This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: Why would a customer use a large window cleaning company?
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 09:40:00 am »
My view on this is that many people don't consciously think about the size of the window cleaning company they are using. They want their windows cleaned for a price they agree is reasonable to a standard they accept, at an agreed frequency. Trust is important, but it begins with the initial contract made between customer and service provider, be it verbally or in writing.

If all criteria are met and maintained, the business relationship will continue. If any are broken, then it will be at risk. Whether it's a sole trader or a national conglomerate, it's irrelevant imho.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SeanK

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 09:45:29 am »
if I took on 5 guys tomorrow it wouldn't make any difference in how my customers thought of me as long as the quality didn't change.

Have you asked them? Or are you assuming?

Assuming.

Mick Kent

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:02 am »
Of course customers prefere the personal touch of 1 friendly happy reliable guy as opposed to someone different each time.
I dont think there are many professional domestic outfits with multiple vans  about compared to 1 man outfits, i know of a few but all have old vans and always have to go through lots of staff due to problems and the fact noone will take the pride in the work that  is done as much as you. 1 man outfits tend to take more pride in everything they do, Dazmond is a prime example of this.
The guys doing well with multiple vans where it doesnt matter who does the job are the  big commercial companies. You dont see any well known domestic companies out there, and the ones that are about never do as well as they make out.
Domestic customer like the personal touch where as commercial want to see a big multiple van company.
If i started out again id keep it simple like Daz.

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 11:35:15 am »
I'm of the opinion that if you pat peanuts you get monkeys. If you recruit non knuckle heads, pay them well and treat them well, they will do a good job.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »
I would love to know where you get your staff from I've paid peanuts and paid well got the same results they all want time off to go on Jeremy Kyle lol

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 07:18:02 pm »
I would love to know where you get your staff from I've paid peanuts and paid well got the same results they all want time off to go on Jeremy Kyle lol

Nigel I think you need to stop recruiting from your bowls club  ;D

Good staff are out there, but you need to be a good employer to get good staff. Initially I had resistance from customers when I first employed, but this stopped over time, customers may get one of four different guys clean their windows it's never a problem, all have uniform, all are polite, and they put their name on the "yours were cleaned today card"

Many, many new cleans I've picked up have been from unreliable/rude one man bands, there's good and bad of every type of biz.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 07:20:33 pm »
Yeah i do m8 there all to old they can't stand the pace lol🏋🏿🏋🏿🏋🏿