This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Re: Overpricing
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »
I'll be over pricing con roofs and fascias from now on don't wan em!

I don't mind fascias as can normally get a good price for them. Conservatory roofs not so high, a normal conservatory roof is about £70, which I think should be more because of the agg and the amount of water they take up. I think people think because the windows seem to be cleaned fairly quickly and simply a conservatory roof is quick and simple too..?

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 06:19:22 pm »
i cleaned a conny roof this afternoon(last job of the day).it took me an hour.i charged him £60 but he gave me £65.im happy with that. :)

he was very pleased as his window cleaner doesnt clean roofs.i used very hot water and virosol which helped a lot. ;)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 07:02:52 pm »
How do you find that virisol

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »
Mine's just behind my bucket - I can find it in two minutes  ???

deeege

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »

I put mine in an illuminous orange bottle, never lose it then!
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 09:17:11 pm »
Mine's just behind my bucket - I can find it in two minutes  ???
Nice one Dave that emblem on your profile is that a cock.

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 09:27:56 pm »

I bought mine through eBay

NWH

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
I've already got 10 litres thanks anyway.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 09:30:03 pm »
I meant how did he find it to use,on some PVC if you leave it for a while the crap almost drops off on its own.

8weekly

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 09:46:12 pm »
I meant how did he find it to use,on some PVC if you leave it for a while the crap almost drops off on its own.
I just spray it on, go for a fAg, then knock for the money.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »

A while back Matt posted a response to something like this. I can't remember the exact wording, but I liked it. Something like, "he will only be able to do it for that price by being really fast and cutting corners". I would think with that sort of price difference the guy would see that immediately. Tbh, it would have been a much more like to succeed response than yours.

Not always the case, another windy undercut our price for a plush complex last year by over 70% it used to take four of us 3 hours to do a complete in/out clean - he was trad and on his own and took 4 days to complete the site

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:24 pm »
I just spray it on, go for a fAg, then knock for the money.

Surely you mean a cigar  ;)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 10:18:00 pm »

A while back Matt posted a response to something like this. I can't remember the exact wording, but I liked it. Something like, "he will only be able to do it for that price by being really fast and cutting corners". I would think with that sort of price difference the guy would see that immediately. Tbh, it would have been a much more like to succeed response than yours.

Not always the case, another windy undercut our price for a plush complex last year by over 70% it used to take four of us 3 hours to do a complete in/out clean - he was trad and on his own and took 4 days to complete the site

Darran
It's scary isn't it that some people are happy to work for say £10 an hour on a self employed basis and think they're doing well because it's more than they'd get in a factory.  That's what I meant earlier in the thread.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 10:58:49 pm »

Darran
It's scary isn't it that some people are happy to work for say £10 an hour on a self employed basis and think they're doing well because it's more than they'd get in a factory.  That's what I meant earlier in the thread.
I agree with that I've never understood anyone saying  £20 an hour is good when you add everything up that's poor money being self employed,just shows you even the people doing this job still don't see it as a business when you here prices mentioned. They want to get out there and canvass a few free roofs like me lol

Smurf

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 11:00:13 pm »
Do you ever deliberately put in ridiculously high prices because you just can't be arsed with certain jobs.

I can't stand cleaning internals, whether it's on domestic or commercial, so always price high.

I have some very well paid work off the back of this, but still don't enjoy cleaning them

I had one today which was an extended semi PITA of a job and did not really want to do it so gave a price of £350.
The price included to clear the guttering, clean all plastics on 3 sides and then clean the windows.
To my suprise they said "YES... when can you do it"  so just goes to show you can't bloody win ???

After that quote I went to do that gutter clearing job I was on about Lance for £300 that took me less than 2 hours to do.
All things considering it was quite a productive day... Well 2 & a bit hours of it anyway  ;D

NWH

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2016, 11:04:55 pm »
You'd win if you got someone to do it for £250 you could say to em let me know when your nearly done I'll be round in time to knock for the money lol

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 11:51:43 pm »
You'd win if you got someone to do it for £250 you could say to em let me know when your nearly done I'll be round in time to knock for the money lol

How much  ???  I was thinking more like paying someone  £50 ;D

Stoots

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 07:29:07 am »
Did someone say they wouldn't get out of bed for 180 a day!

Just goes to show one man's cheap is another's expensive.

Not bad living down south then eh

Tom-01

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 07:48:28 am »

Thats very true actually mate. We had Location Location Location on last night (I wanted to watch Last of the Mohicans but never mind). A 4 bed house in a nice street in Nottingham was £170k. A two bedroom flat beneath us just sold for £350k. No garden, and space for one car. The other flat with a horrible old kitchen and a tiny bit of garden is renting for £2k a month - it wasn't even on the market 3 days! So prices here are reflected on the area.

Saying that £180 a day labour is £900 a week, if he's not buying materials out of that and that is his wage its not horrendous by any means, as long as he is busy every day.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 08:17:38 am »

london,wimbledon,surrey etc is very expensive.£180 a day is like earning £80-£100 a day up north.my brother rented a house in wimbledon for £1800 a month for years! ::)roll.my rent is £300 a month so he was spending an extra 18k a year on rent!plus an absolute nightmare to park your car!

he s now bought an end terraced house with his missus in surrey for .........wait for it............£370,000!!! :o

i can fully understand window cleaners charging a lot more down south.its house prices/rent thats crippling mainly.
price higher/work harder!