Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam Eastman

Re: Carpet shrinkage
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 11:28:33 pm »
claiming on your house insurance is different than claiming for damage to items being worked on.You compensate to the item value, prior to item being damaged, not to the value of the item when new.

Lee G

Thanks for clarifying Lee, as that type of insurance claim isn't something I'm familiar with. Normally it's policy holder that's damaged carpet or tradesman that have been working on the house have damaged flooring, and then it's always been old for new replacement.

If Adrian was to make a claim in this example, would his insurance company send out a loss adjuster to value the carpet in its current condition, before it was cleaned and then give Adrian the opportunity to replace the goods himself with goods to that value if it worked out less then his excess?

Paul Moss

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 05:59:41 am »
People come across problems like this from time to time with dodgy carpets or poor fitting or even God forbid poor cleaning/ drying practices.
I have a couple of great carpet fitters that I use, if they could not correct it for me then it would be a replacement of a similar carpet ( at cost price to me)

Get your self some good local contacts in the trade as every now and again you will need them.
And from time to time they will need you too  ;)

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 07:10:22 am »
I would go for a top notch carpet fitter, If that fails it will be a new carpet regardless of age You may be able to negotiate with the customer, but be aware the customer will probably want like for like. Do whatever it takes but keep your reputation intact.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 11:51:26 am »
The idea that putting things right will protect your reputation is not right in my opinion, you will always be the company that ruined thier carpet whether you replace it or not.

And thats what they will tell thier friends, they will say " he ruined our carpet and had to replace it"  not because your are so professional but because you are crap.

Once you make a c0ck up your reputation has gone you can put things right but don't think for a moment you have repaired your good reputation with that customer..... They only remember the mistake you made
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Adam Eastman

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 12:17:33 pm »
The idea that putting things right will protect your reputation is not right in my opinion, you will always be the company that ruined thier carpet whether you replace it or not.

And thats what they will tell thier friends, they will say " he ruined our carpet and had to replace it"  not because your are so professional but because you are crap.

Once you make a c0ck up your reputation has gone you can put things right but don't think for a moment you have repaired your good reputation with that customer..... They only remember the mistake you made

Not sure that's really the best stance to take, if you make a mistake hold your hands up before the customer notices it if possible and sort the issue professionally. That has always been my theory which has worked for me from the carpet fitting and retailing side. I could name a few customers where I have made a mistake, held my hands up, and they have come back to me time and time again and refered me to their friends because of the honest, good old fashioned customer service they received, even when I cocked their job up the first time round!!

Hilton

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 12:49:13 pm »

A certain number of customers would of course hold hold your view but to say that all would is clearly not the case as many would testify to.