Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

homenclean

Re: Prices on websites..............Good idea?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 11:13:43 pm »
I' m not expensive compared to a lot but I generally quote £50 to do a lounge 3 + 2 seater sofa around £100 so not ott but got a shock when quoted lounge carpet before  Christmas at £50 and the guy said quote " the polish lad will do it for £25" so why is he still ringing round - does he want it done for less than that?

John

bennymon

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 09:56:33 am »
Yes

derek west

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 11:56:19 am »
I' m not expensive compared to a lot but I generally quote £50 to do a lounge 3 + 2 seater sofa around £100 so not ott but got a shock when quoted lounge carpet before  Christmas at £50 and the guy said quote " the polish lad will do it for £25" so why is he still ringing round - does he want it done for less than that?

John
hes still phoning round because he knows how cheap he can get it, he just  doesnt want to use the polish lad, we get it occasionally where they only want us to do it but at someone elses price, makes us chuckle.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 01:17:19 pm »
Hi Guys

If you have  prices on your website you are competing on just price, potential customers are unlikely to ring for more info.

I can get a pretty good idea , say within 5 seconds the likely-hood of the caller being the sort of customer who I want and who wants me.

Some customers are receptive to new arguments but the vast majority have already made up their minds the price which hey are prepared to pay.

Cheers

Doug

tim handley

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2016, 04:32:55 pm »
some good stuff here, ive read it all and mulled it over... prices are coming off my site......................

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »
Derek has it sussed I think Dave Ingram once said it was Champagne at Lemonade prices which describes it nicely, however you cast your marketing net you will always get those who want professionalism on the cheap.

Ian Harper

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 08:54:23 am »
Tim

yes you can and it works, but you must show what value you are giving as price is judged on all services being the same. by having your message show and tell prospects that price is not the thing they should use to choose a carpet cleaner you will stand out.

USP is about how you are different and why. most prospects dont know any other ways to judge a carpet cleaner thats why JP wrote the consumers guide. educating prospects. price without a message will not work and thats what most that put prices on marketing dont understand

Also selling by packages will sow a seed that all services are not the same. you will be surprised how different each carpet cleaners service is. thats why prices differ as well as high overheads.

why should a customer pay with light soil and no stains pay the same as one with high soil and loads of stains. or empty rooms compared with ones filler with stuff they want moved? This is what you need to get over in your message.

BTW there is nothing wrong with a basic service (just cleaning carpets) after all when they phone this is what they are asking for. furniture moving, etc should be extra cost. time is money. 

So when prospects and other carpet cleaners judge you on price without details then it like comparing apples with oranges.

BTW the view that low price equals poor service is bad. and high price equals good, is rubbish. this goes to the heart of what I am saying that value is key. saying someone that is low price is uneducated in cleaning is wrong. Prospects will take it as said that anyone that is in business is a professional. thats why scammers get away with what they do.

its basic economics that market forces drive price. dont take my word for it. do a split test. which you should always be doing. once you get a bench mark you can try and better it. drive two different message to two different pages. this way the market will tell you which is best. One reason adwords is so great.

below is a very old example of how to show value, your welcome to use

Respects

Steve Chapman

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 10:48:51 am »
I always think its bad marketing to downgrade the competition, you can't possibly know what every other carpet cleaner is doing.

By all means emphasize what YOU do and why you are value for money, but I find when a trade rubbishes others I'm not interested...... its sloppy marketing.........

JandS

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 06:35:39 pm »
Yes....a lot of the "others" could probably answer yes to your questions so.....in fact it's almost libellous.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.