This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

Getting resin into a tank .... not easy!!
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
I had to replace my resin this morning.
I havnt got a RO unit yet, as i am about to move house, so cant really set it up anywhere so im using a bottle/ tank....  (not sure of the actual name for it   ....  DI tank?i dont know)

anyway. How do people replace the resin without getting it everywhere?!
Or i can get in it nicely, but it takes half the day!
Then to screw the top on is hard to get right.

Can i get some tips please guys? :)

ian m

Re: Getting resin into a tank .... not easy!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:46:59 pm »

Hi leeksons

Get yourself a funnel.

My di vessel head comes off leaving the column inside the bottle, so I just feed the funnel down one side.

I use an old plastic bottle to scoop the resin out of the bag.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/mcneuk/fab05d5a.jpg

Hope this helps

Ian

I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:48:51 pm »
i funnel up a newspaper and scoop it in with a trowel.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 08:55:48 pm »
surely, you'd think, there would be a bettter method of doing this.  :-\

I think Ionics do a sealed unit of colour change resin where you just change the units over.  I believe this is quite a bit more expensive though - as you would expect as I believe the container gets discarded.  I don't know if you can fit them onto another system or if they are designed just to fit on their own systems.

Richy L

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 09:03:08 pm »
im only using my DI vessel until i get my RO unit up and running, but in the meantime, it just seems to take up a lot of time.
it just seems like a bad design to me

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:15:20 pm »
Cut the top off a road trafic cone, and use as a funnel.

Buy one of course. ;D

Roy

dai

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 10:38:03 pm »
I used a road cone untill I found a metal lampshade that just fits the neck of the vessel. Dai

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »
i use a hard plastic funnel about 12" diameter and a large container to put in.Give it a soft shake as you empty your new resin as it will go in quicker.

Morph

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 11:21:12 pm »
Use a supermarket carrier bag.  Cut a large hole in the bottom, put it into the top of your di vessel, wrap it round the filter tube running down the centre, open the top of the bag, fill with resin from plastic jug, shake bag as it fills, shake di vessel when nearly full.
15-20 mins =13+1/2 litre vessel full

Richy L

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 11:51:15 pm »
so the best way to get the filter tube in the vessel is just by messing around with it and shaking it about a bit eh?

Morph

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 12:04:59 am »
NO

Get the filter tube in place first, tape over the top so you don't fill it with resin, then do the rest.  It's easy!

What do you want, remote control life?

*foxman

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 08:28:37 pm »
Richey boy!

the easiest way to fill a di tank is just buy a gutter box section, the down pipe part fits perfectly of the hole and you have a big tray to put the resin in. You can fill a 25L tank in less than a minute.

When it comes to fitting in the riser tube and screen just lay the tank on it's side and push it in. Then roll the tank half a turn so the resin falls around it making it easy to push the whole thing in.

Steve

abacus

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 06:15:08 pm »
Hi all
the quickest way to fill the di tank is to decant the resin into a bucket with a pouring lip add water just enough to so that it is flowing, then pour into tank through funnel this will take a couple of buckes or so, if you over do it and the fills the tank with water but you still have some resin left continue slowly the water will overflow but the risn will stay in. Depending on the bottom filter shpe the plastic tube should just push down if not connect to the screww lid push down as far as possible the connect hose for jus a second it will sink lile a stone wipe thread clean an tighten ten mins tops
hope this helps
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 06:54:51 pm »
Filter tube?????? you should take the complete section out fill with resin top up with water then put filter tube and head in as a whole part

gaza

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 11:07:05 pm »
Word of warning: di resin is worst than ice for slipping on,dont use it were someone is going to walk when fillinng it up.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO