Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Re: New diy booster
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »

I dont van mount anyway , not sure what james has in mind .

James Jacob

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2015, 12:36:50 am »
Cheers for the compliments guys :) Credit to John though, for the idea & advice...
No plans to van mount, but not necessary to take machine upstairs anymore :)
I may leave the booster box outside properties whilst in operation (back gardens etc) till im satisfied that it wont catch fire or blow up :)
But all seems very good so far...

James Jacob

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 12:40:33 am »
Someone mentioned when the waste tank is full... wont the boosterbox continue vacuuming until it drowns itself? what are your experiences & thoughts on this John? & is there anything else to be aware of during operation? :)

john martin

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 08:41:03 am »
Very easy to put another ball and cage cutoff in there . I didn't yet , might do in new year . I just empty regularly .u have a big capacity with the enforcer anyway . As it is the main ball cage is below the booster level so u might feel and hear the cut off from that .
I have a large check valve to make a gravity auto empty ... didn't get round to putting it together yet ...its part of the reason I have both working on remote control.
Auto pump out could be another diy option.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 08:42:39 am »
yea - just make sure the customer doesn't -

1. Put the kettle on to make a cuppa - cos the leccy will trip
2. Or do any washing
3. Or do any ironing
4. Or look at the leccy meter spinning round like a rocket ship with all the amps you are using up!!

;D

James Jacob

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »
Hey John ive sent you an email... :)
& a quick question whilst im here... How often do you use your Boosterbox?
Is it on Most jobs, or only occasionally or what? :)

john martin

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2015, 02:19:55 pm »
Hey John ive sent you an email... :)
& a quick question whilst im here... How often do you use your Boosterbox?
Is it on Most jobs, or only occasionally or what? :)

I'm using it right now ! I will use it on nearly all carpet jobs .
I just plug it into two sockets beside each other ...no problem .
If u want to run an online heater like me ...u need to run an extension cord from another location ...utility room or upstairs landing or wherever to plug in the heater .
U don't trip switches with electric kettles and washing machines and that nonsense . Anyway a wet carpet will be remembered longer than a tripped switch ...
If u knock off the 'frozen' dvd in the playroom    ..ur in trouble alright though

James Jacob

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 05:11:15 pm »
Lol... Did you get my email?

Robin Ray

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51:30 pm »
Nice job, .....

What's the point in all this extra vacuum if you don't use it for longer hose runs?

My machine works well at 100ft fine without a booster that's why I leave it in the van, no filling no carrying, less noise. If I need to get closer I take it off the van. Surely this would be a better use for all this power you have given your machines.

jasonl

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2015, 06:42:10 pm »
This looks like a fantastic piece of kit I know I have criticised your thoughts on chemicals. Fairplay to you this is a real step forward.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

john martin

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2015, 09:30:37 pm »
This looks like a fantastic piece of kit I know I have criticised your thoughts on chemicals. Fairplay to you this is a real step forward.
cool thanks , no problems criticizing my thoughts . I couldn't really take credit for the four vac booster setup , there was the mytee booster a few years back , or quad vacs , steembrite goliath has being a quad for years , now it a quad 6.6 . And Altec had a quad probably before them all  . Although im not sure what configuration ?parallel or series parallel .
Of course the americans can only dream of 6.6 boosted machines on two cords , its takes four or a generator for  them at 120v.

john martin

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2015, 09:33:37 pm »
Nice job, .....

What's the point in all this extra vacuum if you don't use it for longer hose runs?

My machine works well at 100ft fine without a booster that's why I leave it in the van, no filling no carrying, less noise. If I need to get closer I take it off the van. Surely this would be a better use for all this power you have given your machines.
I just find van mounting a bit of a  Kerfuffle .
I dont have a tank either , i might look into it all again , build an ETM of sorts .
The extra vacuum for me is just faster ,dryer ,easier for me cleaning i suppose .

john martin

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2015, 07:00:48 pm »
  Just did this test quickly in a house today  ...
  Any who thinks this setup is melting plugs or burning fuses or whatever ....  it aint !   :)

This is just a snap shot with the four vacs running ,  40ft hose and the wand attached but just lying flat whistling .
The 13.2 amps is the enforcer with both vacs and pump at 250psi
The 12.6 amps is the booster .

If you use the wand on the carpet both would drop about one amp .

Robin Ray

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:40 pm »
Interesting wiring there John.

john martin

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2015, 07:39:14 pm »
Interesting wiring there John.
lol , probably looks a mess . The white cable is the enforcer .. the black cable is the booster .
The orange lead is just a thing with stripped wires to use the amp meter .

Robin Ray

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »
Ahh... Thought there must be more to it than just a badly fitted plug ;D

Interesting device.

James Jacob

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »
Hi John :)
I used my Enforcer on 2 jobs today... First job i used a hallway twin wall socket & tripped the electrics about 3/4 through the job... Re-set the trip & continued on without the heater on... finished the job.
Second job i used the Kitchen circuit with everything on in the Enforcer no probs... I didn't use the booster box on either job...
Reason being... i want to get the Enforcer Optimised first :)
So...  Well, Last night i spent quite a while looking through old posts on vac hose sizes & their effects with different vacs etc & learned a lot :)
Now to the point to my post...
Atm... my Enforcer has top vac 6.6 & bottom vac 7.2... running 25ft of 1.5"
Reading an old post i noticed you mention about the 7.2 vac... ill copy & paste the post here... Could you elaborate on it please as tbh in not mega impressed with the performance atm... i have a feeling i will be swapping out the 7.2 very shortly for a 6.6... but first i just want to know why im not super impressed with my current enforcer vac configuration... :)
Cheers Jim

Re: Airflex Storm or Enforcer

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2014, 03:42:17 pm »
Quote from: Simon Gerrard on July 17, 2014, 03:15:09 pm
Wrong choice of wand, me thinks. Usually use the Prochem Quad jet at 300-400 psi on the TM (Maxx 450D), so wanting to test the near truck mount qualities of the 7.2 vacs thought it should cope with the flow at 200psi, clearly not.
Used it with 50 feet of 2 inch hose on my van seats with a Sapphire and didn't think it was that much more powerful than the twin vac machines I already have, upholstery cleaning on ships being what we use the portables on mostly. Still a great machine but not what I was expecting, power wise.

Simon

Tsk ...   who told you the 7.2 used was powerfull .      If they are the ones im thinking of they have close to 400 airwatts  ...  the HD electro has 560 .
Wrong vacs .. wrong wand ...  no airmovers

john martin

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 09:10:39 pm »
Hi John :)
I used my Enforcer on 2 jobs today... First job i used a hallway twin wall socket & tripped the electrics about 3/4 through the job... Re-set the trip & continued on without the heater on... finished the job.
Second job i used the Kitchen circuit with everything on in the Enforcer no probs... I didn't use the booster box on either job...
Reason being... i want to get the Enforcer Optimised first :)
So...  Well, Last night i spent quite a while looking through old posts on vac hose sizes & their effects with different vacs etc & learned a lot :)
Now to the point to my post...
Atm... my Enforcer has top vac 6.6 & bottom vac 7.2... running 25ft of 1.5"
Reading an old post i noticed you mention about the 7.2 vac... ill copy & paste the post here... Could you elaborate on it please as tbh in not mega impressed with the performance atm... i have a feeling i will be swapping out the 7.2 very shortly for a 6.6... but first i just want to know why im not super impressed with my current enforcer vac configuration... :)
Cheers Jim

Re: Airflex Storm or Enforcer

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2014, 03:42:17 pm »
Quote from: Simon Gerrard on July 17, 2014, 03:15:09 pm
Wrong choice of wand, me thinks. Usually use the Prochem Quad jet at 300-400 psi on the TM (Maxx 450D), so wanting to test the near truck mount qualities of the 7.2 vacs thought it should cope with the flow at 200psi, clearly not.
Used it with 50 feet of 2 inch hose on my van seats with a Sapphire and didn't think it was that much more powerful than the twin vac machines I already have, upholstery cleaning on ships being what we use the portables on mostly. Still a great machine but not what I was expecting, power wise.

Simon

Tsk ...   who told you the 7.2 used was powerfull .      If they are the ones im thinking of they have close to 400 airwatts  ...  the HD electro has 560 .
Wrong vacs .. wrong wand ...  no airmovers

What heater have u got , dont thing u should be tripping anything , unless u work an area with some ancient house  wiring .
I dont think that 7.2 is a high watt motor so perhaps its impeding the performance u expect ... or else u just expect too much from a two vac .
Heres a usefull link i found  ...   :)
https://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com/ametek-lamb-122236-18-6-6-vac-motor-2-stage-tan-240v.html

James Jacob

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:59 pm »
I have a 3kw tank element..
& Yes that is a very useful link indeed :)
No doubt everyone will buy them all before i get the chance though... lol (or you will ;) )
So my theory is then that if i swap out the 7.2 for a 6.6 then my enforcer configuration will be exactly the same as yours...
& with the twin 6.6 booster boxes then we will have the same... (atm...lol)
I dont care if its copying... because your system is tried & tested.. so thats fine by me :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2015, 09:44:22 pm »
I appreciate its not as compact but why can't you van mount an enforcer then have vac pipe to say an express at the the door where a right angled vac attachment could be put on the express to join the 2 ?