel I would struggle to sustain the pace.

Morph

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:29 pm »
Thank goodness you're back grumpy Squeaky!

With all these boasters, where do the new guys think they're gonna get the work from!  It doesn't fall from the sky..Like the rain!

I've just got back.  While I was out a Portugese guy asked me if I had any extra work,  he said he heard we make loads with these poles!  I'm not kidding.
Hmmm.

Archy136

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2006, 05:38:15 pm »
Only joking about the 'Old Dears'. Always treat the '£5.50' Old Dear' the same as I would my best paying customer...with respect. That s a big part in getting good loyal customers.

Johnboyfree

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2006, 05:48:43 pm »
Pj..I like a along the watch tower......I live in an expensive part of the world doing trad....but I am changing so that I may earn more,only thing is......will I enjoy it as much ;D or will the need for speed and money take over? :(I like talking to my customers,only did 2 today because of rain but took nearly 3 hrs with cups of tea etc.I think I must be simple ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2006, 05:51:07 pm »
I like talking to my customers,only did 2 today because of rain but took nearly 3 hrs with cups of tea etc.I think I must be simple ;D ;D ;D
Ah, why not mate.
I do the same sometimes. :)

Armadillo.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2006, 05:53:56 pm »
I think the extra you earn with wfp only goes to cancel out the extra expenses
Van
Extra fuel
WFP system
On going maintainance IE resin ,new brushes etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc  it never ends.

The only benefit i get is safety and that is all that interests me apart from the monotomy of ladders all day long ,it is such a pleasure just for me to wave by big pole about and squirt everything.

Ah wheres the skill gone.

Well i aint complaining

Dave

Morph

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2006, 05:54:41 pm »
Pj..I like a along the watch tower......I live in an expensive part of the world doing trad....but I am changing so that I may earn more,only thing is......will I enjoy it as much ;D or will the need for speed and money take over? :(I like talking to my customers,only did 2 today because of rain but took nearly 3 hrs with cups of tea etc.I think I must be simple ;D ;D ;D

You do it your way johnboy
You will earn more, but you don't have to be driven only by 'big bucks'.
Enjoy

And yes, same as Dave.safety first.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2006, 06:17:23 pm »
I think the extra you earn with wfp only goes to cancel out the extra expenses
Van
Extra fuel
WFP system
On going maintainance IE resin ,new brushes etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc  it never ends.

The only benefit i get is safety and that is all that interests me apart from the monotomy of ladders all day long ,it is such a pleasure just for me to wave by big pole about and squirt everything.

Ah wheres the skill gone.

Well i aint complaining

Dave
Very honest post Dave.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it, but I'm not allowed to suggest that.... ::)
It is mainly a safety thing.

Refreshing around here with all the wfp boasting. :)