This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: Minus seven
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 04:55:54 pm »
Blimey that was a sharp one!
Had a tube heater in the van overnight under my Fogwash and next to the pump. Trouble was all the pole hoses and taps froze up, even the reel which was under a duvet. Got some work done ten the pole hose split and sprayed me up my backside, then pole tap fell apart  ::)roll
One of them days.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 05:24:19 pm »
It's been a nightmare of a day today...managed to get a few done though.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 05:28:02 pm »
Minus four here at 9am.

I had 400L on board and immersion on from 5pm til 11pm last night then 7.30 til 9 am today.

Started first job at 9.30 am. Lovely and sunny round the back, no probs with ice. Round the fronts a bit of ice on glass on the porch doors which warmed up with the tepid water. Cills still icy.

Brushed away the water from doorsteps by front doors and tradded one porch door to avoid loads of water on the ground and shook a bit of dishwasher salt down but no need after about noon. Lovely day - thermals, thinsulate hat, gloves and supple hoses.

Lunchtime - sat in the van with heater on drinking hot veg soup from a flask with cheese rolls. Yum! Thanks Mrs. Gold - and a flask of coffee/hotchoc mix and a packet of hobnobs to keep me going.

A bit slower because of salting and brushing but the nights are drawing out and all got finished by 4.00 pm.
It's a game of three halves!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 05:33:43 pm »
Started when it was -2 and finished on 7c

Haven't lost any time due to weather. I spent ages making a heated insulated RO/DI box and blanket/rad setup.

Only issue we had was older transit wouldn't start. Quick 5 min charge and she started up just fine.

ChumBucket

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 05:36:31 pm »
Immersion on 2am to 7am. Van all toasty and ready to go first thing, nothing frozen due to 500ltr radiator in van. In fact, had a bit of steam at the brush today!! ;D

NWH

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 05:39:12 pm »
At times it was laughable this morning with the hot water there was so much steam coming from the brush it looked like it was on fire lol

Steven Biggs

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »
Oh diddums  it sounds like the southern fairies didn't know how to handle a bit of cold weather .  ;D

Tom-01

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 06:16:17 pm »
Oh diddums  it sounds like the southern fairies didn't know how to handle a bit of cold weather .  ;D

It doesn't matter though with the prices we can charge  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 06:19:35 pm »

It doesn't matter though with the prices we can charge  ;D

;D ;D

DaveG

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:58 pm »
Don't worry will soon be talking about sunglasses and sunblock
You can't polish a turd

sunshine windows

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 06:27:10 pm »
All scheduled work completed for me  ;D

One of the other lads forgot to put his heater in the van though. Didn't get working till 1pm  ::)roll
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 06:44:57 pm »
Minus four here at 9am.

I had 400L on board and immersion on from 5pm til 11pm last night then 7.30 til 9 am today.

Started first job at 9.30 am. Lovely and sunny round the back, no probs with ice. Round the fronts a bit of ice on glass on the porch doors which warmed up with the tepid water. Cills still icy.

Brushed away the water from doorsteps by front doors and tradded one porch door to avoid loads of water on the ground and shook a bit of dishwasher salt down but no need after about noon. Lovely day - thermals, thinsulate hat, gloves and supple hoses.

Lunchtime - sat in the van with heater on drinking hot veg soup from a flask with cheese rolls. Yum! Thanks Mrs. Gold - and a flask of coffee/hotchoc mix and a packet of hobnobs to keep me going.

A bit slower because of salting and brushing but the nights are drawing out and all got finished by 4.00 pm.

sounds like a good days work done gold. :)

me?i dragged my aching body down to the barbers and had my car valeted across the road while having haircut followed by a brew made for me in the e cig shop while waiting for the guy to finish polishing my wheels.(im taking it in for MOT in the morning) then straight back home to bed.

im sacking the rest of the week off now.itll take me 4 or 5 days to recover from this. ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 06:46:29 pm »
It doesn't matter how much you charge . It's still not enough compensation for living south of Yorkshire .  :)

deeege

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 06:50:02 pm »
I bet the barber loved cutting a flued up Dazmonds hair! He'll need the rest of the week off aswell now!  ;D

Full day done here. Was 2 degrees at 6:45am here in Cheshire. Are you lot with the sub zero temps down south?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 06:54:58 pm »
I bet the barber loved cutting a flued up Dazmonds hair! He'll need the rest of the week off aswell now!  ;D

Full day done here. Was 2 degrees at 6:45am here in Cheshire. Are you lot with the sub zero temps down south?

the barber guy hardly speaks a word of english danny!(turkish barbers)so i just sat there and hardly spoke with my eyes closed most of the time. ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »
Minus four here at 9am.

me?i dragged my aching body down to the barbers and had my car valeted across the road while having haircut followed by a brew made for me in the e cig shop while waiting for the guy to finish polishing my wheels.(im taking it in for MOT in the morning) then straight back home to bed.

im sacking the rest of the week off now.itll take me 4 or 5 days to recover from this. ::)roll

Don't tell me you e-cig daz? It's just as bad as normal cigs you know!

Thought you were the full figure of healthiness now.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Rich Wilts

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 07:00:01 pm »
On the glass at10.00 here. Full days money done by 3.30.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »

the barber guy hardly speaks a word of english danny!(turkish barbers)so i just sat there and hardly spoke with my eyes closed most of the time. ;D

Aah that explains it I saw you earlier & thought you must of had your eyes closed whilst getting your hair cut, looks like the barber did too  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

DaveG

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 07:13:06 pm »
On the glass at10.00 here. Full days money done by 3.30.

;D ;D

On the glass at 9, a tropical 1 C here. Full days money done by 1..  I love it down here  :)
You can't polish a turd

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:04 pm »
Minus four here at 9am.

Don't tell me you e-cig daz? It's just as bad as normal cigs you know!

Thought you were the full figure of healthiness now.

yep jonny.ive been vaping about 5 years now although i never use it when working.not smoked a cig in 5 years.i love it.its the only vice i have these days! ;D

its far less harmful than tobacco for sure.i hate the smell of proper cigarettes now.