This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: NON-PAYER-ADVISE PLEASE
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 06:59:00 am »
small claims or revenge are the only options it seems

A lack of options usually stems from a lack of imagination.

You could just 'let it go'.  Yeh, I know, it seems like the weak option, but try it; it takes some strength to do it in reality.

Saying that, I usually go down the 'harbouring a grudge and thinking of revenge route' before I let it go. 

Another option is to go down the legal route, but still kinda 'let it go'.   

I think the point I'm clumsily trying to make is that they've taken our time and effort, don't let 'em take our peace of mind too.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 07:44:14 pm »
hoody with a small hole cut in the side to poke a barrel out of , then simply walk pass at night with a powered water pistol full of brake fluid job done

Brake fluid? What does this do?

Sounds pretty good.
It strips the paint off cars  ;D lol

I bet you'd feel bad about it after though.  And is anyone really so sneaky and cowardly to do this kind of thing?

I'd rather just confront the customer.

I have one who I've left a message on their phone about payment; I'll phone them again this week.  If there's no joy I'll just make their address part of my running route and keep knocking till I speak to the guy, face-to-face.

feel bad no not at all, even better when you do it the second time after 8 0r 9 months go buy after they have had it in the paint shop and had it put right ,

Tom White

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 08:11:25 pm »
hoody with a small hole cut in the side to poke a barrel out of , then simply walk pass at night with a powered water pistol full of brake fluid job done

Brake fluid? What does this do?

Sounds pretty good.
It strips the paint off cars  ;D lol

I bet you'd feel bad about it after though.  And is anyone really so sneaky and cowardly to do this kind of thing?

I'd rather just confront the customer.

I have one who I've left a message on their phone about payment; I'll phone them again this week.  If there's no joy I'll just make their address part of my running route and keep knocking till I speak to the guy, face-to-face.

feel bad no not at all, even better when you do it the second time after 8 0r 9 months go buy after they have had it in the paint shop and had it put right ,

I bet you're a lady who keeps a lot of cats.  Or staffies.

G Griffin

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:06 pm »
Have you ever been involved in a shootout with a likeminded customer as a result of doing this?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tosh

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 09:03:47 pm »

That is a truly stupid and idiotic thing to write. If that were ever done, 8 or 9 months down the line with the vehicle having already been repaired, you would deserve everything that you get as a result. Karma is a wonderful concept for people like you.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 06:36:44 pm »
lol you guys need to go out more

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 02:10:29 pm »
the best way is to try to focus on not letting it happen again.

we make all new customers pay by DD and set it up before we book in their first clean

its not a big amount of money they owe in the scene of things so its more sensible to focus your energy on making a clear business decision like i have mentioned.

it is bloody frustrating though.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk