This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Winter advice
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 04:46:19 pm »
i usually just stick me onsie on and crack on mate 👍

Steven Biggs

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 05:14:42 pm »
Also gunna get a blow torch in the back of the van . Owt freezes up , like your brush heads a quick zap with theblow torch and your away again

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 06:33:10 pm »
Facelift do a van heater that will heat the rear of the van and comes on when the temp drops,around £500 I think

You mean one of these but in a fancy box maybe? ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxZmQoAUH8

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 06:52:41 pm »
I remember one prolonged cold snap after having an operation so was off a few weeks thinking great I'm fit enough now to get out and do a bit. Only to find the water in me van tank had turned into one big iceberg. Doh!...  hidsight is a wonderful thing ;D

i remember that! it was 2010.at the time i had 10 barrels in my van and they all froze solid!it went down to -15 overnight which is very rare in the north west.  ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 07:06:25 pm »
I'm thinking of putting salt in my tank . That should help towards stopping it freezing . Anyone tried it gotta be a lot cheaper and easier than gas or immersions . Just don't know how much . I'm thinking 500 grams for 500 litres .  Cheers barry .

i have 2 aquarium heaters(about £20 each) that i drop into my tank if its forecast freak minus temperatures overnight(-10 and lower).the water is just very luke warm in the morning but it stops it freezing.usually its an oil filled radiator if say  -5 overnight which is sufficient.
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 07:11:18 pm »
your all poofs im still wearing shorts  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 07:22:00 pm »
My truck goes in the garage overnight hose reel will get a duvet chucked over it and an aquarium heater in the tank .

If we get a good covering of snow on the ground then its all good as hose is less likely to freeze and most  window cleaners wont dare go out in their vans  ;D ;D

gary999

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 10:35:03 pm »
January...I take it off and spend my tips from xmas ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 10:42:21 pm »
You got a frock for Christmas  ???

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 11:08:27 pm »
I'm thinking of putting salt in my tank . That should help towards stopping it freezing . Anyone tried it gotta be a lot cheaper and easier than gas or immersions . Just don't know how much . I'm thinking 500 grams for 500 litres .  Cheers barry .
This is what I used to do, 'til one cold mornin whilst I was scrubbing away, one of my customers came out his house all aggressive asking what the bleep I was cleaning his windows with, words were exchanged, things turned real nasty and I ended up getting done for asalt

DeLuce

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2015, 11:16:44 pm »
i usually just stick me onsie on and crack on mate 👍

I prefer the Morph suite  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 11:56:20 pm »
This is what I used to do, 'til one cold mornin whilst I was scrubbing away, one of my customers came out his house all aggressive asking what the bleep I was cleaning his windows with, words were exchanged, things turned real nasty and I ended up getting done for asalt
;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 12:18:10 am »
Yes Guys, January and February can be tough months, focus on solutions not the problems, i am going to share a few ideas some will laugh and others might think why not its worth a try, this is all to do with internal cleaning for high street retailers nice and warm and even die hard wfpers can capitalize on these jobs, i think its fair to say most shiners but not all focus on exterior glass mainly and sometimes interiors, take for example large department stores who have huge amounts of internal glass and mirror surfaces which are cleaned all year round mainly with traditional type glass and mirror cleaners which just end up leaving greasy residues built up on these surfaces, by approaching these retailers and carrying out a simple demonstration showing them that their internal glass and mirrors can be cleaned properly by leaving no SSRs (Streaks,Smears,Residues,) behind. we have developed a method for achieving these results which are very well received by all types of retailers and when i say all types of retailers i am talking about the likes of department stores,hair and beauty salons,jewelers,opticians,boutiques,barbers,tile and bathroom showrooms,glass mirror and lighting showrooms,food retailers for their deli glass display counters,etc,etc. trust me guys the opportunities in cleaning and detailing the likes of interior glass,mirrors,lighting,high gloss display surfaces,chrome and stainless steel fixtures and fittings,granite and marble countertops,security camera lenses and mirrors,interior signage,recessed ceiling lights,etc,etc. there are so many opportunities its hard to comprehend, we have spent years developing safe and effective methods in solving these type problems for all sorts of retailers and they are over the moon with the results our methods can achieve on all their different types of surfaces, i will say again they are open and receptive to solutions and its just a two minute demo to show them the difference when cleaning or detailing is carried out properly using the right applicators and safe cleaning solutions, these are really simple safe and effective methods that can be carried out by anyone who is open and receptive to new ways of developing business, i am happy to share information on these ideas under no obligation by email info@jskcleaning.ie or call 00353 87 9406650    regards Tadgh

Mike #1

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 06:23:16 am »
I use Stardrops all round cleaner works treat costs £0.99  a little goes a long away and i don't use a waffle cloth  ;) , Double density microfibre used for detailing cars or use the  spray bottle mix of water and stardrops and squeegee off .

gary999

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 10:02:01 am »
You got a frock for Christmas  ???
Dick! ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 10:35:10 am »
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »
I use Stardrops all round cleaner works treat costs £0.99  a little goes a long away and i don't use a waffle cloth  ;) , Double density microfibre used for detailing cars or use the  spray bottle mix of water and stardrops and squeegee off .
when using little waffle glass cloths its recommended to use them with just water, if you take e-cloths for example probably one of the largest suppliers of microfiber across Europe, their little waffle glass cloths are one of the best sellers for them.

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2015, 11:41:27 pm »
Yes Guys, January and February can be tough months, focus on solutions not the problems, i am going to share a few ideas some will laugh and others might think why not its worth a try, this is all to do with internal cleaning for high street retailers nice and warm and even die hard wfpers can capitalize on these jobs, i think its fair to say most shiners but not all focus on exterior glass mainly and sometimes interiors, take for example large department stores who have huge amounts of internal glass and mirror surfaces which are cleaned all year round mainly with traditional type glass and mirror cleaners which just end up leaving greasy residues built up on these surfaces, by approaching these retailers and carrying out a simple demonstration showing them that their internal glass and mirrors can be cleaned properly by leaving no SSRs (Streaks,Smears,Residues,) behind. we have developed a method for achieving these results which are very well received by all types of retailers and when i say all types of retailers i am talking about the likes of department stores,hair and beauty salons,jewelers,opticians,boutiques,barbers,tile and bathroom showrooms,glass mirror and lighting showrooms,food retailers for their deli glass display counters,etc,etc. trust me guys the opportunities in cleaning and detailing the likes of interior glass,mirrors,lighting,high gloss display surfaces,chrome and stainless steel fixtures and fittings,granite and marble countertops,security camera lenses and mirrors,interior signage,recessed ceiling lights,etc,etc. there are so many opportunities its hard to comprehend, we have spent years developing safe and effective methods in solving these type problems for all sorts of retailers and they are over the moon with the results our methods can achieve on all their different types of surfaces, i will say again they are open and receptive to solutions and its just a two minute demo to show them the difference when cleaning or detailing is carried out properly using the right applicators and safe cleaning solutions, these are really simple safe and effective methods that can be carried out by anyone who is open and receptive to new ways of developing business, i am happy to share information on these ideas under no obligation by email info@jskcleaning.ie or call 00353 87 9406650    regards Tadgh

Nice post... indoor work defo has advantages in bad weather  ;)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 12:33:13 am »

Nice post... indoor work defo has advantages in bad weather  ;)
  Yes there are many ways to develop new business for indoor cleaning, if you take for example jewelers their glass presentation cases usually have built in sliding glass doors, staff can clean the outside of the glass with sprays and cloths which just end up with smears from continuous use, for the likes of jewelers presentation is everything and the only way to clean or detail these sliding glass doors properly is to lift them off their slide rails take them down as its the only way to clean or detail the inside and outside of the glass properly,we normally take one sliding glass door down and detail the glass (both sides) when its put back up and placed next to the glass door which has not been detailed they are just blown away by the results, one glass door completely free of SSRs (Streaks,Smears,Residues,) and the one next to it is full of SSRs, now you have a solution to a serious problem for jewelers and will have them in the palm of your hand guaranteed they will go with your price to have them all done the same way and have you to come back when ever required, and of course  this type work pays very well and can always generate plenty of other referral jobs, just one way of developing new business when the weather is cat out there. and there are many other ways for shiners to develop new business all indoors of course for high street retailers again for when the weather is against outdoor work. Tadgh

Mr. S

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 02:04:40 pm »
Already started stocking up on soup!....
For the tank! Lol so I can earn selling soup to all those cold and freezing window cleaners out there!😂😂😂