This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Who's using Todge's Waffle cloths?
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:23:47 pm »
Serious question.

I have another manor house to quote, I've quoted for the outsides and now they want a quote for the insides. I really don't need the hassle but If I get it I'm going to have to do it.  :( Georgian pane windows, lots of them, I was going to blade them but there could be some very expensive carpets and decor about. So just maybe the famous waffle cloths might have to be aquired  :o

So .......... just how good are they? How many do you get through in a solid days work? I've tried microfibres of varying quality in the past and have never been impressed.

dazmond

Re: Who's using Todge's Waffle cloths?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:37:21 pm »
YOU DONT HAVE TO CLEAN THEM DAVE!!

seriously i just tell them i dont clean insides(if it looks like a PITA)and tell them to get their domestic cleaner to clean them.ive said this to various large domestic customers/jobs and i still clean the outsides years down the line.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »
I have suggested they use a cleaning company.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:12:58 am »
Serious question.

I have another manor house to quote, I've quoted for the outsides and now they want a quote for the insides. I really don't need the hassle but If I get it I'm going to have to do it.  :( Georgian pane windows, lots of them, I was going to blade them but there could be some very expensive carpets and decor about. So just maybe the famous waffle cloths might have to be aquired  :o

So .......... just how good are they? How many do you get through in a solid days work? I've tried microfibres of varying quality in the past and have never been impressed.
Dave for cleaning/detailing Georgian window panes we also promote microfiber (HPD) High Performance Detailing cloths which are far better for your application  than little waffle weave glass cloths, HPD microfiber cloths are unbelievable on Georgian panes, just use one barley damp with water to clean the glass as you clean/detail tight into the edges and corners, then just use a second HPD cloth dry and buff off for a crystal clear finish. If you like bang me an email and i will be happy to send you on info and pricing.  Tadgh

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 08:00:58 am »
i use the large unger microwipes(bright green!)and find them excellent with a spray bottle of pure/gg3 for buffing.
price higher/work harder!

lal

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 03:36:28 pm »
Serious question.

Hi Dave, to answer your question, some time back, i bought some more waffle cloths off Tadgh, but these are the newer
bigger even more absorbent green ones which are excellent for interior glass cleaning & detailing, but i also bought some
HPD  (high Performance Detailing) cloths which Tadgh highly recommend, i used these the other week on a semi with
georgian style windows, i wfp the exterior, but she had just put in brand new expensive carpets through out the house and
was worried about me bringing my bucket  and trad gear in, so i used these HPD cloths instead, one slightly damp and one
dry to buff up with, i swear they are the dogs b-ll--ks, no smears or marks left, i used 6 cloths for the whole house, i can't
recommend them enough.

Regards
Lal

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 05:11:24 pm »
I also use Tadgh's HPD cloths for insides.

I thoroughly recommend them. They are well worth the money.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »
They are excellent

We clean a complete hospital with waffle cloths

We also use some great cloths from paragon "fishscale" I think they are called theses are also brill
http://www.paragonmicrofibre.com/cloths/fishscale-glass-cloth

Tadgh - please get a website - when you do I'll order more from you 👍

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 09:32:36 pm »
I was ragging a few windows today too with paragon fishscale one damp and others dry.
Brilliant cloths for that type of work and to be honest I don't need to use anything else.

Paragon also sell waffle cloths too but I've never had the need to try them.

ray mck

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:46:11 pm »
tagda  yep get a web site👍🏻

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:36 pm »
Tadgh ..... As above , you'll sell a whole lot more stuff if you get a website 👍

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 09:18:34 am »
Tadgh, totally agree about the website.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

lal

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 10:31:20 am »

Tadgh sorry to sound like an echo, but i agree with the above comments, you seriously need to sort out a website soon.

Regards
 Lal

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 12:48:28 pm »
Or even an eBay account  ???

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 03:46:44 pm »
Yip. I just bought from elsewhere, someone with a working sales website.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 01:05:48 am »
Hi guys i get it and there is no problem, again once my problem is sorted i will be happy to share the reasons for this ongoing delay with having an online shopping cart. Tadgh

Johnny B

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 06:23:03 am »
I was ragging a few windows today too with paragon fishscale one damp and others dry.
Brilliant cloths for that type of work and to be honest I don't need to use anything else.

Paragon also sell waffle cloths too but I've never had the need to try them.

I use the Paragon fishscale cloths for detailing. I have found find that they are better if used slightly damp.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 07:43:25 am »
sorry Tadgh but if you can't be arsed to sort yourself out then I won't be buying. I don't do business like that. I want a secure site, I want receipts, proof of purchase, contact details, images. You could be working out of the cupboard under your stairs for all I know.
GET A SITE and I will buy - so would 20,000 others on here if your products are as good as you say.

What's wrong with you man?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:06 am »
start to finish a shopping cart site would take approx 6-10 weeks.

How many years has it been?

Soupy

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 07:57:33 am »
Hi guys i get it and there is no problem, again once my problem is sorted i will be happy to share the reasons for this ongoing delay with having an online shopping cart. Tadgh

As suggested even an eBay account.  You could have it up and running in a day.