Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darran Pryce

Re: Dynamall
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 06:30:30 am »
Maybe it's the places it's used in that causes it......little or no ventilation and as John says use it closer to carpet....I took the wife with me on one at Xmas and she was coughing as well although it didn't seem to bother the security guy.

We always spray close to the  carpets,  so not to get the spray over the plug sockets etc (as some are so close to the floor).   Might be a ventilation thing.  Remember when we did help link offices JS and all the staff were coughing... :-)

I have a large commercial floor space booked in for 10 today...  I'll see spraying even lower to the floor will make any difference.

tim handley

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 08:15:20 am »
did some trials last night with zip dry encap t and release with oxybrake,  working on large open plan call centre
and both products look very very promising.................
after extracting a large office which was really minging and taking out bucket after bucket off black water i went over
with these two, spraying down then bonnetting and they bought the carpet right back to life, very good!!!!

JandS

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 08:33:12 am »
Wasn't that the old stuff Darran with the higher mix ratio....the 1:10........the new stuff isn't half as bad.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 09:14:51 pm »
In SDS simply states re: Inhalation - May cause irritation.
http://www.dynamall.co.uk/img/page/MSDS%20Dynamall.pdf_page_image.pdf
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

john martin

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 09:34:14 pm »
In SDS simply states re: Inhalation - May cause irritation.
http://www.dynamall.co.uk/img/page/MSDS%20Dynamall.pdf_page_image.pdf

nearly all products carry a similar warning these days as far a i can see .
look up the data sheet for johnsons baby powder and it says  ' may cause irritation to upper repository tract '   but they wouldn't let it near babies if it was a risk .
I still think any likely coughing cause is the DPM mentioned in the data sheet , glycol ester  ...  fairly harmless but does make my eyes water a bit in other products if im in a confined space and there is a strongish  smell of it .   

Bernd

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »
Maybe it's the places it's used in that causes it......little or no ventilation and as John says use it closer to carpet....I took the wife with me on one at Xmas and she was coughing as well although it didn't seem to bother the security guy.

We always spray close to the  carpets,  so not to get the spray over the plug sockets etc (as some are so close to the floor).   Might be a ventilation thing.  Remember when we did help link offices JS and all the staff were coughing... :-)

I have a large commercial floor space booked in for 10 today...  I'll see spraying even lower to the floor will make any difference.

Darran, did you notice any difference when spraying lower to the floor on your last job? Did it make any difference?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 08:48:27 am »
I couldn't really go much lower,  otherwise the spray jet would be on the floor...   We opened all the doors and windows, still made Shaun and myself cough, not as much mind you due to ventilation.

JandS

Darran Pryce

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 11:31:26 am »
Your nemesis Darran.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/bubbleandsqueakcleaningservices?source=feed_text&story_id=1125090847512908

With his prices he is desperate for work. I'm established, doesnt bother me.   Looks like he is using some DIY carpet machine looking at that wand.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 01:15:10 pm »
Don't you become immune to it? Sod met used to make me cough but not anymore.

Dynamall never made be cough at all, In fact I love the smell and customers always comment on how nice it is. That's sicking to the dilution rate, never went any higher.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 05:23:23 pm »

Dynamall never made be cough at all, In fact I love the smell and customers always comment on how nice it is. That's sicking to the dilution rate, never went any higher.

That's good if it never made you cough... That doesn't mean it might not make others cough.  Also I'm not knocking the smell, yes it's nice and I too get customers commenting  how nice it is.  What I am saying is it makes me cough even at the "Correct dilution rate",  and makes others cough too.  Always spray down near the carpet, as with any pre spray... it's just one of these things, some it will make cough, others it won't.  The product is still very good, and will continue to use it. 

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 05:31:54 pm »

That's good if it never made you cough... That doesn't mean it might not make others cough.  Also I'm not knocking the smell, yes it's nice and I too get customers commenting  how nice it is.  What I am saying is it makes me cough even at the "Correct dilution rate",  and makes others cough too.  Always spray down near the carpet, as with any pre spray... it's just one of these things, some it will make cough, others it won't.  The product is still very good, and will continue to use it.

Yeah I'm glad i'm one of the lucky one's  ;D wear a mask!  ;D

des

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 10:45:05 pm »

Some thing makes me cough and I stop using it .Listen to your body.
des at mister clean

stuart_clark

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 08:17:56 pm »
Releassit DS is a fantastic all round Encapsulation product , but is no longer available, or certainly not at the present, Dynamal is probably the best and certainly the most economical peroxide based product out there , when I use it through my Chemstractor or Cimex there isnt a problem , but when its sprayd down , I cough like mad, and its nothing to do with dilution rates because ive mixed it at 25/1 and 10/1 but its still the same , ive used course and fine jets but I still get problems
I would love to know what Zero Dry time do differently so there isnt a problem with coughing

Stuart

dustee

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 11:23:20 pm »
Whats  Procaps like ?

Bernd

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2016, 06:50:02 pm »
I noticed when spraying down wih 4-6 bar or  60 to  90 psi with my gloria profiline sprayer i i tend to cough,,,when using  less pressure i have no problem... 

dustee

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
Whats the typical drying time of Dynamall or any other encap for that matter , when used with a CRB  and on domestics

Darran Pryce

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 05:18:36 pm »
Depends on how much you put down, heat in the property etc!   I know with commercial 30 min max. 

Depending on traffic on domestic, carpets have dried within an hour. 

JandS

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 05:26:26 pm »
Doing college corridors over Easter w/e........approx 10m sections spray down and 2 minute dwell.....it was that hot had to re apply as I was agitating to stop brush sticking. so very quick drying.