This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: Window Cleaning Magazine
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2015, 04:20:08 pm »
Custom made tank? Would 450l be the maximum weight it would take do you think?  Looking at that I might get some rigger boots.

No the payload on the new double cab Navara is 1062kg so plenty of more room for more water.

Forgot to mention fuel economy to, im averaging over 35mpg and on a run get well over 40mpg which i know a big van would struggle to get...especially with heated leather seats  ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2015, 06:18:02 pm »
I heard you use it for tarmacing as well ? ?

LWC

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2015, 06:50:28 pm »
Yes also selling cheap caravans if you know of anyone

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2015, 06:56:27 pm »
The 500£ a day heroes on here will buy a few. Do em up and sell em for 5k.

Dave Willis

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2015, 07:48:31 pm »
It's £700 a day now and free roof cleans- CIU has moved on!

LWC

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2015, 08:27:25 pm »

£700 by 12 o clock mate. Wouldnt dream of leaving house for anything less

Smurf

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2015, 09:14:27 pm »

£700 by 12 o clock mate. Wouldnt dream of leaving house for anything less

What with just carrying a 450 tank I think you might struggle a wee bit on that one.  Not unless you are selling/rebottling magic purified water at say £2 per litre to suckers then you would be quids in  ;D

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2015, 10:00:00 pm »
I changed from an expert van to a ford ranger super cab  a few months back.
The posing factor did not even come in to it.
The choice was made purely on what would work for me.
I fitted a bespoke 500L tank from aquaeous and built a removeable battery/pump box with controller out of an old toolbox.
I carry one 40 ft pole with 3 sections usually removed/added when needed ( made a doddle by way of "tubeless" modification ) a couple of different brushes, van mounted reel, backpack, trad gear, ladder on roof ( hardtop canopy fitted ) spares and tools.
If I remove the wheels from my mtn bike and put it in its bag its fits great behind the front seats ( supercab ranger has suicide doors and fold up rear seats ) plus point for me as I can pack up my cycling gear in morning or night before and do a full days work knowing its secure and go cycling of an evening without the need to first go home. I've carried 3 passengers with out difficulty.
Can work out the back without dropping tail gate ( I think I'm even quicker setting up and packing away than I was with my old van ) I fitted a lockable hinged marine supplies hatch/door that I had to cut an opening for in the hard top canopy - this allows me easy access to the tanks filler cap without having to crawl in to the back to fill up. Fuel economy obviously not quite so good as my old van but still suprisingly good compared to what I'd been led to believe.
I'm very happy going to a pick up and would never go back to a van now.

Smurf

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »
"The posing factor did not even come in to it"
I bet it did as to be honest they do look smart don't they???  ;D

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »
;D
Going on looks only and comparing the second hand pickups in my price range, the ranger ( 2005 ) looked the smartest by far
and understated. No chrome bull bars or silly steps and chavvy bling or stickers.

LWC

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2015, 11:02:04 am »
;D
Going on looks only and comparing the second hand pickups in my price range, the ranger ( 2005 ) looked the smartest by far
and understated. No chrome bull bars or silly steps and chavvy bling or stickers.

Come on now, Navara looks the best  ;D

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2015, 01:06:40 pm »
;D

Come on now, Navara looks the best  ;D

very pretty  :)
I'd be afraid to work from it for denting or scratching it  :D

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2015, 01:20:00 pm »

I work with the tailgate up so its easy...and im lazy so have the PowerUP so its really easy  ;D

Poles go in on a diagonal inside. I fit the supalite bag in there with my slx22 no hassle.

It would appear that I have misunderstood what people are referring to as a "truck".   My definition is an open-backed vehicle as that's what  used to drive way back in my construction days.  So, it appears that a "truck" is a viable option after all so long as you don't expect to fit loads in there.
You can get countryman or truckman tops like mine with higher tops, mine is far from full and that's a 500 L tank in there too !
LWC your set up looks really nice and I'm sure asthetically the roof line of the truck top same as the cab is smart but I think I would struggle with the space.

Smurf

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2015, 01:43:03 pm »
Those higher lids do seem more practical Barry. Likewise the upright tank smaller footprint creates more space in the back for sure.  ;)

LWC

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2015, 02:04:50 pm »
I dont need to carry any more stuff  :)

« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2015, 02:16:51 pm »
I wasn't knocking , I really like your set up  ;)
did you have to secure your tank at all ? presuming you got yours from aquaeous as well.
What i like about going bespoke is that you can tailor the dimensions to make fitting and securing far easier, mine sits snugly between wheel arches and retained from sliding back by haulage slings looped through the rails on the trucks exterior and tightened up with a ratchet strap. When tank empty I could have everything out in 10 mins. Great for summer hols and camping trips ! ( can just about sleep fully stretched out in back with an airbed  ;)
Your tank looks like with its low center of gravity and filling the entire load area needs no securing, a big plus side over a van where some kind of frame or mod is almost always needed. :)

Smurf

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2015, 02:35:32 pm »
When tank empty I could have everything out in 10 mins. Great for summer hols and camping trips ! ( can just about sleep fully stretched out in back with an airbed  ;)

I was going to say Barry but you already beat me to it the reasoning behind why yours has been set up that way.

LWC

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2015, 03:27:54 pm »
Yes mine is tailor made to the floor and it physically cannot move inside the load area when the tailgate is up. I can literally just slide it out when tank is empty. Still it weighs a fair bit so needs a couple of bods if i wanna slide it out.

Dave Willis

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »
What's the road tax and insurance like on these beasts?

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »
What's the road tax and insurance like on these beasts?
Think road tax was the same as my expert van £225 from memory, not renewed insurance yet but cost me £60 to change from van.