This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Which van insurance?
« on: December 29, 2015, 06:03:00 pm »
I've been with A-Plan for last few years but just had renewal letter saying that next years insurance has risen by 20% even though I haven't made any claims.  I've done a Go Compare comparison but not many on there will insure if you have a water tank!
So who do you use and how much do you pay etc?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Smurf

Re: Which van insurance?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »
You could always try contacting A-Plan directly to see if they will give you a better price.
After all they are just brokers on commission for Ageas.

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:39:42 pm »
You could always try contacting A-Plan directly to see if they will give you a better price.
After all they are just brokers on commission for Ageas.

Try Aviva. They accepted my van with a 650 liter tank this year.  Ageas tried to take my eyes out this year with insurance. I've been with them for 9 years with full no claims.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 07:43:58 pm »
Spruce if you don't mind me asking how much did you save by switching to Aviva?

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:35:43 pm »
oh dear im with Aplan and mines coming up for renewal :o

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 08:49:50 am »
Spruce if you don't mind me asking how much did you save by switching to Aviva?

I linked it onto my car insurance which is currently with Aviva.  It cost me £187 which included full road side assist for 10 months cover. I also included my son on the cover although he isn't allowed to drive the van when cleaning his customers.

Ageas wanted £245 to start off with. When I reported that my wife had been involved in an accident,  Ageis upper the insurance cost by another £120.00. (She was also insured with Ageas.) According to them I received a discount having her as a secondary driver.  After asking to have her removed the price stayed the same of £365.00. Apparently it made no difference that she had insured her no claims bonus.

Ageas appears to be getting a little to big for its boots. I was quite prepared to take my 650 liter tank out of my van and replace it with a 500 liter tank which makes it easier to insure.

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:18 am »
I've been with A-Plan for last few years but just had renewal letter saying that next years insurance has risen by 20% even though I haven't made any claims.  I've done a Go Compare comparison but not many on there will insure if you have a water tank!

Ive just switched to aplan. They were cheapest. Also giving me more cover than previous.

I'd do as advised and speak to someone on the phone. See what they can do.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 10:39:15 am »

Ive just switched to aplan. They were cheapest. Also giving me more cover than previous.

I'd do as advised and speak to someone on the phone. See what they can do.

I have no issues with APlan. The broker I used was excellent. Its just Ageas. The accident my wife had changed the whole dynamics of my insurance situation.

If they up the insurance costs by £120 on each of our 3 vehicles, then they will recoup their payout in 3 years. I can see us having to insure our vehicles separately in the future with only the insured as the driver.

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 01:59:26 pm »
Now into my 5th year with A-Plan and premiums have always reduced each year even this year despite have a much more expensive truck .

I aint prepared to go with anyone else as they cant offer me a replacement vehicle with a fully fitted system if needed and A-Plan customer service for me is first class and i deal with the same people every time i ring the office not some numpty in call centre who doesn't have a clue .

johnny bravo

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 04:21:48 pm »
give gladiator a ring,   cheapest for me by a mile,    only second year in van, yes they do go upto 500 litre tanks.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 08:17:33 am »
My A plan reduced on one of my vans that has a 1000ltr thermopure in it... Went down by about 15%.  Would like to find a competitive policy that will have all 3 vans on it and save money.
Aviva have one of my vans and that goes down every year. 4th year now.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire